Blizzard Gives Thumbs-Up to World of StarCraft Mod

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
Haakong said:
Where's all the "Blizzard are EVIL!" posts now, huh? :D
First page of this thread mostly,
should be relatively easy to find.

You´re welcome.

Though personally, I choose to ascribe everything bad that happened to Activison and everything good that happened to Blizzard. Makes me feel slightly better about buying pretty much everything Blizzard ever made.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
Now they can divert some of their resources away from their super secret starcraft MMO project and get Diablo 3 finished already. ;)

But seriously, you gotta love Blizzard for this kind of stuff.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
the outsider said:
Smells like more of that PR BS stuff that keeps getting everywhere.
Me too. It read like it had a little too much sugar coating put on it.

Looks like they're going "Oh, shit, we look like a bunch of dicks now. Let's invite him over and redeem ourselves!"

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
blalien said:
Activision makes every effort to piss off their fans and Blizzard goes out of its way to please their fans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDrfHj3j398
Which means they can just get Acti to do the crap Blizz don't want to dirty their hands with.

I gotta say, the modder did pretty well out of this. A visit to Blizzard HQ and a potential job offer from Riot.
Supp said:
Or maybe Valve will do what Valve did with DotA and buy the guy out anyways.
Are you implying that DotA isn't successful?

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Just a word of caution, just a mix of two great games doesn't guarantee that it will create a another great game. This game has potential, but we must also be aware that It might just dry out.
So fan boys, don't get our hopes too high. I personally love Starcraft, Warcraft, and Wow. But I have also learned in the past that when there is a new idea, there is also a risk that it will fail.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Dammit its awesome to think that all the Dev&Publisher studios (Valve, Blizzard, Stardock) who are great to their customers are PC oriented ♥ Suck it Consoleers! XD

/trollface

But on a serious note, i look forward to playing that custom map \o/

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
...I have a funny feeling Blizzard didn't even know you could mod Starcraft *that* much.

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
That's great, and kudos to Blizzard for that, but if taking down the videos is "standard procedure", this reeks of a shoot first, ask questions later mentality that is incredibly pervasive in the mainstream games industry when it comes to any kind of modding. Maybe this is the Blizzard arm and the Activision arm of the company being at odds, I dunno. This just screams PR stunt to me, and the videos aren't back up yet.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
It seems to me like Activison were the ones to go crazy about it (as usual, Kotick is retarded asshole), and then Blizzard didn't want Activision dickheadness to affect his own relations with the community.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
HankMan said:
Sounds like someone's trying to make-up for not releasing StarCraft: Ghost. I hope this turns out to be a worthy replacement.
I was thinking the same thing! But an MMO will never make up for not making a stealth game (to me) =(

WittyInfidel

Aug 30, 2010
I'm surprised nobody has put it together yet.

Blizz has a yet-unnamed MMO in the works.
Blizz takes interest in fan-made Starcraft MMO.
Blizz invites the dev over for tea.

The up-and-coming MMO is a Starcraft based one. I'll eat my shoe if it is not.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
AngryMongoose said:
blalien said:
Activision makes every effort to piss off their fans and Blizzard goes out of its way to please their fans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDrfHj3j398
Which means they can just get Acti to do the crap Blizz don't want to dirty their hands with.

I gotta say, the modder did pretty well out of this. A visit to Blizzard HQ and a potential job offer from Riot.
We've seen that pattern several times now. It almost seems like Activision and Blizzard are playing Bad Cop / Good Cop with the fans.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
WittyInfidel said:
I'm surprised nobody has put it together yet.

Blizz has a yet-unnamed MMO in the works.
Blizz takes interest in fan-made Starcraft MMO.
Blizz invites the dev over for tea.

The up-and-coming MMO is a Starcraft based one. I'll eat my shoe if it is not.
Start eating. :p We've known Titan is new IP for a while now.