Black Ops rage... welcome to the next year of your life.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Kevonovitch said:
sounds like shit's worse than mw2. ty for reinforcing my lack of interest in buying any CoD game ever again.
It's not worse believe me i hated MW2, this game (from what i have seen and heard from my friends) is better in many ways.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
This was why Brink was held back until 2011.
And that game looks beyond epic, where this.... well.

I saw THIS coming, the unbalancing, 1-hit kills, no sniping, and those goddamn DOGS. OH, THOSE GODDAMN DOGS.

Yeah. I'm not buying this game. Good job, Teyarch.

Deathflame

Mar 2, 2010
Dr_Steve_Brule said:
TF2 snipers.
They have to wait as well before firing a shot.
Why aren't you complaining about this as well?
Because they have to wait for damage. In Black Ops you have to wait for accuracy. The major difference being that health pools in TF2 are a lot bigger than the ones in CoD games, making headshots a lot more attractive.

OT: I'm really not sure about the whole sniper thing. On one hand, it makes sense but it just feels like there are better ways to fix quicksniping.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
So wait they took the took the Blackhawk and the medic's revive ability from Bad Company 2 and made them into overpowered perks? What else did they take from BC2?

strum4h

Jan 3, 2009
EHKOS said:
I see they ripped off the fourth Indiana Jones movie for a map.
I am pretty sure places like that existed before that terrible Indiana Jones film.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Reagus said:
MiracleOfSound said:
The campaign is amazing. As in, probably the best shooter I've ever played.
Oh, fair enough then, as long as you personally think you got your moneys worth, thats the important thing ^^ I just find all these people who bought it pretty much with their focus being on multiplayer and expecting something decent to be very naive
I'm actually pleased with the multi so far. I had huge doubts, but it seems to be good, fast paced and pretty balanced. Yay!

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
theSovietConnection said:
Well, look what you've done, Miracle. Already 10-20 people or so have come over here to say "Hurr, durr, Black Ops sucks, I knew it.", based on this single piece of slight concern.

Well, how can it not suck when the multiplayer is unbalanced and the single is short and stup... oh, wait, we never saw any of this, did we?

It has been 9 hours the game's release. I think it's just a little too early to judge. Especially based on, like, two minor aspects of the game.
Sigh. Guess I should've known better than to voice some simple concerns about the game without having people spit bile all over the thread!

I've played the game a fair bit now, and thankfully air support doesn't show up much. Second Chance is a horrible, flow breaking perk though and every second person has it on :(
Why'd you quote me for that? Or is Escapist randomly assigning people incorrect posts now? That's definitely JourneyThroughHell's post, though, not mine.

Kevonovitch

Apr 15, 2009
arc1991 said:
Kevonovitch said:
sounds like shit's worse than mw2. ty for reinforcing my lack of interest in buying any CoD game ever again.
It's not worse believe me i hated MW2, this game (from what i have seen and heard from my friends) is better in many ways.
huh, somehow i doubt that, but i guess we'll find out soon enough >_>

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Kevonovitch said:
So far it is miles better than MW2.

If things remain as they are now, it will be the best COD yet. Just remains to be seen if Treyarch make sure people don't abuse the game.

Kevonovitch

Apr 15, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Kevonovitch said:
So far it is miles better than MW2.

If things remain as they are now, it will be the best COD yet. Just remains to be seen if Treyarch make sure people don't abuse the game.
well if they gave a damn about multiplayer they'd be using PB instead of VAC, and im still waiting on my copy, so i'll atleast see how it is soon.

neolithic

Feb 22, 2009
I just wanna give FIDO some major props! I thought about my response to him after I posted it last night, and felt like in my nerd rage of reading some of the responses in this thread I posted in a manner that might have come off as condescending and prickish. You sir or madam are awesome!

ps: I love it when people scream "camper" at me, means I'm doing my job. :)

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
BossBattleE said:
EHKOS said:
I see they ripped off the fourth Indiana Jones movie for a map.
You're an idiot. Places like that have been used as bomb test sites for years.

As for the rest of you biching, whining, moaning and complaining, well, I'd like to just first say thank you. I won't have to play with amatuers like you online now.

Uh, quickscopers? Gone. Loveley as well. Love how you guys claimed you had skill when you know deep down you really didn't (everyone else already knew btw).

Oh, and those fags that like to run and then 'drop shot'? Hope you know they fixed that stupid little issue too. You dive now if you hold the crouch/prone button while sprinting, so have fun with that (I personally love it).

Overall, campaign if freaking awesome and multiplayer is far away better than the previous WaW and MW2.

Once again, I say thank you to all you whiners for not playing (I'd probably mute you anyways) and those of you that realize a great game when you see one? See you online.
You're funny. Enjoy your ban/probation and getting raped online as you realize there are tons of people better than you and are ready to fill you full of holes faster than you can disconnect. And there will always be exploits and glitches that piss you off. If you really need to go join a forum just to brag about how good you're going to do on some battlefield simulation then I'd say you're going to have bigger problems than K/D ratios.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Chopper gunner: of COURSE its going to be powerful on a very small map and when no one tries to shoot it down, the youtube COD guys know this. in a few weeks/month, people will clue in into shooting down air support
second chance: It's not that bad, unless I'm rocking the double-barreled shotty and had to take him with the second shot, far better than MW2's painkiller, last stand OR final stand, because they're vulnerable while going down and don't have quite the same aim-assit, and some disorientation.
sniping: USE THE GODDAM ACOG SCOPE IF YOU'RE GOING TO TRY AND USE IT WHERE IT REALLY SHOULD NOT BE USED, GODDAMIT.

and also, remember this: the tubes got a pretty decent nerf-bat, and flack jacket will make you laugh off explosions.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
SalamanderJoe said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Quickscoping isn't sniping, it's fucking ridiculous. This means people will have to actually snipe instead of treating it as a run and gun weapon.
My point exactly. Sniping means holding ground and providing support, not taking point running into battle and jumping 360 degrees off boxes for Youtube montages.
It's one thing it hard to aim, it's another to make the bullet do no damage.

Besides the fact that in real life, a sniper is just easy to aim with at close range as any other gun.