Blizzard Crushes StarCraft 2 Cheaters

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
Maybe this means I'll actually win a 2vs2 for once!

Seriously, I'm so embarrassed of my record.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Mackheath said:
Blizz walks angrily down the 'Net,
With the God-Mode turned down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,
Banhammer ready to go
Are you ready, Are you ready for this
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat
Out of the comp the cheat code breaks
To the sound of the beat

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, they're gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust.

Y-eah, good on Blizz for pwning those cheats again.
That. Was. Fucking. Awesome.

Good job Blizzard. I don't play your games but I sure as hell respect you.

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
Douk said:
GG blizzard, now I can't use the excuse that they were cheating for losing so many times!

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Damn... Well, they were true to their word. Now all the need to do is sever their ties with Activision...
Holy crap a Dark Cloud 2 avatar! I thought I was the only one who played it!
Ive played it and still have it.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
I just checked the blog. A few people were complaining about "I just use a ___" Wow...Good for those cheaters even though I won't play that game. Good job Activision/Blizzard

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
They deserve it?

Im glad Blizzard stuck to their guns, and not only banned the cheaters, but banned them from playing Single Player.

Jerkasses like that deserve it. If you cant play well, either get better, or get a life. The point of a game is to have fun; cheating to get the upper hand isn't fun.

Its the old Pokemon Conundrum. Plug your GameShark in, get all the Pokemon, game instantly ceases to be fun.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
The only was this could have been better is if Blizzard had intervened in matches with a bearded man floating on a cloud and smote them.

DeadFOAM

Aug 7, 2010
Douk said:
GG blizzard, now I can't use the excuse that they were cheating for losing so many times!

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Damn... Well, they were true to their word. Now all the need to do is sever their ties with Activision...
Holy crap a Dark Cloud 2 avatar! I thought I was the only one who played it!
Dude, Dark Cloud 2 was epic! Unfortunately, my game ADD kicked in and I never finished it. I might have to grab my copy next time I'm home from college.

OT: Good job Blizzard! I don't play SC2 (or any RTS to be honest), but it's great to see a studio crack down.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Apparently, lifting off your command center and hiding it into a part of the map that is not accessible without air support is grounds for cheating. Now, I understand that this can be aggravating but Blizzard has to understand that they made this possible. Certain maps are host to a lot of blank areas which are not reachable by non-aerial units. You're basically asking people not to eat the most delicious food ever created even though you're putting it on the plate.

Now, I don't know if this is true or not but apparently cheating in the SP campaign is also grounds for a ban. If this is true then Blizzard is out of their goddamn fucking minds. I bought the game and I should have the ability to cheat in the Single Player campaign if I want to. I understand that this might give unfair points when it comes to achievements but seriously, fuck achievements. The way I play a game shouldn't be dictated to me by the company that made that game.

For the record, I wasn't an asshole with the command center and I barely even played the SP campaign. I just feel the need to rant whenever something that I find moronic parks in my alley.

Varchld

is drunk and disorderly.
Nov 8, 2008
It's a bit late, but I just heard about a lot of these people being banned is for using cheats in the single player campaign only.
Now taking away a $90 game from someone because they cheated in single player sounds a bit less deserving of congratulations to me.

http://www.cheathappens.com/article_blizzardbans.asp

That source might be a little bias, but their article doesn't seem so.