Bloodborne hype thread

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Bombiz said:
As good as this boodborn looks I won't be getting(even though I got a ps3 for demon's souls) because I don't want to spend $570 on a ps4 and $70 on the game its self for a grand total of $640.
I'll pick it up in a year or 2 when the price eventually drops down. 640 is just too much right now.
Where are you getting those numbers from? I am looking at Gamestop's website right now and it lists the 500GB Last of Us bundle at $399. With Bloodborne at $59 plus 7% sales tax (which is what it is in my area) it comes out to $492 total. Is it super marked up in Canada?

Btw, anyone who wants to play when it comes out feel free to add me on PSN: Valarasha

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Less than a week away baby! My friend is scrambling to finish Dark Souls II before this comes out, but I am counting the days. I've actually been fighting the urge to put in one of the many, many other new games I haven't started yet because I know that once Bloodborne is out, that's it. Nothing else until that game is done. Bring it on!

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
I'd be hyped if it weren't a console exclusive. As it stands, the only console I'm looking to get is a Wii U, since with rare exceptions like this, the other two don't have enough games that I want that I can't also get on PC.

I'd like to play this game, but not enough to spend $400 on it.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
Fappy said:
Bombiz said:
As good as this boodborn looks I won't be getting(even though I got a ps3 for demon's souls) because I don't want to spend $570 on a ps4 and $70 on the game its self for a grand total of $640.
I'll pick it up in a year or 2 when the price eventually drops down. 640 is just too much right now.
Where are you getting those numbers from? I am looking at Gamestop's website right now and it lists the 500GB Last of Us bundle at $399. With Bloodborne at $59 plus 7% sales tax (which is what it is in my area) it comes out to $492 total. Is it super marked up in Canada?

Btw, anyone who wants to play when it comes out feel free to add me on PSN: Valarasha
Dirty Hipsters said:
Bombiz said:
Geez, where do you live?

In the US a PS4 is $400 or less.
Canadian Dollar isn't what it use to be. plus I'm in Quebec so it's worse.

on top of that the Xbox One is cheaper.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Bombiz said:
Fappy said:
Bombiz said:

Dirty Hipsters said:
Bombiz said:
Geez, where do you live?

That's quite unfortunate. I'd probably be pretty hesitant as well if I had to drop roughly $700 for the console, game, and PS+ subscription.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
Bombiz said:
Fappy said:
Bombiz said:

Dirty Hipsters said:
Bombiz said:
Geez, where do you live?

That's quite unfortunate. I'd probably be pretty hesitant as well if I had to drop roughly $700 for the console, game, and PS+ subscription.
I actually didn't factor in the PS+ subscription.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Bombiz said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Bombiz said:
Fappy said:
Bombiz said:

Dirty Hipsters said:
Bombiz said:
Geez, where do you live?

I actually didn't factor in the PS+ subscription.
I noticed, that's why I factored it in for you. I mean, it's not a necessity (I played all of Dark Souls 1 and 2 offline the first time I played through them) but it does remove some of the functionality for the game, and if you were buying a new console specifically to play this game then my guess is you'd want all of the features available to you.

Rhythm

Sep 17, 2008
Mutant1988 said:
I don't know why FROM keeps insisting on making the invasion mechanic mandatory. I don't like PVP. That is the one thing that has killed my interest in the series, past the first two Souls games (Demon and Dark).

I would love the game - Had it not been for that.

Edit -

I want to play co-op. So going offline doesn't really help me. The appeal of the Souls games to be is not the intense difficulty, as much as it's the responsive controls, satisfying and extremely well designed combat (My impression of the "cheap" difficulty is that it mostly depend on the level design - Dead corners, pitfalls, or just not knowing where to go to avoid hazards) and fascinating mythology.
So much this.

It's been on my radar for a while now and I really like the look of it but I HATE PvP. I detest it, can't stand it. I freely admit it's mainly due to the fact I'm rubbish at it and I don't like the idea of getting invaded and losing 9 out of 10 fights. Co-op on the other hand is my ambrosia. I can't get enough of it. If a game has Co-op I'll pick that over single player whenever possible.

I just wish they would put a darn PvP toggle on there. If it's your thing you can pop it on and enjoy the thrill of potentially being invaded, but for me it's enough of a turn off to warrant me not buying it. I just don't like the idea of playing well for 15-20 minutes to get invaded and chopped to pieces by someone in full PvP gear & spec and losing all my progress :/

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Between this and Arkham Knight later down the line I'm seriously considering buying a PS4. I was thinking of building a PC, but it's much more expensive and there's so much hassle about building it. It would seem that there are slowly getting to be enough games on the current gen systems to warrant a purchase: Shadow of Mordor, Alien: Isolation, AC: Black Flag, Bloodborne, Arkham Knight, The Last of Us Remastered (hell, I've played it twice already on PS3 but it's so good I might buy it just for the remastered graphics and Left Behind) and Uncharted 4 sometime in the future. I just think it might be wiser to wait for a sturdier hard drive, as the average install sizes for games on PS4 seem astronomically massive. 48 Gb install on a console? Get the fuck out of here.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Phoenixmgs said:
LostCrusader said:
If you are curious about how some of the new mechanics are going to work, this might be worth a look.

I already preordered it and I'm counting the days. How can you not look forward to killing monsters with a cane/whip?!
That video was pretty fucking awesome and I don't even like the Souls games, so fucking overrated. I'm glad From is actually trying to make a game difficult this time. I only played Dark Souls but that game was easier than stuff like Uncharted and Tomb Raider. The only skill needed to beat Dark Souls was patience and being cautious, I got through whole dungeons (including the boss) on my 1st try; I got through Sen's Fortress not falling for a single trap, they all were so obvious. Extra Credits even made a video explaining how Dark Souls can be easy. I'm glad Bloodborne is going to be a skill-based difficulty and a lot people that think they're actually good at these type of games are going to get their butts handed to them just like the guy in the video said because you don't have that huge safety net that's called blocking. Knowing From, there's probably going some cheap combinations that make the game pretty easy because they aren't very good at balancing things. I actually went from mild interest into probably picking it up on release day.
The difficulty in the Souls games has always been pretty overblown and not at all what the appeal of them is to me. Most people think it's an endless barrage of cheap deaths, whereas as you said, it's more about caution and observation. However, unlike you, I actually really enoyed DS and it deserves all the credit it gets (but not for the reasons it's most famous for).

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
I'd love to get hyped for this game but I'm a PC gamer and would have to buy a PS4 just for this game. 460? for one game is a bit excessive so I'm giving it a pass. I also hate controllers with passion sooooo.... Maybe if there are more PS4 exclusives I might consider this although I hardly doubt it. So far the only console exclusive games that interest me are Bloodborne, Bayonetta 1 + 2 and Demons Souls.

Guess I'll only be watching streams of it while hoping that their next title will be cross-platform again.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
bartholen said:
Between this and Arkham Knight later down the line I'm seriously considering buying a PS4. I was thinking of building a PC, but it's much more expensive and there's so much hassle about building it. It would seem that there are slowly getting to be enough games on the current gen systems to warrant a purchase: Shadow of Mordor, Alien: Isolation, AC: Black Flag, Bloodborne, Arkham Knight, The Last of Us Remastered (hell, I've played it twice already on PS3 but it's so good I might buy it just for the remastered graphics and Left Behind) and Uncharted 4 sometime in the future. I just think it might be wiser to wait for a sturdier hard drive, as the average install sizes for games on PS4 seem astronomically massive. 48 Gb install on a console? Get the fuck out of here.
Can't you put a third party HDD in there the way you could with the PS3?

Then again, I guess if you think that building a PC is a hassle then you probably wouldn't want to mess around with modding a console.

Personally I'll be buying a new PC in another couple of months, and I'll probably build it myself to the tune of roughly $1500-$1800. I just like having both a console or two and a nice PC. I'm not a huge graphics snob and there are some games that I just enjoy playing more on consoles.

Anyway, PS4 purchase comes first. I still have a working PC and I need dat Bloodborne.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
jhoroz said:
The difficulty in the Souls games has always been pretty overblown and not at all what the appeal of them is to me. Most people think it's an endless barrage of cheap deaths, whereas as you said, it's more about caution and observation. However, unlike you, I actually really enoyed DS and it deserves all the credit it gets (but not for the reasons it's most famous for).
I was mainly disappointed by how simplistic the combat was as I heard it was so good. You can use the same strategy against every enemy barring the occasional boss. It was literally just about playing it safe and managing your health. I was also disappointed by major flaws that shouldn't have even made it out of the conceptual stage like a main attribute literally doing nothing, and Dark Souls was the 2nd game, not even their first game of that ilk. Simple stuff like strafing and using a bow and arrow breaks the game. I did dig the atmosphere and level design but that was really it.

The one thing that worries me about Bloodborne is its length. Can the combat system stay fresh being 40 hours long? With Dark Souls you really don't get new abilities/skills/etc., your stats mainly go up and that's about it. Even with weapons, it was about using the same weapon and just upgrading its stats. The combat in that game never evolved as the game went on.

Dirty Hipsters said:
Personally I'll be buying a new PC in another couple of months, and I'll probably build it myself to the tune of roughly $1500-$1800.
Are you buying a PC with that new $1,000 Nvidia card or what? You can buy like 3 gaming PCs for that price.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Phoenixmgs said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Personally I'll be buying a new PC in another couple of months, and I'll probably build it myself to the tune of roughly $1500-$1800.
Are you buying a PC with that new $1,000 Nvidia card or what? You can buy like 3 gaming PCs for that price.
You can get three mediocre gaming PCs for that price that'll play everything on medium settings or lower. If that's good enough for you then cool. I've been using a $650 laptop to PC game for the last 4 years. It's incredible how well it's managed to keep up but now that I'm upgrading I want it to be one hell of an upgrade.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
A Soulslike(?) designed more around my preferred playstyle, sort of gothic victorian inspired setting, werewolves and on top of all that I won't have to lay my eyes on that stupid god awful Havel set yet again?

It's... It's so beautiful!

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
Phoenixmgs said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
You can get three mediocre gaming PCs for that price that'll play everything on medium settings or lower. If that's good enough for you then cool. I've been using a $650 laptop to PC game for the last 4 years. It's incredible how well it's managed to keep up but now that I'm upgrading I want it to be one hell of an upgrade.
With say a $200 CPU and $200 video card, you can have a beast of a machine. The rest of the parts like HD, power supply, and such are all pretty cheap. I can't see going over say $750 on a desktop unless you want the newest and greatest.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Phoenixmgs said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Phoenixmgs said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
With say a $200 CPU and $200 video card, you can have a beast of a machine. The rest of the parts like HD, power supply, and such are all pretty cheap. I can't see going over say $750 on a desktop unless you want the newest and greatest.
The build I'm going for is going to be 2 video card compatible. I want to get a high end video card now, use it by itself for a year and then once it starts getting old and not giving me the performance I need I'm going to get a second one (at a much cheaper price) and use two video cards simultaneously. This requires a bit more upfront investment though, I need a motherboard that's compatible for it, a good power supply that will be able to handle the extra power consumption (which is surprisingly significant), and a really good cooling system for the extra heat. All of that drives up the price quite a bit.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I can't wait to play it when I pick it on Tuesday, but I won't be able to play it until the next day since I'm gonna be busy the whole day. :/

Not really quite sure how the co-op will be like, and I don't know if I wanna do it for this. Doesn't mean I won't give it a whirl since I might actually come to like it.

The atmosphere and the enemies look fucking awesome, and I can't wait to see what horrors I'll get to be killed by. :D

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I can't wait to play it when I pick it on Tuesday, but I won't be able to play it until the next day since I'm gonna be busy the whole day. :/

Not really quite sure how the co-op will be like, and I don't know if I wanna do it for this. Doesn't mean I won't give it a whirl since I might actually come to like it.

The atmosphere and the enemies look fucking awesome, and I can't wait to see what horrors I'll get to be killed by. :D
You better play with me, Fiz!

I will probably be recording a lot of MP for my review :p

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Fappy said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

You better play with me, Fiz!

I will probably be recording a lot of MP for my review :p
Well shit, I better stop being lazy and get a mic then!

Plus, you will be seeing a lot of my character death since I kinda suck at the Souls games, and this one probably won't be the exception. :p