Blizzcon 2018, Major announcments on Friday. Highlight being something new for Diablo.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
https://blizzcon.com/en-us/schedule#fri-nov-2

The highlight is a major announcement coming about the Diablo franchise, and there has been rumblings about Diablo developments earlier this year from what I remember.

As to the rest well its the obvious predictions:

World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth's first major patch, Tides of Vengence, to be officially revealed via a story trailer, and all the details of the content and updates associated with it.

New Hero, Arena, and/or Game mode for Overwatch, and perhaps a major cinematic trailer that comes with it. What are the odds Overwatch will include Battle Royale?

New Hero or Heroes and/or new Battleground for Heroes of the Storm. I am still hoping the new hero is Deathwing.

Another Hearthstone expansion pack or campaign pack.

Starcraft? I'd be surprised if they announce another Mission Pack like they did with Nova Ops or even include new units for Multiplayer that were exclusive to Singleplayer. Otherwise another Co-Op Hero.

And perhaps a new Activision game coming to Battle.net, Forever solidifying Battle.net to expaned into a store dedicated to Activision games. So no more of them on Steam.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
https://imgur.com/a/BF9vnYv

You can decide for yourself as to whether the 'leak' is legit or not, but if we're playing the predictions game:

Samtemdo8 said:
The highlight is a major announcement coming about the Diablo franchise, and there has been rumblings about Diablo developments earlier this year from what I remember.
I'm going to hedge my bets that there'll be Diablo II Remastered (or whatever it's called) and the untitled Diablo game being revealed. While it's all but confirmed that Diablo IV is being worked on, it's also all but been confirmed that it won't be shown at the event. Either way, I expect Blizz to hype the remaster and the spinoff.

World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth's first major patch, Tides of Vengence, to be officially revealed via a story trailer, and all the details of the content and updates associated with it.
Um...yay?

Either give me Warcraft IV, a remastered Warcraft III, or heck, re-releases of Warcraft I & II, then I might have something to talk about.

New Hero, Arena, and/or Game mode for Overwatch, and perhaps a major cinematic trailer that comes with it. What are the odds Overwatch will include Battle Royale?
Of those, I'm willing to bet we get a new hero and cinematic at the very least.

As for Battle Royale, that's iffy - based on comments on Kaplan, it's very unlikely that Overwatch will get a BR mode in the game itself. However, I could see Blizzard doing something similar to Hi-Rez with Paladins via Realm Royale; set in the same universe as Paladins, but is effectively a separate game.

Now, whether that's a good idea or not is another thing. It would make sense to set a BR game in the Overwatch setting (bar creating a new setting), but I'd see it coming out similar to HotS - gets an audience, but is secondary to the big dogs.

Besides, I'd rather have singleplayer Overwatch content thanks.

New Hero or Heroes and/or new Battleground for Heroes of the Storm. I am still hoping the new hero is Deathwing.
HotS is in a weird place right now - I was really surprised that Mal'Ganis was announced and released before BlizzCon, because what else is there to reveal? Based on the now slower rate of updates, probably not much.

I think the big hubbub about HotS will be a rework of its class system. I'm staking two new hero reveals and MAYBE a new map. But, since I can no longer play HotS since the last update made it incompatible with my PC's specs...yeah.

Bastards.

Another Hearthstone expansion pack or campaign pack.
Don't care.

Though the Hearthstone trailers are at least fun, if nothing else.

Starcraft? I'd be surprised if they announce another Mission Pack like they did with Nova Ops or even include new units for Multiplayer that were exclusive to Singleplayer. Otherwise another Co-Op Hero.
New multiplayer units? Yeah, no. Would mess up balance too much.

Mission pack? Much as I'd love to see one, I think there's a 50/50 chance of it being revealed, or we'll get a new co-op commander. On one hand, we got Tychus not too long ago. On the other, the slower pace of co-op development could be explained by working on a new mission pack.

Of the two, I think a new commander is more likely, but I'm holding out hope for a mission pack.

Also, might see the next war chest batch.

And perhaps a new Activision game coming to Battle.net, Forever solidifying Battle.net to expaned into a store dedicated to Activision games. So no more of them on Steam.
I doubt that'll happen. I mean, it could, but I doubt it.

TopazFusion

Dec 11, 2011
The most recent developer update said there wouldn't be a new map announced for Overwatch at Blizzcon.

Astute players will notice that we're due a new 2CP map (internally known as "Assault" maps), since we now have 5 of every map type, but there are only 4 of the 2CP maps.

The problem is, 2CP is a highly contentious and hugely unpopular game mode. To make matters worse, the last 2CP map added to the game (Horizon Lunar Colony) was so badly balanced that they had to go back and redesign large portions of it in a later patch.

So the smart money is on them making a whole new game mode, instead of adding yet another map to the 2CP disaster.

There have been voicelines datamined from the game's files of all the heroes (including the newest heroes) talking about "destroying" an objective. This has lead to many people predicting that they might add a new mode similar to Overload from Quake 3 Team Arena, or perhaps Onslaught/Warfare from Unreal Tournament.

Kerg3927

Jun 8, 2015
Hawki said:
Either give me Warcraft IV, a remastered Warcraft III, or heck, re-releases of Warcraft I & II, then I might have something to talk about.
100% this.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
I hope for a new Diablo game, not just a another overpriced class.
No Diablo 4 has basically confirmed. If anything they might announce some kind of Diablo 2 remaster, but that's pushing it.

Frankly I don't expect anything this Blizzcon, they have nothing to announce that we dont already know about. Which means this will be the SECOND Blizzcon in a row with no major game announcements. No Starcraft news, Overwatch might get a new hero (big fucking deal), No new Diablo game, No WoW expansion announcement (and frankly people are really pissed of about BFA right now so they have a lot of damage control to deal with)

I wish Activision never bought Blizzard. I know they swear that Activision doesn't affect their games, but I've watched Blizzard do nothing but go downhill since they got bought up. Shit stories, microtransactions that are more expensive than ANY other AAA developer, poor game design decisions, all since Activision took over.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
Well...you got it.

I just don't think it's what you were hoping for. It certainly wasn't for me.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Commanderfantasy said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
No Diablo 4 has basically confirmed. If anything they might announce some kind of Diablo 2 remaster, but that's pushing it.

Frankly I don't expect anything this Blizzcon, they have nothing to announce that we dont already know about. Which means this will be the SECOND Blizzcon in a row with no major game announcements. No Starcraft news, Overwatch might get a new hero (big fucking deal), No new Diablo game(just kidding?), No WoW expansion announcement (and frankly people are really pissed of about BFA right now so they have a lot of damage control to deal with)

I wish Activision never bought Blizzard. I know they swear that Activision doesn't affect their games, but I've watched Blizzard do nothing but go downhill since they got bought up. Shit stories, microtransactions that are more expensive than ANY other AAA developer, poor game design decisions, all since Activision took over.
So I hate being right, but I was right. I knew that Blizzard absolutely had nothing in their back pocket, no secret bombshell that would explode all over blizzcon like an amazing orgasm. Instead we got....what? A mobile game, and the same shit they always announce like more Hearthstone nonsense, a new overwatch hero (Another pretty lady), and a remaster of a 20 year old game because remasters are the BEST idea ever just ask Tod Howard.

Oh we didn't even get any new information about WoW Classic! I feel really bad for the people who spend 1000's of dollars going to Blizzcon this year. Even the musical show is gonna be a pile of crap.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Commanderfantasy said:
Commanderfantasy said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:

Frankly I don't expect anything this Blizzcon, they have nothing to announce that we dont already know about. Which means this will be the SECOND Blizzcon in a row with no major game announcements. No Starcraft news, Overwatch might get a new hero (big fucking deal), No new Diablo game(just kidding?), No WoW expansion announcement (and frankly people are really pissed of about BFA right now so they have a lot of damage control to deal with)

So I hate being right, but I was right. I knew that Blizzard absolutely had nothing in their back pocket, no secret bombshell that would explode all over blizzcon like an amazing orgasm. Instead we got....what? A mobile game, and the same shit they always announce like more Hearthstone nonsense, a new overwatch hero (Another pretty lady), and a remaster of a 20 year old game because remasters are the BEST idea ever just ask Tod Howard.

Oh we didn't even get any new information about WoW Classic! I feel really bad for the people who spend 1000's of dollars going to Blizzcon this year. Even the musical show is gonna be a pile of crap.
1. This remaster for Warcraft 3 is obviously not like Bioshock and Skyrim.

2. We did got news for Classic WOW. Game is coming out Summer 2019 and you can access and play while subbed in Live/Current WOW. So basically you can play both Live WOW and Classic WOW at the same time of your choosing.

3. And if you care about Live/Current WOW the new content updates and patches they announced are HUGE things for the WOW community.

Basically if your a Warcraft fan like me, this is the best Blizcon yet.

Everyone else for the other games ranges from "meh, predictable things" to "ABSOLUTELY LIVID!!!"

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
Y'know what would make it better? WARCRAFT IV!

But I will admit that seeing the remastered version of WC3...sniff. It looks so pretty...

Everyone else for the other games ranges from "meh, predictable things" to "ABSOLUTELY LIVID!!!"
Okay, I'm going to come out and say it...I really don't get the hate for Diablo Immortal (which I'm guessing is the "absolutely livid" part). I know that people treat mobile games as the spawn of the devil (ha ha), but that a mobile game was coming was no secret, and likewise, that Diablo IV (or whatever it's going to be called) wasn't going to be revealed, so, what exactly is the problem? I mean, if you were expecting D2 Remastered or something, sure, I get it, but as far as mobile games go, it looks like a cut above most, both in gameplay and in story (since it serves as an interquel between D2 and D3, whereas something like Command and Conquer: Rivals basically has no story, and what story it does have doesn't even sync with canon).

I mean, the Diablo fanbase has always been toxic since D3 (whether that's justified or not is up to you), but...sheesh.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Y'know what would make it better? WARCRAFT IV!

But I will admit that seeing the remastered version of WC3...sniff. It looks so pretty...

Okay, I'm going to come out and say it...I really don't get the hate for Diablo Immortal (which I'm guessing is the "absolutely livid" part). I know that people treat mobile games as the spawn of the devil (ha ha), but that a mobile game was coming was no secret, and likewise, that Diablo IV (or whatever it's going to be called) wasn't going to be revealed, so, what exactly is the problem? I mean, if you were expecting D2 Remastered or something, sure, I get it, but as far as mobile games go, it looks like a cut above most, both in gameplay and in story (since it serves as an interquel between D2 and D3, whereas something like Command and Conquer: Rivals basically has no story, and what story it does have doesn't even sync with canon).

I mean, the Diablo fanbase has always been toxic since D3 (whether that's justified or not is up to you), but...sheesh.
I am absolutely livid about this new original hero for Heroes of the Storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jguWUOA8yw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVoeUUeYehY

ex951753

Nov 11, 2010
Though I've pretty much given up on Diablo with that "Big Announcement" a tiny, fraction-of-a-percentage of me still hopes Blizzard can turn this around. They have done the impossible before and save Diablo III with the huge Legendary drop rate increase/Paragon&Torment System/Adventure mode update on a once declared dead game and brought it back to life.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
Why?

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'm a bit disappointed with the HoTS hero (but it's really no big deal) the big selling point of HoTS is that it's all the character from the various bliss game, but then they make an original character when there's still tons of interesting character to be added from there franchise (I still want my carrier blizzard!).

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Why?
Dude. You know me :p

You are talking to a guy that prefers this guy as a hero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4Y7ztznKc

Over this girl:

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:

Over this girl:

Yeah, except, Deathwing and Orphea aren't mutually exclusive, and there was never anything to suggest that Deathwing would be revealed, so...

I mean, I do get the idea - it pisses me off in HotS that they kept making up StarCraft characters (e.g. Morales, Blaze, Hammer, etc.) rather than using pre-existing characters, but unlike them, Orphea and Deathwing can co-exist. And yes, those above three made their way into SC2, but for Hammer especially, there was no reason to use her rather than Duke.

Meiam said:
(I still want my carrier blizzard!).
I think a carrier would work better as a calldown rather than a hero in of itself. Give it to Selendis or something (though arguably she's better suited for a mothership calldown).

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Over this girl:

Yeah, except, Deathwing and Orphea aren't mutually exclusive, and there was never anything to suggest that Deathwing would be revealed, so...

I mean, I do get the idea - it pisses me off in HotS that they kept making up StarCraft characters (e.g. Morales, Blaze, Hammer, etc.) rather than using pre-existing characters, but unlike them, Orphea and Deathwing can co-exist. And yes, those above three made their way into SC2, but for Hammer especially, there was no reason to use her rather than Duke.

Meiam said:
(I still want my carrier blizzard!).
I think a carrier would work better as a calldown rather than a hero in of itself. Give it to Selendis or something (though arguably she's better suited for a mothership calldown).
What characters in Starcraft were there that were a Siege Tank driver and a Medic?

Basically Hammer and Morales are basically "charcater" versions of those Starcraft units.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
What characters in Starcraft were there that were a Siege Tank driver and a Medic?
https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Medic#Known_Medics

https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Siege_tank#Commanders_and_Crewmen

Basically Hammer and Morales are basically "charcater" versions of those Starcraft units.
Which doesn't make it any less stupid. There's no reason to make up a character when plenty of pre-existing ones already exist, that already have relationships with pre-existing characters.

Substituting Duke for Hammer is the worst omission, but the others are still jarring. Even Warcraft suffers from this (e.g. Lunara rather than Mylune).

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
I am not sure who wanted Diablo 4 to be a phone game. Like literally, show me one person who asked for this and I'll apologize XD.