Blizzard Stands By PC Gaming Despite "Unique Challenges"

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Kagim said:
Xzi said:
Pretty sure the PS3 will die with the PS4, the 360 will die with the 720, etc etc. :D
So will all the new components of your computer over time be replaced by newer ones :p
Ahhh... The circle of life... Erh, electronics...?

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Vitor Goncalves said:
Miumaru said:
Does Blizzard even make any console games? None I can think of. Also, even me, a console gamer who has a chip on shoulder against PC elitists, I am more than sure PC gaming will not die. Consoles are just becoming more like PCs. If PC "dies", it will be simply because gaming has gotten to a point where a console and PC are near identical.
Actually ironically at that point its the consoles who had died, because at that point Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft just turned into another Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba or even Apple. And dont forget all the other uses of a PC that consoles can't or are not commonly used for yet.
Yes, Microsoft will become a computer company...suuuuuuuuree...
wait?

Nothing is dying. Advancing is not dying.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
uppitycracker said:
Miumaru said:
Does Blizzard even make any console games? None I can think of. Also, even me, a console gamer who has a chip on shoulder against PC elitists, I am more than sure PC gaming will not die. Consoles are just becoming more like PCs. If PC "dies", it will be simply because gaming has gotten to a point where a console and PC are near identical.
its nice to see a console gamer with a head on his shoulders.

If anything, I think it's clear that PC gaming is the future. It might evolve a tad, but with all the talk of a no-console future, how do you think the consoles themselves are going to evolve? Basically into PC's. It's already happening. Look at the PS3. Where the playstation consoles used to be simple gaming consoles, and nothing more, the PS3 is integrating a ton of PC features along with it. From where I'm sitting, I think it's clear the direction these things are going, and to assume that PC gaming is something that is on it's way out is an absurd train of thought.
What I am expecting is similar to how phones are advancing into pocketknive-like (a tool for everything).

However things will go smoother if PC gamers stop acting stubborn, and console gamers stop acting (or being) ignorant. (Ofcourse, both sides also need to not assume all of one side is the bad way, I know Im trying not to think like that)

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Miumaru said:
uppitycracker said:
Miumaru said:
its nice to see a console gamer with a head on his shoulders.

If anything, I think it's clear that PC gaming is the future. It might evolve a tad, but with all the talk of a no-console future, how do you think the consoles themselves are going to evolve? Basically into PC's. It's already happening. Look at the PS3. Where the playstation consoles used to be simple gaming consoles, and nothing more, the PS3 is integrating a ton of PC features along with it. From where I'm sitting, I think it's clear the direction these things are going, and to assume that PC gaming is something that is on it's way out is an absurd train of thought.
What I am expecting is similar to how phones are advancing into pocketknive-like (a tool for everything).

However things will go smoother if PC gamers stop acting stubborn, and console gamers stop acting (or being) ignorant. (Ofcourse, both sides also need to not assume all of one side is the bad way, I know Im trying not to think like that)
yeah i totally agree with you, there really is no better platform, there's just preference. for me, PC works better, for others, console works better. the elitism on either side is kinda laughable.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Miumaru said:
Vitor Goncalves said:
Miumaru said:
Actually ironically at that point its the consoles who had died, because at that point Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft just turned into another Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba or even Apple. And dont forget all the other uses of a PC that consoles can't or are not commonly used for yet.
wait?

Microsoft is a software company for PC, not a hardware one, so you don't need to use your sarcasm. And evolution does bring extinction.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Vitor Goncalves said:
Miumaru said:
Vitor Goncalves said:
Miumaru said:
wait?

Microsoft is a software company for PC, not a hardware one, so you don't need to use your sarcasm. And evolution does bring extinction.
Excuse me for thinking computers and Microsoft.
And extinction how? Some bad things deserve to fade away through advancement. Ignorance is one thing I can think of.