BlizzCon 2010: Blizzard Adding L4D, DotA to StarCraft 2

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Looks like Valve and Blizzard are crossing paths.

It's known now that Valve owns DotA and are in charge of Dota2 now that Icefrog works for them.
Not to mention L4D being put in.

So yeah, Blizzard + Valve = Earth Shattering Team Up

rileyrulesu

Jun 15, 2009
They already have SotIS, which is essentially dota, and very popular, also they have about 10000 versoins os zombie survival, but i bet they'd make it great.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
I would honestly have considered this an April Fool's prank (and a transparent one at that), were we not at the opposite end of the year.

Iron Chef is the bomb, provided its the original. I've no idea how a parody involving StarCraft could work, but I'm up for it.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
I really hope this comes with a major improvement to the custom game search tools. Otherwise looking up on the internet that these are called Aiur100244523345 and scrolling through 40 pages of maps trying to find them is going to take a lot of the point away.

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
I always thought that 'Left 2 Die' should have been the original title instead of 'Left 4 Dead 2'. Anyone with me on this?

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Anyone get the feeling that Bobby Kotick will come along and then say at the last second "Syke, they are actually all $60 games!"

(sigh)

Squigie

Nov 20, 2009
This sort of thing is not new for Blizzard, but this is the first time they've such a big deal of it. The Blood Elf campaign in WC3:TFT has a DotA style level and a bonus tower defense level, and before that there was the Tetris map released for Starcraft. DotA itself was based on a user made SC map.

dotamaster

Oct 24, 2010
Whoah. The Dota genre is finally getting some recognition.

Blizzard DOTA Presscon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n0_2EpbE3A

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
So Blizzard comes out and says that they disagree with Valve filing for the DotA trademark, but then turn around and make a tongue-in-cheek parody of Left 4 Dead?

What the fuck is going on here?

Wrann

Sep 22, 2009
I was at blizzcon just got home acctualy but I can assure you the Auir Chef announcer is very over the top and the rest of the games are quite fun.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Tom Phoenix said:
Hahahahah, I knew Blizzard would somehow respond to Valve's development of DotA 2. Left 2 Die, huh? :p
Left 2 Die gameplay have nothing to do with Left 4 dead. One is RTS style, one is Shooter.
Both involve zombies, that is for sure.

Left 2 Die is a Multiplayer version of the Starcraft 2 mission Outbreak. It is not a Shooter or anything.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
samus010 said:
I was at blizzcon just got home acctualy but I can assure you the Auir Chef announcer is very over the top and the rest of the games are quite fun.
How about Blizzard DotA?
I was watching the Art panel from stream, some models look nice.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Berethond said:
Wait a minute.

How do the Zealots eat if they don't have mouths???
They are cheif not the consumers I guess... But who do they cook for...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
SlainPwner666 said:
Huh. I wonder if Valve's sanctioned this, I'm sure they have. Left 2 Die is going to be interesting, probably a third person shooter with Zerglings holding the spot of common zombies, Ultralisks being tanks, so forth and so on.
Have you played Starcraft II? Because it can easily just use Infected Civilians and such as zombies.

Wrann

Sep 22, 2009
Exort said:
samus010 said:
How about Blizzard DotA?
I was watching the Art panel from stream, some models look nice.
Its a really fun game they use characters from there other games so its not just starcraft people. Though since it is new there are some balancing issues.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Nouw said:
SlainPwner666 said:
Huh. I wonder if Valve's sanctioned this, I'm sure they have. Left 2 Die is going to be interesting, probably a third person shooter with Zerglings holding the spot of common zombies, Ultralisks being tanks, so forth and so on.
Have you played Starcraft II? Because it can easily just use Infected Civilians and such as zombies.
Indeed I have. Infact, did a review on it not too long ago. But don't you think that with Blizzard repping up their editor as being able to create whole new games, it'd be a little anti climactic to just copy and paste stuff onto a map and call it DLC?

Left 2 Die has already been announced, and they say it'll have custom zerg, which can pounce [Hunter], vomit and explode [Boomer] and of course the badass unstoppable killing machine [Tank].