Blizzard Announces Blizzard Outcasts Fighting Game For April Fools

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Blizzard Announces Blizzard Outcasts Fighting Game For April Fools

Blizzard Outcasts is a fighting game featuring forgotten Blizzard universe characters.

Blizzard are known for its expertly crafted April Fools jokes, and this year is no different. For the worst day of the year to be a journalist, Blizzard has announced Blizzard Outcasts, a fighting game featuring forgotten, defeated, and outcast Blizzard universe characters. Mankirk's Wife, Deckard Cain, the Baneling and Gamon are among the heroes that you will be able to duke it out with, in the game that is totally real and will actually be released. "I have no idea why you would doubt us," said Blizzard in an official F.A.Q, [http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/outcasts/] "but yes, we are indeed making this game. For realsies."

Check out some screenshots for the fake game below:

[gallery=2284]

If Blizzard Outcasts was real, it would have featured a healthy amount of downloadable content and microtransactions, including the ability to pay money to guarantee a one-sided match. "For the right price, the Outcast Matchmaker will put you in the ring with an opponent who has zero chance against your skills."

It would have also come with its own, unique controller of completely, non-ergonmic design, featuring 32 buttons and a credit card slot, to make sure you can buy those game-winning microtransactions as fast as possible.

While only thirteen characters have been announced for the fake game, Blizzard considers "this roster only the first chapter in the Blizzard Outcasts heptalogy, with each subsequent release exploring a different facet of the rich pantheon of our games' unsung co-stars."

Blizzard Outcasts won't be released on on PC, Mac, and special order arcade cabinets this holiday season, although if it was, we'd totally buy it. If you'd like to read more about it, check out the official website [http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/outcasts/].

Source: Blizzard [http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/outcasts/]

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
The sad thing is that this would be fun a parody game. I'd pay a buck or so to play it.

I particularly like the Mankrik's wife character, and the one sided match microtransaction.

Edit:

"Q:Any plans to release this game on next generation consoles?

A: ...oh. That probably would have made more sense than arcade cabinets."

Awesome.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I was slightly afraid they were going to skip April Fools again like they, for all intents and purposes, already did last year.

But this is genius, I lost it at Mankirk's Wife. Surprised you can find her in the selection screen actually. No setbacks for Kael'thas either, lucky guy.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
I'm just impressed they pulled Dirt Devil out of the archives for this.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
good joke, always like the effort going into these, but it is a shame that Blizzard won't actually make this, or atleast a fighting game with more and proper characters. Would be awesome if you ask me.

mistwolf

Feb 1, 2008
I give this a solid second place on this years thankfully thin on the ground competition. Hard to top Google Maps Pokemon, since it is actually, for some definition of the word, playable.

Captcha's response to the rest of the efforts: Drawing board.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Who cares about Mankriks wife? The friggin' fuckin' Dirt Devil is there!

I'd pay just to beat someone up with this legendary car!

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
I particularly like how their "peripheral" takes themselves to task for microtransactions creeping into their game.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
FURY_007 said:
No Olaf, from The Lost Vikings, that would have been epic!
Clearly it means that the Lost Vikings will show up in blizzard dota!

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Treasure Goblin too annoying, plz nerf.
I would totally main battle cruiser though, just saying. But this entire thing is funny.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
I can assure you Kael'thas is alive and well in the fandom world.

But I gave a hearty chuckle at these, especially the Observer vs. Spirit Healer screenshot.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
I was slightly afraid they were going to skip April Fools again like they, for all intents and purposes, already did last year.

But this is genius, I lost it at Mankirk's Wife. Surprised you can find her in the selection screen actually. No setbacks for Kael'thas either, lucky guy.
Wasn't last year the year they replaced all three StarCraft 2 factions' workers with Warhounds? I remember chuckling at that.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Compatriot Block said:
Cowabungaa said:

Wasn't last year the year they replaced all three StarCraft 2 factions' workers with Warhounds? I remember chuckling at that.
Really? Maybe it's because I'm not into the Starcraft series, could be that they just skipped on the World of Warcraft one.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
The Gentleman said:
I particularly like how their "peripheral" takes themselves to task for microtransactions creeping into their game.
I laughed the hardest at that, mainly because I didn't think they'd ever actually make fun of themselves a little. My favorite fool's day microtransaction so far has been path of exile's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w19sqGjmNlY