Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
Vibhor said:
OutrageousEmu said:
Vibhor said:
OutrageousEmu said:
bakan said:
Now it is clear why Diablo III has no movable camera and no mods...
Not quite. Moveable camera is an idea native to consoles that came across to the PC. In fact, it works better on consoles than on PC. Don't put that thing on consoles.
Really?
Can I be enlightened which game had movable camera and was top down on console first?
Not that I support the person you replied. His post was as absurd as yours.
Who said anything about top down?
Before you use the post button anytime more know this that the first FPS was on a PC.
Movable first person perspective isn't really the same thing as movable camera. I'm talking the third person open 3d games of the fifth generation that hbad fully movable cameras.
There there.
The first polygonal 3rd person shooter was made for computers and then ported to sega CD. It was called slipheed and was made in 1986

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
SupahGamuh said:
Uhhh... yay for consoles?.

Don't hold your breath just yet, this is Blizzard we're talking about, even if the console version is real, it'd be ready "when it's done" and we all know what it means.
Hey, wanna play SC: Ghost while we wait?
Oh wait...

OP: Diablo is something that HAS to be on PC imo.
Kinda like SC or CC. The console versions were just really crappy =/

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
SgtFoley said:
Icehearted said:
This would explain their strong anti-modding policy.
The strong anti-modding policy has nothing to do with this and everything to do with the cash AH. They dont want people screwing with anything because it could unbalance their precious cash cow that the AH will be. Pretty much every single strange policy blizzard has announced for diablo 3 is all directly related to the cash AH.
I wasn't referring exclusively to stat modding. Absolute control over all content means multi-platform content uniformity.

DrWilhelm

May 5, 2009
That's great news for consoles, and is absolutely no reason for PC gamers to start bitching. And if you think Diablo 3 wouldn't work on consoles then you ought to play the Torchlight console port. I have, and I had no issues with it aside from it getting boring after a while, and that's a content variety issue rather than a porting one.

Please don't try to pin all your Diablo 3 bugbears onto consoles, it's nothing more than childish. Everything from requiring a constant online activation, to the lack of modding can be blamed on one thing: money. Specifically the piles of Auction House Moolah that Blizzard are busy staining their shirt fronts with drool over.

Yes, we all know PCs are the superior platform, but it really isn't a significant advantage. Some of us (yes I'm a PC gamer too) need to stop acting so smug and stop getting their frilly knickers in a twist everytime we're forced to share some of that delicious gaming pie.

DrWilhelm

May 5, 2009
Hammeroj said:
DrWilhelm said:
That's great news for consoles, and is absolutely no reason for PC gamers to start bitching. And if you think Diablo 3 wouldn't work on consoles then you ought to play the Torchlight console port. I have, and I had no issues with it aside from it getting boring after a while, and that's a content variety issue rather than a porting one.

Please don't try to pin all your Diablo 3 bugbears onto consoles, it's nothing more than childish. Everything from requiring a constant online activation, to the lack of modding can be blamed on one thing: money. Specifically the piles of Auction House Moolah that Blizzard are busy staining their shirt fronts with drool over.

Yes, we all know PCs are the superior platform, but it really isn't a significant advantage. Some of us (yes I'm a PC gamer too) need to stop acting so smug and stop getting their frilly knickers in a twist everytime we're forced to share some of that delicious gaming pie.
Noone says Diablo wouldn't work on a console, the same way noone says you can't eat soup with a knife. You can, but it's worse than eating with a spoon and there's no fucking reason to do it.

And please, stop it with the failed guilt tripping. It's almost like suddenly consoles didn't make up the largest part of the gaming market and had 90% development either exclusive to it or being done for consoles first and foremost. And yet, you don't see PC gamers in every thread whining about how they can't get to play Gran Turismo or God of War. There seems to be more common sense involved when a PC gamer speaks his mind, but maybe that's just me. It's always the console gamers wanting something that would be objectively worse on their platform of choice just to have it on their platform of choice.

Well, guess what, RTS games? Every single one of them ever released would work on a console. Hell, even Starcraft 2. It's not a matter of working or not, it's a matter of how well it would work, or at least of what could be gained (gameplay wise) to outweigh the detriments.
Again. Torchlight. I played it on the 360 and it works very well. I'm not talking about how well the game runs but rather how well the game functions as a game. Was it fun to play and were the controls frustrating. In the case of Torchlight the answers are respectively, yes and no. I also remember playing Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2 years back on the PS2 and having a barrel of fun. Point out to me how top down third person hack and slashers are objectively and significantly worse on consoles, because I keep coming up empty. Sure the game was probably better on PC but that's akin to saying a delicious blueberry muffin would probably be better if it had more blueberries. That may well be the case but it's still a delicious muffin.

On the subject of RTSs, the only reason you don't see more of them for consoles is because they are one of the very few game types that really require the precision of a mouse. That's about it.

And I really don't see any difference between the two sides of the PC versus console debate. I typically find that PC gamers have neither superior intelligence or logic. They're just the same as Console gamers; no better, no worse. Some of them may believe they're smarter, but that's just pretense and arrogance. I hesitate to even call it a debate. It's more like a pair of nerds getting into a slap fight over their favourite Star Trek Captain while everyone else looks on, baffled as to why it even matters so much. They have their favourite Captains as well, but they don't see what's served by starting a war over it.

I can't actually find any fault in PC gamers getting upset about certain games being exclusive to consoles. That would be a legitimate grievance. I should point out that God of War and Gran Turismo, being exclusive to only a single console, are terrible examples however, and it's hardly as if PCs don't get their own share of exclusives. Perhaps not a fair share, but a share nonetheless. But blaming Diablo 3's faults on consoles, and even worse, having a fit just because they get the game too? It's quite frankly pathetic. In the latter case, to hastily reanimate the pie metaphor from my last post, it's like being given a pie, but only wanting to eat half of it. Your brother comes along and asks if he can have the other half. Despite not wanting the other half, you decide he can't have it. How does it hurt PC gamers if Blizzard ports the game to consoles at some point? It's not like theres any evidence that Blizzard have deliberately dumbed down the PC version because of a port they may or may not make. Live and let live, for fucks sake.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Mid-end my rear. His rig is:

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 460 1 GB
Processor: Intel Qaud-Core Q6600

That's hardly a "mid-tier" computer, unless you feel like throwing down $1000 for the QX9600. And it lagged hard. That computer was $925. I have never had frame rate problems on my PS3.
What the fuck, he paid $925 for that?

The only reason you don't have any frame rate problems on your PS3 is because they cap all the games at 30 fps because it can't handle higher than that. Bayonetta is infamous on PS3 for having frame rate problems, but even a lower end card like the GTX 460 1 GB could probably run it at a consistent 60 fps at twice the resolution.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
I have become "less serious" about Diablo III as time goes by. It has fallen waaaaaay down on my list of games I'm looking forward to. The more they talk about it and reveal things they have cut out of it or added to it (no LAN, constant DRM, etc etc) the less interested in the game I become.

Rouzeki

Feb 11, 2009
... why do i keep reading these things!

well, I knew it. Blizzard had some form of special loop. why care about the PC gamers in the less sturdy internet zones if you can badger the console gamers for extra bucks. that'll easily leverage the stunt they're pulling with always-on DRM, and Drastically increase the amount of people on the RMAH. game sells like new creme crackers, ID whoops up a big game along with blizzard, hapless console gamer's buy a game they know little about, and the always- online crap will continue

*slow claps for 15 seconds* Bravo Blizzard, you've doomed us all in due time now.

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
Clive Howlitzer said:
I think Diablo 3 is slowly leaning towards the 'suck' end of the spectrum the more I hear about it. Especially if it follows the trend of Starcraft 2. Of course, this would have nothing to do with it being on console. Diablo was on the PSX.
Whats wrong with Starcraft 2 again? sorry i was busy playing the game everyday and noticing its a super extremely popular game and a growing E-Sport where corporations are coming up holding tournaments with prize pools of 50-100k

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Legion IV said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
I think Diablo 3 is slowly leaning towards the 'suck' end of the spectrum the more I hear about it. Especially if it follows the trend of Starcraft 2. Of course, this would have nothing to do with it being on console. Diablo was on the PSX.
Whats wrong with Starcraft 2 again? sorry i was busy playing the game everyday and noticing its a super extremely popular game and a growing E-Sport where corporations are coming up holding tournaments with prize pools of 50-100k
SC2 is a great game, but Blizzard hasn't been handling it the best way it could be (same with Diablo 3).

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Legion IV said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
What does any of that have to do with my personal enjoyment of the game, again? Oh right, nothing.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Hammeroj said:
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
For every PC game you can name, I can name a console game that would never work on anything but the highest tier gaming rigs. Bayonetta, any of the Dynasty games.
And that is why this forum needs a wall of shame. This statement would not have been true 4 years ago, let alone now.
*chuckles* Oh wow...such a patently untrue statement...
(*whispers* Psst! Don't tell him Devil May Cry 4 was ported to PC. It kind of undermines the hyperbole in his argument.)

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
I'm "Very Serious" about my disappointment in Diablo III.

WoW style cartoony graphics, and no offline singleplayer...and I'm having a hard time trying to think of PC-superior games that made a transition to consoles and -didn't- suffer for it in some way or another...a very hard time indeed.

Anywho, gonna go reply to that other topic I've got in a tab. Whoop whoop.

aescuder

Aug 24, 2010
As a PS3 owner this news is pretty exciting, although I think the timing is a little odd. Wish it came out at the same time as the PC version, or at most a month apart so people would have options. My laptop can prolly run D3 fine and I'm probably going to pre-order...Sooo by the time the (most probably inferior) console version is out everybody and their moms would probably be bored with D3.

I feel like Blizzard made console versions as a charity for the "bottom feeder console gamers" who can't afford (or don't know how to build) a good enough PC rig. No offense to anyone, I don't actually think that consoles players are inferior. I most definitely have been stuck in console land for a while, and was there for a good amount of time till I got my VAIO.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Come on people, this is obviously Blizzard trolling. I figured it out with the line "Trust me, it is a dream job." it sounds like "Keep dreaming" to me.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Considering I shifted from hardcore PC gamer to console gamer in the early 2000s, this is good knews.
My PC wasn't upgraded since...