Blizzard Unleashes Final, Jaw-Dropping StarCraft II Launch Trailer

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Makes me so glad I have ordered it! I cant wait to play it! Tuesday cannot come fast enough!!!

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
I actually squee'd. I haven't even finished Starcraft 1 and I squee'd.

Of course, we don't get it until next Friday because games Producers don't think Americans can handle getting games at the same time as the rest of the world, so I'll be sitting here on Tuesday, utterly fuming that everyone else is going on about how great it is...

FortheLegion

Dec 16, 2008
Awesome Trailer, it looks more like a movie trailer than a game trailer.
I would definitely go see that movie.

John Funk said:
So, I really, really wasn't intending on writing anything more about SC2 until the game was actually out, but then I saw this: Blizzard has been running a small viral promotion on the StarCraft II site asking gamers to join the Terran Dominion [http://us.starcraft2.com/dominion/], and every would-be commander that joined and took the "Which unit are you?" quiz added another tally to the pile.

Also i took that test it says I'm a ghost :D

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Never played a StarCraft game, never liked RTSes. I had no excitement for this game, but shamwow, that trailer is astounding. My jaw actually dropped.

Anonymous Overlord

Sep 21, 2009
Maybe if I cryogenically freeze myself I'll be able to get to one of the midnight launch events sooner. - John Funk

listen! Listen to me carefully! You need to be patient! I'm you in the future! You have to be patient and wait Starcraft II to come out, or else you'll wake up in the future and have to deal with a bunch of sea otters!

Rhino of Steel

Sep 29, 2008
John Funk said:
Maybe if I cryogenically freeze myself I'll be able to get to one of the midnight launch events [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102249-Blizzard-Spawns-More-StarCraft-II-Launch-Events-Worldwide] sooner.
Have we learned nothing from South Park?

I wonder if I can do a full playthrough of the campaigns before this comes out to get back up to speed. Only one way to find out.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
The Dominion test is really cool. Should have been a badge here on Escapist.

By the way I Got "Thor Pilot"

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Raptor Defence Engineer said:
Blizz's cinematics have always been very high quality. Even back in the Warcraft RTS days. Looks cool :p
Indeed. They could make movies with the artistic quality the pour into each of these cg vids, especially since Warcraft 3.

What a shame I just can't get excited about this. Of all the games I wanted more of, Starcraft was definitely near the top, second maybe to Deus Ex, Theif 2, or Fallout 2.

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
Woah, the hype-meter imploded just to explode afterwards :D

By the way, for those who don't know. This shows full CGI as well as in-engine cutscenes.

And those who wonder why they don't bring out a full CGI movie. Those CGI cinematics take forever to produce.
According to their cinematics team it took a frigging year until the WoW: The Burning Crusade trailer was completely finished. (Which doesn't mean that everyone of the team is working non stop on it but still, 1 year until completion... now you know why there won't be a CGI film).
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6zzaptMosU

Odoylerules360

We're all just folk now...
Aug 29, 2008
So it's gonna be, like, a knock-off of Warhammer 40K?

And it's real-time strategy, so that trailer is essentially meaningless.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Strange... It seems like with the new game they completely factored out what happened in Starcraft: Broodwar. Maybe they announced it, but I never noticed until just now.

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
...how much money would it really take for blizzards team of cinematic animators and writers to make a feature film...cause i really want to see that...a movie of any of their games would be epic!

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
Necrofudge said:
Strange... It seems like with the new game they completely factored out what happened in Starcraft: Broodwar. Maybe they announced it, but I never noticed until just now.
No, not really. The stuff in the bonus campaign will probably still be broached but its mostly something only Zeratule knows about- even Kerrigan was left out when Duran went rogue and started making his hybrids.