Borderlands Creative Director Brings Anthony Saves the World to The Escapist

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
Gearbox has writers?

I kid, I kid! This sounds mightily interesting. I shall be eagerly awaiting its premiere.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
And if I recall, it has a main theme (or incidental music?) by Danny Baranowsky, the man behind the Super Meat Boy soundtrack! Which is awesometastic in itself! :D

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Brainst0rm said:
Gearbox has writers?

I kid, I kid! This sounds mightily interesting. I shall be eagerly awaiting its premiere.
they at least did for the armory of general knoxx, that shit had some hilarious dialog

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
Worgen said:
Brainst0rm said:
Gearbox has writers?

they at least did for the armory of general knoxx, that shit had some hilarious dialog
Borderlands did have some funny moments. It's just still unsettling to me that a game can slip out the studio doors with such a poorly constructed story. I'm NOT saying that it needed more story, or that it's a failure for not being a different kind of game. It just has a profoundly unsatisfying ending, which doesn't work for an obvious reason. We DON'T get to kill the bad guy who's been niggling us all game. There's just no way around that. Silly Gearbox.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Hopefully they'll enjoy the escape from the cesspool that is the gametrailers community.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
I checked this out a while back. It was alright methinks, though I much prefer HAWP, which makes me laugh out loud in nearly every episode.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Worgen said:
Brainst0rm said:
Gearbox has writers?

That it did!

I loved General Knoxx. He seemed like the kind of guy you'd just want to have a pint with.

Shame I had to blow him the fuck up. :(

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Brainst0rm said:
Worgen said:
Brainst0rm said:
Gearbox has writers?

Borderlands did have some funny moments. It's just still unsettling to me that a game can slip out the studio doors with such a poorly constructed story. I'm NOT saying that it needed more story, or that it's a failure for not being a different kind of game. It just has a profoundly unsatisfying ending, which doesn't work for an obvious reason. We DON'T get to kill the bad guy who's been niggling us all game. There's just no way around that. Silly Gearbox.
I'd say the Armory was a pretty good way around that. That DLC was the best DLC I've ever played. Worth £15 if you ask me and it's not even half that! (I don't think it is, anyway)

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Alright! New plot based live action show on the escapist! I'm so glad that they're finally doing something I wanted rather than just having cynical people talk about and over video games (or movies) again!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
People cared about the story in Borderlands?

You learn something new every day.

OT:

Anthony Burch's work on Dtoid is fantastic, I can't wait to see what happens!

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
I didn't knew of this. I went looking for "Anthony Saves the World" and on the site all videos are marked as private.

:-(

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Hmmm... I haven't actually heard of this series of web comic's but i'l definatly take a look when they get here!