Blizzard Removes "Avoid this Player" Option from Overwatch

Iwantstuff

Jun 20, 2013
What That Guy said. If you're really getting beat THAT badly, then the game's over in five minutes, tops. But if the game is lasting ten minutes, there's always chance (Unless they're purposefully toying with you, which I've never seen happen before). I've had game where I was defending the first point in Hollywood with less than a minute left, and then they just rolled through my team once and got the momentum to win.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Blizzard still refusing to make matchmaking that matches up people of similar skill levels huh?

Musou Sadie

May 19, 2016
Good, that was a highly racist and sexist function anyway, maybe even transphobic, but also islamophobic... oh well, the negatives outweight the positives (islamophobic) here.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Blizzard were actually on to something, but they just didn't realize it.

Not wanting people who just screw around or mess with you, on your own team, is perfectly reasonable and having a personal list of players that you won't get on your team, will work just fine, up until a limit that is a significant portion of the player base.

What Blizzard didn't see is that fighting people you don't like is super fun, since you can just mute them anyway and should be encouraged. Get those players extra motivated.

They should have kept the 50% that they got right.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
He is so good at the game that not even the top players want him...

Is that frequent in competitive multiplaying?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
saltyanon said:
Avoiding someone you know you can't beat is the obvious, logical thing to do. Anyone with half a brain would know that.
You could also "git gud". /s

Now, in a serious tone. If you keep encountering the same unbeatable player over and over, it's a problem with the matchmaking (or there are very few players online). The most constructive action is to report the issue.

saltyanon

Sep 18, 2013
CaitSeith said:
saltyanon said:
Avoiding someone you know you can't beat is the obvious, logical thing to do. Anyone with half a brain would know that.
You could also "git gud". /s

Now, in a serious tone. If you keep encountering the same unbeatable player over and over, it's a problem with the matchmaking (or there are very few players online). The most constructive action is to report the issue.
I can git gud and avoid who I want to avoid. I don't even understand how you people can't process that avoiding someone and getting better are not mutually exclusive.