Black Panther Teaser Trailer

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Waiting for the C-list heroes like the Young Avengers, including Hulkling - a half-Skrull prince with hulk powers. Give it 10 years, it'll happen.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
The Lunatic said:
Saelune said:
Ofcourse racist asshole conspiracy theorists are gonna have an issue with shit. Fuck them and move on.

Seriously, this kind of racist shit is completely unacceptable, anyone going along with these people should be ashamed of themselves.

Personally? Meh? The whole "Africa is future now, but, nobody knew!" thing is just a little bit too... Unbelievable.
Honestly, Twitter is just a place for stupid people with a keyboard who thinks their words carry influence. Her comment was beyond stupid.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Zontar said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Bottom of the barrel Marvel.
Mind elaborating on this?
This is a barrel.

Here's Black Panther.
He married Storm from X-Men, was a fairly early and prominent enough member of the Avengers, and along with Storm, filled in for half of the Fantastic Four for a time.

That is no bottom-barrel Marvel hero.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Hawki said:
b) Why do I have the feeling that racist arseholes lurking on the Internet are going to see this and cry foul at some conspiracy theory (a black nation in Africa that's more advanced than ours? Racist! Racist! It's promoting white genocide!")? Ugh. :(
Of course they will.

And on the other hands, some will see a black nation in Africa that's more advanced than ours ... yet still runs around in Dark Continent style tribal wear[footnote]INB4 someone points it out, I know there is an in-universe explanation for it[/footnote]. "Racist! Racist! it's promoting the prejudice of Africans as tribal savages!"

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Casual Shinji said:
You mean we're finally going to see Andy Serkis for more than five minutes in a movie?! Holy. Shit.
I hope so too.
He's Klaw before his origin here from what I've seen.
Destined to end up with a sound weapon emitting hand and eventually a creature composed of living sound.

Hopefully he's in for the long haul because Andy is a wonderful actor and if they follow the comic enough the role could require a bit of the mocap performance he's deservedly lauded for.

As to the trailer, absolutely love the feline like movement when he's suited up and fighting.
The nation of Wakanda is looking from the glimpses to be a visually impressive spectacle.
I've got high hopes for this movie.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Mikeybb said:
Casual Shinji said:
You mean we're finally going to see Andy Serkis for more than five minutes in a movie?! Holy. Shit.
I hope so too.
He's Klaw before his origin here from what I've seen.
Destined to end up with a sound weapon emitting hand and eventually a creature composed of living sound.

Hopefully he's in for the long haul because Andy is a wonderful actor and if they follow the comic enough the role could require a bit of the mocap performance he's deservedly lauded for.

As to the trailer, absolutely love the feline like movement when he's suited up and fighting.
The nation of Wakanda is looking from the glimpses to be a visually impressive spectacle.
I've got high hopes for this movie.
He already lost his lower arm in...Avengers 2 I believe. Im guessing he's already created his sound arm by the time the film starts.

I like Klaw's more human depictions. When he looks like a reject Sentinel from X-Men...meh.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Saelune said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Zontar said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
This is a barrel.

Here's Black Panther.
He married Storm from X-Men, was a fairly early and prominent enough member of the Avengers, and along with Storm, filled in for half of the Fantastic Four for a time.

I don't care about his CV, if he were an A-lister it wouldn't take 18 movies to get him to star in one.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Saelune said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Zontar said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
This is a barrel.

Here's Black Panther.

I don't care about his CV, if he were an A-lister it wouldn't take 18 movies to get him to star in one.
CV?

I didnt say he was an A-Lister, but you are saying he is well, a nobody. And he very much is not a nobody in Marvel.

The movies started with The Avengers. Yes, ok, Iron Man...who is an original Avenger. And oh look, the films were Thor, Captain America and Hulk. For some reason Ant-Man is often given the short end of the stick though, and doesnt even star in "his" movie (Hank Pym that is, not Scott Lang).

And oh, now we're looking at the later waves of Avengers and Marvel Heroes, with Black Panther and Ms Marvel, as well as Doctor Strange and Spider-Man in his actual MCU feature. Then there is Luke Cage and Iron Fist in the Netflix scene and well, no Wolverine for MCU sadly but I think The New Avengers will manage without him.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Truth be told, neither Iron Man, Thor or even Captain America were household names with non-comic book reading audiences before the MCU, with the Hulk probably coming closest. Although all 4 were better known than Black Panther, and certainly are now.

Spider-Man is probably the only MCU character who already had real A-list mainstream recognition on the level of a Batman or Superman pre-MCU.

That said, I do like that Marvel is willing to take chances with some of their lesser known or more 'out there' characters. Although that probably has to do with many of the bigger names being tied to the X-Men or Fantastic Four, and thus to Fox.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Chimpzy said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Truth be told, neither Iron Man, Thor or even Captain America were household names with non-comic book reading audiences before the MCU, with the Hulk probably coming closest. Although all 4 were better known than Black Panther, and certainly are now.

Spider-Man is probably the only MCU character who already had real A-list mainstream recognition on the level of a Batman or Superman pre-MCU.

That said, I do like that Marvel is willing to take chances with some of their lesser known or more 'out there' characters. Although that probably has to do with many of the bigger names being tied to the X-Men or Fantastic Four, and thus to Fox.
True that but even I knew about the Avengers well before Marvel started churning out the movies, and I've never touched a single of their comics or even watched the 90s cartoons. That even my mom knows about them tells me they're fairly popular. It's when you wheel out "Black Panther" (who?) that I start hearing the bottom of the barrel getting scraped.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
It's when you wheel out "Black Panther" (who?) that I start hearing the bottom of the barrel getting scraped.
Meh, arguably that already started with the decidedly d-lister Guardians of the Galaxy.
At least Black Panther can lay claim to having been a member of the Avengers and Fantastic Four at some points.

Still kind of amazes me that at one point someone at Marvel went "You know who need to make a movie about? That one team with the guntoting talking raccoon and the walking tree that can only say his name." At which point the rest of the board room probably went "Wait, what? Who?"

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Looks like another inoffensive popcorn film, nothing worth hyping up.
Johnny Novgorod said:
No, that was Guardians of the Galaxy.