Blade's Wesley Snipes Sentenced to Three Years in Prison

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Gudrests said:
Who will save us from the cullens now?....i think we need a new superhero...SOMEONE GET VAN HELSING

but yeah...shoulda filed them taxes....if thats one thing the govmt hates..its being cheated out of money
Hugh Jackman is boss

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
D'aww, got caught out by tax evasion? Should have taken lessons from the banking industry ;)

ENKC

May 3, 2010
Nothing worse than an unfair trail.

And as an accountant in Australia, this seems quite extreme. I know of one chap who had 26 years of tax returns he asked if he could do. This does of course beg the question, that if he was organised enough to keep records for 26 years, why not lodge a return during that time?

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Wicky_42 said:
D'aww, got caught out by tax evasion? Should have taken lessons from the banking industry ;)
Hahahahahaha.

You win the thread good sir!

OT: I remember hearing about this a few years ago when it all started. If memory serves, he also tried to use a fake passport to get around Africa.

Casimir_Effect

Aug 26, 2010
That's for Blade Trinity sucking!

More seriously, I doubt very much anyone will mess with him in prison. Pretty sure he could kill everyone using only his stare.

DevilSShadoW

Oct 29, 2009
What a cruel way to go... to jail
He should perform harakiri asap so he can at least die with honor (damn you taxman)

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
I had sympathy for the guy, once, before I read what sort of a crazy, crazy person he clearly is, on top of being a tax fraud and generally a criminal. He deserves at least three years in jail.

From Wikipedia -

On October 12, 2006, Wesley Snipes, Eddie Ray Kahn, and Douglas P. Rosile were charged with one count of conspiring to defraud the United States under 18 U.S.C. § 371 and one count of knowingly making or aiding and abetting the making of a false and fraudulent claim for payment against the United States, under 18 U.S.C. § 287 and 18 U.S.C. § 2. Snipes was also charged with six counts of willfully failing to file Federal income tax returns by their filing dates under 26 U.S.C. § 7203.[13] The conspiracy charge against Snipes included allegations that he filed a false amended return including a false tax refund claim of over US$4 million for the year 1996 and a false amended return including a false tax refund claim of over US$7.3 million for the year 1997. The government alleged that Snipes attempted to obtain fraudulent tax refunds using a tax protester theory called the "861 argument" (essentially, an argument that the domestic income of U.S. citizens and residents is not taxable). The indictment said Snipes used accountants who already had a history of filing false returns to obtain refund payments for their clients.[14] The government also charged that Snipes sent three worthless, fictitious "bills of exchange" to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the amounts of $1,000,000 (on November 30, 2000), $12,000,000 (January 18, 2001), and $1,000,000 (September 10, 2002), with each accompanied by an IRS tax payment voucher coupon.[15]

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
The greatest vampire hunter ever was defeated by taxes. I am sure the judge was a vampire.

FYI: Don't bother trying to change my opinion, either.

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
I guess this is...

Undisputed!

YEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

On a serious note, I admire this lad works, but a crime is a crime nevertheless.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
gamerguy473 said:
Just watch, in 2016 he'll get appointed as Treasury Director just like Mr. Gheithner
You mean just like half of Obama's cabinet (including Gheithner)?

OT: Thats pretty fucked up with the jurors already deciding he was guilty before the trial even started. Anywhere else in the U.S. (okay, well maybe everywhere except Las Vegas, Nevada) those jurors would have at least been removed from the trial and new jurors would have been brought in.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Canid117 said:
You're safe for now Cullen...
I'm afraid Alucard of Hellsing agreed to take care of all the daily runnings for Snipes while he's incarcerated..so, Cullen be fucked.