BlizzCon 2010: Blizzard Adding L4D, DotA to StarCraft 2

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
archvile93 said:
I also can't be the only one who thinks it's retarded to smoke in an enclosed helmet.
I think it is more retarded that you can see lazers in space. I guess it is called Fiction for a reason.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
SlainPwner666 said:
Huh. I wonder if Valve's sanctioned this, I'm sure they have. Left 2 Die is going to be interesting, probably a third person shooter with Zerglings holding the spot of common zombies, Ultralisks being tanks, so forth and so on.
Left 2 die is the starcraft2 Mission Outbreak for multiplayer.

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
Dendio said:
Doesnt blizzard own the rights to dota in some form?

It was created through their own warcraft 3 video game after all
Valve owns a copyright on DOTA so there's more than that going on. As for Blizzard owning DotA, HoN came out already and its almost an exact ripoff of DotA and that games still selling.

Anyways, if blizzard was that hung up about making all styles of games invented by them their own, Tower Defense maps wouldn't exist outside of blizzard. And yet...

Oh, as for how they're making heroes, I played an AoS (aeon of strife, the game DotA was based on from SC1) on battle.net and they were able to make heroes with skills--but there were no attack projectiles.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I like the news for all 4 games and I'm confident they'll be great.
My only concern is that Blizzard will see "Blizzard Dota" as a mini game and not a single entity. Therefore I fear that they won't be able to maintain and update the game as succesfully as other game companies who focus entirely on the Dota style (Hon, LoL, soon to be "Dota"2 and that crappy JRPG inspired one which is awful, but the campaigny stuff is alright).

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Oh ho ho, Blizzard. Cloning L4D as payback for Valve buying up DoTA? I see what you did there.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Old news, but two things occured to me here:

#1: Does anyone else find it ironic that the hand for L2D is making the Hawaiian peace symbol (or for some of you the "we worship the devil" devil horns... but it looks more like the Hawaain symbol).

#2: I am now wondering if there is any connection between that and Valve deciding they want to trademark DoTA. :p

Spectre4802

Oct 23, 2009
I, personally, cannot wait for Left2Die and Auir Chef.

The former for the team based gameplay and the latter for the sheer fun potential.

Therumancer said:
Old news, but two things occured to me here:

#1: Does anyone else find it ironic that the hand for L2D is making the Hawaiian peace symbol (or for some of you the "we worship the devil" devil horns... but it looks more like the Hawaain symbol).

#2: I am now wondering if there is any connection between that and Valve deciding they want to trademark DoTA. :p
Heh, quite likely.

Blizzard: "Hey, Valve! Try and trademark 'DotA', will you? Nggh!" *middle fingers and shows them the poster for Left2Die*

Valve: *after a long silence* "Oh, Blizzard. You have not heard the end of this."