BlizzCon '09: WoW: Cataclysm Worgen Hands-On

I am Spy

Dec 14, 2008
I've heard rumours of a Racial change feature coming around the same time as faction change. If this is the case then I shall have a level 80 Worgen Druid on release day to take into the new content. It'll make me sad to abandon levelling my Priest first for the first time in 2 expansions but hey, it's a Worgen.

Twilightruler

Jul 3, 2009
I find it hilarious that on the forum posted where they put all the rumors about the worgen and goblin playable races about 90% of the people on that forum were pissed and mentioning blizzard desecrating their own lore and "I'm glad I quit". While here, the same amount of people, if not more, are all saying "Oh my god I can't wait for this". Personally, I'm sticking with my original post in the other topic. This is crap, I'm glad I quit.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
GARROSH IS NOT MY WARCHIEF!

/reroll ally worgen mage

Everything looks kinda cool, but honestly, Garrosh? Warchief? Fuck that...

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
I am Spy said:
I've heard rumours of a Racial change feature coming around the same time as faction change. If this is the case then I shall have a level 80 Worgen Druid on release day to take into the new content. It'll make me sad to abandon levelling my Priest first for the first time in 2 expansions but hey, it's a Worgen.
From what I hear it'll be restrictive though. i.e won't be able to change to Worgen/Goblin for the first few months. I think they want everyone to experience the Goblin/Worgen starting zones and soak up the storyline surrounding them joining the factions, and their actions during the Cataclysmic event.

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
I'm gld they are changing the world in "Vanilla" WoW.
I was terrible bored raising characters levels through zones I knew exactly how to do. But now, I wont when they change it. Sadly I'm probably gonna have to wait another year.
But the worgen transformation idea. Seems totally awsome. But who in their right mind would change to a human when you can be essentially a werewolf?

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Twilightruler said:
I find it hilarious that on the forum posted where they put all the rumors about the worgen and goblin playable races about 90% of the people on that forum were pissed and mentioning blizzard desecrating their own lore and "I'm glad I quit". While here, the same amount of people, if not more, are all saying "Oh my god I can't wait for this". Personally, I'm sticking with my original post in the other topic. This is crap, I'm glad I quit.
How is this "desecrating their own lore"? It's their fucking story, they can do what they want with it!

Also, I'm making a Worgen Death Knight, because it'll look AWESOME. I've even rationalized it by making him a Gilnean(?) that tortured an Orc Necrolyte for the rituals to make a 1st generation Death Knight. He'll be going Frost/Unholy :p

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Twilightruler said:
Can I have your stuff?

I don't get how this is "desecrating" the lore at all. The Draenei retcon was "lorelol." This is moving things forward, having an evolving world, and actually changing stuff up for once.

kijo98

Jul 29, 2009
Rednog said:
Draco Kaiser said:
WHENTWOTRIBESGOTOWAR said:
Shame they have no racials.. Unlike those cheapskate goblins.
I really hate how the goblins have so many good racials. As a Worgen, I wouldn't do skinning cause it would be immoral and only a Rouge-imitate dash?
The worgen racials are so much better than the goblin ones, the goblin ones are really more of a convenience while worgen have actual combat uses.
well so do goblins they have a rocket that shoots out of their belt and also the worgen get good ones they can morph into humans and then back if they want to

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Fraeir said:
slipknot4 said:
FOR THE ALLIANCE! Finally a cool race, i am getting sick of my gnome warrior...
Don't judge me!
I hate you a little bit for that, but I'm gonna hug you for getting sick of it XD

As for the Worgen, I loved to heard a friend of mine in the 'States tell me how the Horde is bitching about the Alliance getting the awesome race for once, even after everyone and their dog has asked for Goblins as a playable race. XD

As for me, this expansion is testing my 2 year long WoW soberness.. Changing the world I grew so tired of seeing over and over (Though it was fucking awesome the first times I levelled up my old Humie Warrior), Deathwings return -and- the Worgen of Gilneas joining the Alliance, even in the -exact- way I predicted since before the Burning Crusade was released over two years ago!
Honestly I'm not complaining that the alliance get Worgen. Though awesome, the werewolf thing has been done lodes of times, and I could always make a Worgen if I wanted too.

crypt-creature

May 12, 2009
Twilightruler said:
You also have to look at Warcraft and World of Warcraft a bit differently.

By changing the lore in WoW, they are giving it a life of its own. They are making it real, in a sense. Things change in real life, why should a video game be any different? They are obviously going to have their reasons and will make them known in the next expansion release.
They have to change things in order to breathe new life into the game, much like the new Star Trek movie did.
I don't see why that is such a bad thing. It is their game after all, and their world. For it not to change like this would be a lot worse.

It gives the game far more character, and makes it seem like a slightly more 'realistic' universe.

Fireheart2007

May 24, 2009
I just want to get my Tauren's Rep up with the Goblins so I can be a Tauren in a Go-Kart. :D

Thank god I'm on a Non-PvP server. Incidentally, If it's possible, could u post a pic of the new World Map??