Blizzard Hints at Pandaren Expansion

Fusionxl

Oct 25, 2009
I don't honestly care either way, but "the race of sentient Pandas"?

There's no need to capitalize the "Panda" and even regular pandas are sentient. I think the word you are looking for is "sapience".

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Aeshi said:
I'm going to be calling bullshit if either become playable, since both the Pandaren and the Ethereals are neutral and have no reason to help either side.
Neither did the goblins.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I just got back into WoW, im a big fan of the art/story, but arnt Panda folk in Wakfu. I have not played it but I like its art, not that im saying theres no room for two panda races out there but then how can they copyright it?

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
PunkRex said:
I just got back into WoW, im a big fan of the art/story, but arnt Panda folk in Wakfu. I have not played it but I like its art, not that im saying theres no room for two panda races out there but then how can they copyright it?
Blizzard's Pandarans came first, back in Warcraft 3, so if anyone is being a copy cat, it's...

... who made Wakfu again?

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Aeshi said:
I'm going to be calling bullshit if either become playable, since both the Pandaren and the Ethereals are neutral and have no reason to help either side.
They had to pull some serious butt strings to make the Goblins on Horde make sense also.

And Blood Elves...

Dranei were a bit of a stretch.

Worgen might be the only one I get and even that one is hard.

Trust me, they'll slap Ethereals on Horde and Pandaren on Alliance and the story will be whacky as all hell. Because they refuse to do anything interesting when it comes to factions. Binary racism is so old and tiresome :/.

"We hate them!" "Why?" "BECAUSE!" "Ah. Sounds good."

SirBryghtside said:
Pandarens were awesome in WarCraft 3! *rants about how they made it an MMO* :p
Aeshi said:
So EVERYONE in their respective races is neutral? EVERYONE?

Is there some vital bit of logic I'm missing here?
Generally a faction is judged by the actions of its leadership. Even in the real world people tend to hate the US because of actions amongst a small group of people.

In Warcraft there is no discernable reason the Pandaren race or its leaders would join either faction.

Similarly there is no event past or present that would inspire the Ethereals to join forces.

The only Ethereals that have been met in game were either aggressive to both factions or neutral to both factions. Which in either case makes them neutrally observant seeing as their actions do not differentiate.

Pandarens mostly just seem to get drunk when they visit.

MajorDolphin said:
Wow... Blizz is getting desperate. Add a few more animal races and all the furries from SecondLife will swarm WoW.

Anyways, we've only been waiting since the game first opened its doors to play as the Murlocs. Three expansions later and we still can't play as MURLOCS. I've been waiting years to Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle! my way across the land. Wtf is wrong with Blizzard? Pandas? No one wants stinking pandas. We want bloody Murlocs!
Desperate to add content they made from 2002?

Also I agree no Murlocs has always been a great disappointment for me. They even have a group of friendly ones in Northrend that we could branch off from.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
If the Pandaren were ever to be made playable, they would have to be a cross-faction race. The world could simply not handle the amount of tears and righteous indignation if one faction was denied Pandas, and would tear asunder. The howls of the forsaken would bellow out across the globe, rending the fabric of our existence at the seams. Rivers of lava would boil up from the center of the earth, the seas would run red with blood, and the damned would rise from their eternal sleep to reap horrible vengeance on the living, should either the Horde or the Alliance be forced to choose.

Mike Luther

May 7, 2010
so Blizzard, it looks as though your subscriptions are down about 100,000. that's ok though, right? You still have 11+ million subscribers.

Blizzard: NO! RELEASE THE PANDAS!!

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
Aeshi said:
True, but look at what happened with Goblins.

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
Ethereals and Pandarens becoming playable might be interesting. However, another expansion being planned when this current one isn't even a year old yet? Cata was designed to bring new players into the game by revamping the old content, and to get to 85 (unless they grind Azeroth or BG's like crazy) they still need to play through the BC and WoTLK content. Geeze Blizzard, give us a chance to get caught up before you set the bar higher again, for God's sake!

Gerhardt

May 21, 2010
amnesia [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jQ36ixLeq8].

So Russian unoriginal idea [http://www.wowpedia.org/Draenei] they've ever had....

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
I can kinda picture the builds based off the Ultimate in Warcraft 3.

Earth for Tank, Storm for DPS, and Fire for PvP.
Gerhardt said:
So Russian Space Goats [http://www.wowpedia.org/Draenei]
Draenei never struck me as Russian. But...no I'm not going to say it. There is just a bunch of circumstances that point to that >_< No! It can't be Blizzard's nudge nudge wink wink.

>_> Don't Ask. I really don't want to bring up the facts that make me think what the Draenei really are.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I've always, always wanted to play a Pandaren in WoW. This should happened years ago. Too bad it wasn't in the days when gave a shit about WoW and could afford the original game plus 4 expansion packs.