Black War Syndicate(Started. Open. PM the GM)

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
2 minutes before departure. Everyone get in gear.
Having finished checking his gear and pocketing all of the ammunition he was planning on bringing, Calvin stood up, picked up his rifle and headed back towards the door where they had been admitted to the bunker the night before. On reaching the door he slung his rifle over his shoulder, took one of the throwing knives from his belt and started throwing it up and catching it as it fell, waiting for Stefan and Caspian to arrive.

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
Stefan holstered his gun and slotted the spare clips into his vest. He took the stun baton with him as well but left grenades and the railgun. His steps lead him to the chamber they had first stumbled into through the vault door. He was holding the kinetic shield tech in his hands, still tinkering with it as he attended the gathering.

He was a little nervous. The creeping feeling of inaction was worrying him and he was eager to get back into the fight. Of course, it was an all together different fight now. Still, he felt refreshed and as ready as he could be. A typical determined yet somewhat stern look settled over his face as he waited for the others to show up as well.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
*2 minutes before departure. Everyone get in gear.* Mantis said over intercom, meanwhile Caspian was already en-route to his bed to get kitted out for the mission. When he arrived, his first priority was putting on his coat and armoured vest, then attaching the wrist computer. After making final checks on his weaponry, he proceeded to add them to their various holsters, making sure they secure. Grabbing several spare clips for the guns, and a couple of grenades from each variation; Caspian made his way to the door, where he saw Calvin and Stefan ready as well to get going.

"Gentlemen." He said to them with a devious smile upon arrival.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012

Oliver already had all the gear he needed on him. He made a few tweaks to his tech, but otherwise had nothing else to do.

He went down to the bunker where they had first meet Mantis and surveyed the people who had already gathered there. No doubt they were going on the more dangerous jobs. He waited impatiently, arms crossed and rhythmically tapping his foot on the ground. Usually he made others wait, the longer they were outside the door to his office the more worried they would become and would slip up on details that would have otherwise saved their skin.

As he waited he looked up everything he could find on Brain Duran.

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
Stefan extended his hand to Calvin offering it in a firm grip and a handshake, as he was already there before Stefan, his stern face eased a little as he offered a sincere smile. Better get along than bicker, he figured. And he'd probably get along just fine for now. He noticed Caspian walk in as well and offered the same gesture, after Calvin though. Beaming the man the same confident smile as his nervousness evaporated considerably. He was still holding the shield tech in his left hand for now.

"It'll be... a new experience. I'm sure we'll make a good team though. I'll cover both your arses if shit gets sour."

He smirked. Though, while he managed to hide it well for a change. He had to prepare his mind for potential killing again. It didn't come as easily to him as it would to others here, he was certain of that. But it was necessary and he'd guess that anything he'd have to shoot at would hardily be an innocent man.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
"It'll be... a new experience. I'm sure we'll make a good team though. I'll cover both your arses if shit gets sour."

Stefan spoke as he shook Calvin's hand. Calvin smiled. "That should be a nice change from me covering your arse in the tunnel. You sure you're up for this? You mentioned you used to be a cop right? If shit does get sour then we won't be able to resolve it peaceably."

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012

Byron took off his blazer and shirt. He equipped his kevlar bulletproof vest before putting his shirt and blazer back on again. He equipped two holsters where he put his pistols, having already checked them for any malfunctions. One was at an over the shoulder holster that came at around his chest and the other he equipped below his left knee. He finally attached another holster to his back where he put his sword. On the same holster he attached his flashbangs so that they were ready to use at any time. He deposited his sniper rifle in a small suitcase the night before. Picking up the suitcase he made his way down to the place they first entered.

He approached the group made up of Almberg, Calvin and Caspian.

"Well good morning gentlemen, I assume is morning anyway. Did anyone happen to pick mission number 1 on the way here?"

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011

Jacob finished polishing his guns as he went up stairs. He was wearing his full combat gear, his armor and all of his weapons. His thumbs seemed to have healed quite nicely for as far as that was possible at this point.

He looked at everyone gather there as he walked over to Oliver. Oliver seemed impatient, Jacob stopped walking once he was standing at the right side of Oliver. "So before we start our interrogation I use violent methods.. Do you have any problem with those? I mean like waterboarding, breaking fingers, ripping out nails, and hammering nails under there finger nails, and my favorite electric torture. You know such kind of things." Jacob looked at Oliver with an serious expression. He wouldn't start with that of course but still if he needed to he would use all of those methods.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
"Well good morning gentlemen, I assume is morning anyway. Did anyone happen to pick mission number 1 on the way here?"

Before Stefan could answer they were approached by Byron. "No we all picked mission 2," Calvin replied. "It sounded like it'd be a fairly easy one. Have you not talked to anyone else about the missions yet?"

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
"No we all picked mission 2," Calvin replied. "It sounded like it'd be a fairly easy one. Have you not talked to anyone else about the missions yet?"

"Then I still have problem. Big problem. As far as I know I am the only one who picked mission 1. Still I am not complaining I always liked working alone, is easier to sneak by yourself. But I thought that tracking some big armament shipment ought to be easier than stealing something from a base full of bloodthirsty thugs"

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
"Then I still have problem. Big problem. As far as I know I am the only one who picked mission 1. Still I am not complaining I always liked working alone, is easier to sneak by yourself. But I thought that tracking some big armament shipment ought to be easier than stealing something from a base full of bloodthirsty thugs"

"That shipment won't be unguarded and they're probably going to be expecting people to come snooping after it. So really, they're probably equally risky. Besides, with a stealthy approach, said bloodthirsty thugs need never know we were there. And I don't think I'll be handling the actual stealing." He patted his rifle and grinned. "I'll be up on the roof, keeping watch for any back up that might come a-knocking."

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
"That shipment won't be unguarded and they're probably going to be expecting people to come snooping after it. So really, they're probably equally risky."

"Leave it to you to make it sound like a suicide mission. Still now that you mention, I wouldn't mind having someone to cover me. The thought of going solo on this mission just doesn't sit right with me at the moment. So I see you favor long range guns." Byron pointed to his briefcase "Smart man, I do the same. Any last minute advice before I'm off to slaughter ?"

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
He had smirked at Calvin's comment about the tunnel, chuckling lightly even. Before he could answer the question though, they were interrupted by Byron, Stefan nodded a slight greeting no less. He listened to him right until the point where he told them about his problem, it had to be resolved after all.

"Maybe one of us could go with you instead. Probably shouldn't be me, though, but still. It's a good plan, 2 for each task. As for me, I'll manage. I know what's at stake here. I won't hesitate to shoot if that's what you mean."

He nodded slightly, he'd let Caspian or Calvin decide who should go for the first task instead. Seemed like a good idea to even out their working force eitherway.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
"Leave it to you to make it sound like a suicide mission. Still now that you mention, I wouldn't mind having someone to cover me. The thought of going solo on this mission just doesn't sit right with me at the moment. So I see you favor long range guns. Smart man, I do the same. Any last minute advice before I'm off to slaughter ?"

Calvin began to have misgivings about his choice of mission. Maybe I should go with Byron instead. Following a shipment would be a better fit for my skillset after all. I'll ask Stefan and Caspian first, see if they mind.

"Maybe it doesn't have to be suicide mission. I could go with you. I'll talk to Stefan and Caspian first, though they'll probably be well able to handle getting the computer by themselves."

He turned to Caspian and Stefan. "Would you guys mind if I went with Byron instead? I'd probably be a better help to him out there than I would to you guys inside a building. I'm better suited to long range combat than being inside anyway"

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
"Seems good to me, Calvin. We stand more of a chance of completing all the tasks if we even out our forces. It's good to have it settled. Won't be long before Mantis sends us out now, I reckon."

Stefan turned his gaze upon the glass pane, waiting intently for more information. He figured there would be quite a bit more to it in a bit. But for now, everyone hadn't gathered yet. Almberg clenched his fists casually. He wouldn't have minded working with either of them, as he had said before, it would certainly make for a new experience.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Would you guys mind if I went with Byron instead? He's the only one doing mission 1 and I'd probably be a better help to him out there than I would to you guys inside a building. I'm better suited to long range combat than being inside anyway." Calvin asked Caspian and Stefan, wanting their opinions before he made a decision.

"That seems fine by me Calvin, I'm sure we can manage. I would offer my services to you Byron, but unfortunately I lack any long range weaponry and equipment, plus acquiring the computer is more along my sort of skill tree." He said in response, then leaned back against the wall, and waited for the missions to begin.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
"So before we start our interrogation I use violent methods.. Do you have any problem with those? I mean like waterboarding, breaking fingers, ripping out nails, and hammering nails under there finger nails, and my favorite electric torture. You know such kind of things."

Jacob interrupted his search on information for Brain Duran.

"Water torture would be best but it would take to long, we need him conscience and we need need him sane. Nothing to harmful, but he needs to be hurt, the customary beating would be best. I can always try a more...psychological approach".

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
"Seems good to me, Calvin. We stand more of a chance of completing all the tasks if we even out our forces. It's good to have it settled. Won't be long before Mantis sends us out now, I reckon."

"That seems fine by me Calvin, I'm sure we can manage. I would offer my services to you Byron, but unfortunately I lack any long range weaponry and equipment, plus acquiring the computer is more along my sort of skill tree."

"Okay then," Calvin turned back to Byron. "I guess I'll come with you then. As long as you're not too much of a lone wolf to have me that is." He was still a bit worried about getting recaptured but quickly banished such thoughts. Just be calm. As long as you're careful, you'll be fine, he told himself.

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
"Okay then," Calvin turned back to Byron. "I guess I'll come with you then. As long as you're not too much of a lone wolf to have me that is."

"Glad to. At least now I won't have to worry about getting shoot in the back. I hope." Byron was happy that he had someone to watch his back. He did not want to admit it but he did not feel particular sure about doing the mission alone. He could now concentrate on more important things.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"Water torture would be best but it would take to long, we need him conscience and we need need him sane. Nothing to harmful, but he needs to be hurt, the customary beating would be best. I can always try a more...psychological approach".

Jacob seemed to think for an few moments. "I also know an few very effective torture methods that don't do much damage. Such as keep shining bright light into their eyes while making them stay open. Or playing an annoying sounds the whole time sometimes changing it so they can't get used to it. Or that Chinese one with the water that keeps hitting you in the same place. I am serious after a few minutes off that, an drop of water feels like am hit with an sledgehammer."