Blood bowl questions

dragsaw

Oct 16, 2011
So im playing Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition, as the lizard men, and i whant to know how i get xp for skills in an campaign compation etc, is there a way to bring a team made team in to one of them, and how can i get more colors (skin) for my guys, as i seen black, red saurus brown skink

edit found the more unit color, its a mod

dragsaw

Oct 16, 2011
Thanks mate =)bit of a hard game to learn, guess have to play more and work your stuff in =)

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
dragsaw said:
Thanks mate =)bit of a hard game to learn, guess have to play more and work your stuff in =)
Read the actual rulebook for it. I think a copy was placed on your computer during installation but you can download it for free anyway. The game doesn't explain much of the ins and outs of the rules and it will improve your playing immensely to know what is going on 'under the hood' as it were.

One of your team will also get a Most Valuable Player experience reward after a game but it's completely random who gets that.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Draech said:
Tallim said:
dragsaw said:
Read the actual rulebook for it. I think a copy was placed on your computer during installation but you can download it for free anyway. The game doesn't explain much of the ins and outs of the rules and it will improve your playing immensely to know what is going on 'under the hood' as it were.

One of your team will also get a Most Valuable Player experience reward after a game but it's completely random who gets that.
I found the rule book to be rather dry and finding a Youtube guide a lot better.
Whatever works :D It's a fantastic game but a bit obtuse to get into if you didn't play the original board game first. There are plenty of resources on the net for it though. BBtactics is a great site if you want to up your game once you learn the basics.

http://bbtactics.com/

NooNameLeft

Sep 15, 2009
I highly suggest you to watch videos by cKnoor, he does a lot of Blood Bowl and just made a beginners guide video.
http://www.youtube.com/user/cKnoor

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
XP is called Star Player Points (SPP) and are awarded as follows:

Completion 1 SPP
Casualty 2 SPP
Touchdown 3 SPP
MVP 5 SPP (Received by a random player of each team at the end of a match)

Edit: Interception 2 SPP

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Tallim said:
Whatever works :D It's a fantastic game but a bit obtuse to get into if you didn't play the original board game first. There are plenty of resources on the net for it though. BBtactics is a great site if you want to up your game once you learn the basics.

Is there a way to mod the game to remove the AI bonuses? The ones that give it a team value of several hundred points higher than yours? It's a very weird set up to something that is ostensibly a sports game, and I'm finding it incredibly irritating. I just played a Wood Elf team and almost every single one of their players had block, along with a huge list of other perks. They were bashier than my Chaos team.

I believe the words I used were "fuck this shit" when I turned the game off. This is one of the strangest AI crutches I've ever come across.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
Tallim said:

Is there a way to mod the game to remove the AI bonuses? The ones that give it a team value of several hundred points higher than yours? It's a very weird set up to something that is ostensibly a sports game, and I'm finding it incredibly irritating. I just played a Wood Elf team and almost every single one of their players had block, along with a huge list of other perks. They were bashier than my Chaos team.

I believe the words I used were "fuck this shit" when I turned the game off. This is one of the strangest AI crutches I've ever come across.
Not that I know of. The AI is useless anyway and it does really need those bonuses to put up even a slight defence.

dragsaw

Oct 16, 2011
new question, how the hell to i play with a mate? can not work it out at all, all so any way to keep a team long term in single/multiplayer?

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Bostur said:

Completion 1 SPP
Casualty 2 SPP
Touchdown 3 SPP
Interception 2SPP, or is it 1?
Also, injuries inflicted by the use of the "stab" skill award no SSP whatsoever, so you might avoid using that, OP.

Of course you can't really plan for those, but they do happen.

BloatedGuppy said:
It's always like that at start. Imagine, if you're playing the campaign, you've just gathered a ragtag bunch of misfits to stand against established teams, of course you're not going to play on even ground.

My solution? Fuck 'em up with inducements. Bribe the ref so you can gang up on a couple players and take them out. Get extra rerolls. And medics, definitely medics. Position your players for bonuses in blocks. It comes as you play, you see what works and what doesn't.

And before you know it, you'll be playing against a halfling team that will be left with jack all on the field by the end of the game. Payback feels so good in that game.

I play Dark Elves myself, and I do not use assassins (because of the aforementioned stab skill), but one of my Witches is a really, really mean bruiser. The other is my touchdown queen.

Oh and for the love of all that's (un)holy, don't take Hail Mary as a skill too soon, it can really fuck up your game if you're new.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Vegosiux said:
Oh and for the love of all that's (un)holy, don't take Hail Mary as a skill too soon, it can really fuck up your game if you're new.
Isn't that just the system where it automatically uses all of your skills unless you go into the options and turn them off? Or is that different?

It's the advice that I always give for the Blood Bowl game; make sure you go into the settings and change those, because there are some skills that aren't always useful to use, and some that actually put you at a disadvantage if you automatically use them (like Pile On).

Tenmar said:
Alright, who else actually became interested in Blood bowl because of the TGS blood bowl tournament? I didn't even know a game that uses the sports genre could be fun for a guy like me.

I mean last time I had fun with sports game was like Soccer or 10 Yard fight for the NES. Hell Punch-out for the Wii or NES isn't really boxing but more like a glorified version of Simon(and I do love me some Simon).

EDIT: Wish the game was on sale though.
I reinstalled it because of that tournament, actually. I went from Dark Elves to Nurgle, which was quite a change.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Vegosiux said:
It's always like that at start. Imagine, if you're playing the campaign, you've just gathered a ragtag bunch of misfits to stand against established teams, of course you're not going to play on even ground.

My solution? Fuck 'em up with inducements. Bribe the ref so you can gang up on a couple players and take them out. Get extra rerolls. And medics, definitely medics. Position your players for bonuses in blocks. It comes as you play, you see what works and what doesn't.
That is pretty much EXACTLY what I did. I bought a lot of bribes, and spent all my time trying to injure teams. Which...went really well, actually, as I drew Skaven three times and Dark Elves twice in my first five games. It was a blood bath! My Minotaur Blitzer is already level 3. I took "Claw" and "+1 STR" for him. I've been giving the Chaos Knights and BM Block, save for one, to whom I gave Sure Hands.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Vegosiux said:
Bostur said:

Completion 1 SPP
Casualty 2 SPP
Touchdown 3 SPP
Interception 2SPP, or is it 1?
Also, injuries inflicted by the use of the "stab" skill award no SSP whatsoever, so you might avoid using that, OP.

Of course you can't really plan for those, but they do happen.
Oh I forgot about interceptions, thank you. Yeah I think you are right that it's 2 SPPs

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
1-Choose Halflings
2-Try to bruise all of the opposing team
3-???
4-???

A tactics that no one will see it coming (Because it's a very stupid one, but that's a mere detail)