Borderlands 2 Review

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Borderlands 2 Review

Borderlands 2 is exactly what series fans want: just more Borderlands.

Read Full Article

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Looks pretty sweet. I wonder how well the assassin class handles in the game. I hope that mechromancer as i think its called gets added in later dlc as opposed to the pre-order only

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
twaddle said:
Looks pretty sweet. I wonder how well the assassin class handles in the game. I hope that mechromancer as i think its called gets added in later dlc as opposed to the pre-order only
The Mechromancer will be downloadable when available for 800 MS points or 1000 PSN points later on. So $10.

OT: I'm only a few hours into Borderlands 2, and I can already say this review is fairly accurate. It's worth pointing out that Borderlands is a multiplayer experience - sure it's okay to play on your own, but if you don't bring friends, you're kind of missing the point. People seeking a solid story will get bored, while people seeking frantic action will be enthralled.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
You get the Mechromancer for free if you pre-order the game.
Which you can still do in the EU, since it won't be released until the 21st.
A fact that drives me apeshit. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGHGERHERGHERGHAFS

daibakuha

Aug 27, 2012
I never really liked the first game, in part because of it's less than stellar PC port (which it appears to have fixed in this sequel), but I don't think this type of gameplay lends itself that well to this style of game.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Knew it would be awesome!

Getting this on Thursday afternoon and then playing it all weekend plus Friday.

Mar 30, 2010
Gotta wait until the end of the week for this to ship to Europe. I'm really hyped to get to playing it, and various members of my online clan have already staked their claim in our online co-op campaign so it's gonna be a blast when it comes out.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
ExtraDebit said:
After the transformers review I'm not sure I trust this reviewer anymore.
No reviewer will be in sync with your own tastes 100% of the time. Personally its simple, if you like BL1 you'll like BL2 even more because it just expands on everything people loved about BL1

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I can't agree with this review more. I'm loving Borderlands 2 but in the end, it's just more of the same. The difference is the same is 'better' and more polished, if you understand me.

The bottom line is if you liked the first one, you'll probably like this one even more.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Denamic said:
You get the Mechromancer for free if you pre-order the game.
Which you can still do in the EU, since it won't be released until the 21st.
A fact that drives me apeshit. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGHGERHERGHERGHAFS
You and me both.

Why the fuck do I have to wait 3 more days when I already have it downloaded! ARGH!

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I don't remember the first Borderlands being a very funny game. Mostly just incurably insane, terrifyingly sadistic, and sometimes just downright depressing. I mean, sure, Claptraps are quirky, but does anyone remember that guy with one leg who got tortured by bandits before he was hung to the ceiling fan? I liked that guy, and I remember him sounding incredibly lonely on the last quest I did for him.

Ah well, good to hear the sequel's worth picking up, I'll most likely be buying it on my next trip to GameStop.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Daaaah Whoosh said:
I don't remember the first Borderlands being a very funny game. Mostly just incurably insane, terrifyingly sadistic, and sometimes just downright depressing. I mean, sure, Claptraps are quirky, but does anyone remember that guy with one leg who got tortured by bandits before he was hung to the ceiling fan? I liked that guy, and I remember him sounding incredibly lonely on the last quest I did for him.

Ah well, good to hear the sequel's worth picking up, I'll most likely be buying it on my next trip to GameStop.
claptrap doesn't annoy you nearly as much in BL2 as he did in 1. Also the main villan has more of a GLADOS approach and it works quite well. I think the humor is more refined and less obnoxious.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
I hated my first vault visit, so I'm just going to go ahead and pass, also, Escapist Reviews going down in my totem of trusted game reviewers. :|

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
The only real bother I have is that respawning takes so goddamn long after you bleed out, yes it's a cool effect, but it's like the respawn in Too Human almost.

That said I love the game, and me and my four man squad are loving tearing the local populace to shreds.

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
I am loving this game so much. I am having a hard time going to bed even though there is an exam tommorow. I did manage to seperate myself from it.

I haven't had this much fun in the entire year I am so in love with this game.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I enjoyed Borderlands 1, but I just got so incredibly bored with it. I was hoping the story would be better to make it more compelling, but it looks like it's a just maybe scenario. Just maybe things will push me further in the game, and just maybe the refined combat/loot system will hook me for a bit longer? Probably not something I will love, but I'm looking forward to giving it a spin. Just maybe it'll surprise me? c:

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Inkidu said:
I hated my first vault visit, so I'm just going to go ahead and pass, also, Escapist Reviews going down in my totem of trusted game reviewers. :|
Why? It sounds like they told you precisely what you needed to know, and you were able to draw conclusions accordingly.

Jan 13, 2012
Goofguy said:
The bottom line is if you liked the first one, you'll probably like this one even more.
And if we hated the first one, what would it be like for us people?

Anyway, from all the previews it seems to have gotten ridden of all the shit I hated from the first one. I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow :D

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Inkidu said:
How? He said if you liked the first one, you would like this one. It's the first one, but polished and improved upon. If you didn't, you won't.

How is that a bad review? It seems a lot like you're just complaining that the reviewer doesn't share your taste in games.

Because...y'know, the legion of fans the game has and many other positive reviews are all also wrong. This game is terrible and you're right.