Blizzard: We're "Very Serious" About Diablo III On Consoles

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
bakan said:
Now it is clear why Diablo III has no movable camera and no mods...
Not quite. Moveable camera is an idea native to consoles that came across to the PC. In fact, it works better on consoles than on PC. Don't put that thing on consoles.
Really?
Can I be enlightened which game had movable camera and was top down on console first?
Not that I support the person you replied. His post was as absurd as yours.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
Vibhor said:
OutrageousEmu said:
bakan said:
Now it is clear why Diablo III has no movable camera and no mods...
Not quite. Moveable camera is an idea native to consoles that came across to the PC. In fact, it works better on consoles than on PC. Don't put that thing on consoles.
Really?
Can I be enlightened which game had movable camera and was top down on console first?
Not that I support the person you replied. His post was as absurd as yours.
Who said anything about top down?
Before you use the post button anytime more know this that the first FPS was on a PC.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Of course, they want that auction house money that's going to flow in with the good items in single player made extremely rare by the devs to drive up demand.

I wouldn't mind so much about this greed and nickle and diming shit if they charged 15-20 bucks for a game instead. Then it wouldn't be so hard to put up with single player game experience sucking and a constant online leash that won't let you play if your net is down.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
Nice, now we can spend the next couple months listening to "ZOMG WTF BLIZZARD! I wanted years for a new Diablos, and now it's getting dumb down for shitty consoles, I'm boycotting this game, who's with me!"

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Although i like the idea of the game coming to console's i still think this time around it's just another excuse for Blizz to make another money printing machine with their current monetary systems.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
.... This has made my day. YAY!!!! No more wondering if my pc will run it for me! :)

Shadow-Phoenix said:
Although i like the idea of the game coming to console's i still think this time around it's just another excuse for Blizz to make another money printing machine with their current monetary systems.
Well yeah but every game gets released with the hope that it'll turn into a massive moneymaker. I always thought Blizzard are pretty reasonable when it comes to that compared to everyone else.

ripdajacker

Code Monkey
Oct 25, 2009
They want a piece of the market because Torchlight managed to make basically the same gameplay work on the console.

Blizzard, like all other companies, likes money. Consoles are a huge market, and therefore give them a huge source of income which means they can spend a decade on their next game.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
It makes fiscal sense for them to do it. The console market dwarfs the PC gaming marking, unfortunately. They will make a killing, then maybe stop making PC games all together, which I wouldn't mind. I have had enough of 6 year release schedules, their own personal "gold" selling operation, and just about completely finished with companies that have always on DRM.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I saw many argument on this how it can't be done... which is so stupid, if any Blizzard game is perfect for the console market this is the one.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
vansau said:
Blizzard is officially looking to hire folks for a console port of Diablo III, but it won't officially announce a console version of the game.
Tag (fail)! You're it!

I am somehow even less excited about a console version of Diablo 3 than the PC version. That's pretty impressive, considering how they've already managed to completely kill all interest that I had in it at this point.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
twistedheat15 said:
Nice, now we can spend the next couple months listening to "ZOMG WTF BLIZZARD! I wanted years for a new Diablos, and now it's getting dumb down for shitty consoles, I'm boycotting this game, who's with me!"
Now, now no need to blow a gasket. Just because it's coming out on consoles doesn't mean it's getting dumb down. At worst we'll have to detail with less "shiny" graphics and a smaller button count. Which has worked for many hack and slash games that came out for the consoles before. What I'm worried about is if they try to bring over the "Always Connected to the Internet" bit for it. Not everyone has their consoles connected nowadays so that will put a damper on things. On the other hand I'm still not buying it for PC despite wanting to because I have a spotty connection and live in the boonies. I get most of my stuff from Amazon nowadays.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
No big supprize actually, seeing how the original game was on the playstation as well.

I don't see how this should hurt the PC version, since it gets ported form pc to console, and not the other way around, so no problems for me.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Sacred 2 did rather well on consoles so I dont see why D3 shouldn't work for both just as well.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
twistedheat15 said:
And yet they are going to buy it as soon as it comes out.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I expect this console version to require you to be constantly connected to Xbox Live or the playstation network and if at any point your connection drops you get booted out of the game.

Dec 27, 2010
teisjm said:
I don't see how this should hurt the PC version, since it gets ported form pc to console, and not the other way around, so no problems for me.
No, don't you understand, consoles ruin everything, and anyone who plays games on a console is a retard because... they are.

OT; TBH I don't really care. I generally make it my policy to buy multi-platform games on my console (PS3) in the event that buy the game and find my PC won't run it. Doubt I'll buy it on anything though.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
Vhite said:
twistedheat15 said:
And yet they are going to buy it as soon as it comes out.
Collectors ed. at that, already paid pre-ordered while they're still posting rants about it just for the sake of bitching.