Bored. Need new TV series.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Drama: Breaking Bad, The Wire, Dexter, Justified, Game of Thrones, Deadwood

also note that the above mentioned include some of the most impressive acting and writing youll ever see on television.

Comedy: Modern Family, Louie, The Office

again, these comedies have incredibly talented actors and writers.

those are the shows that pretty much anyone can enjoy, because they are just that good. for shows that i really enjoy and that you should at least give a try, id recommend these...

Drama: The Walking Dead, Burn Notice, Hell on Wheels, Lights Out

Comedy: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Chuck, Wilfred

and if your into animated shows: Archer, Futurama, South Park, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Young Justice, and Avatar: The Last Airbender

there are many more shows but i cant think of them right now.

felix1942

Sep 8, 2010
Breaking Bad
Hell On Wheels
..and last but definitely not least Shameless surisly watch shameless it is amazing

Sep 30, 2010
believer258 said:
Baccano!

What? How dare he suggest an anime while I listed nothing but Western live action shows!

Alright. What do you get if you throw nonlinear storytelling, 1930's gangster movies, immortality, only tangentially related stories, and anime all into a bowl?

Baccano. Seriously, watch it. It's one of the most interesting things I've ever seen. The only thing you really need to know going in is that the first few episodes are slightly confusing because the timeline jumps around and it is told out of order, with some events replaying from different perspectives.

Just trust me. Watch it.
Yes, incredible. Baccano is what I use to convert people to anime. If you're looking for a more western live action deal I'm really enjoying White Collar.

Derlwyn

Jul 11, 2011
The TV Animated Clone Wars, both editions.

Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003) - Animated by Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack), three seasons in total. The first two seasons are made up of 20 3-minute shorts. The third season has 5 12ish-minute episodes. It manages to create some epic character development of many Jedi and Clone Troopers. The story line is far more engrossing than the Clone Wars movie (either of them). Epic stuff if you haven't seen it yet.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) - Currently on it's 4th season. Each season has 22 episodes and utilizes 3D animation. Expands on the 2003 story lines and the depth that this show goes into is insane. Amazing writing and amazing action sequences.

Neither of these are childish, and for anyone who enjoy Star Wars and felt disappointment in the quality of the prequels, these satisfy one's needs completely. The Mace Windu episode from the 2003 series is epic.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
Go watch Homeland right now. It is hands down the most interesting series I've seen in a long ass time. The first season is about an American POW coming back to America but the CIA learns a POW may have been turned into a terrorist. No, it's not a show that's all about "Muslims are evil, Americans are awesome." It's all grey areas. super trilling. It's on Showtime so it's very adult in language and scenarios.

American Horror Story is good. Some of the things in the last few episodes got a little weird, but a very good show. Creepy as hell at times. Homeland, though, for the win.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Hows about It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Its funny, entertaining, and you don't have to watch from episode 1 and up to understand anything.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
Everyone has already mentioned the basics (Firefly, BSG, Stargate, Breaking Bad, etc.) so I think I'll dive into animation. If like DC superheroes, you can't go wrong with:

Young Justice
Batman: The Animated Series
Superman: The Animates Series
Justice League
Justice League: Unlimited

I'm in a really DC mood of late...

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
I haven't read any of the other posts, nor do I intend to. What I do know is that you should totally get into watching Breaking Bad. The fourth season wrapped up not too long ago and is currently on a hiatus before its final season wraps everything up. There truly is no better time than the present to ask your friends or family for the first season of Breaking Bad for Christmas, and if you're lucky all three seasons that are currently on DVD/Blu-Ray.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
American horror story has been the most engrossing show ive seen this year. Falling skies ended up being a second

I would give a nod to dexter, but honestly They jumped the shark at the end of season 4, and somehow managed to hump the shark at the end of season 6.

If you want something low comittment. I would suggest Happy town. Its only 8 episodes before it got cancelled, but its interesting to see a show that was throat on the chopping block that managed to take the last few of its episodes and end as well as it did with the ending being a cliffhanger, but also clear cut enough that it could stand as the ending.

gamptrak

Mar 20, 2010
My suggestion is Suits. Its a drama and every single episode is kickass and will keep you entertained

gamptrak

Mar 20, 2010
My suggestion is Suits. Its a drama and every single episode is kickass and will keep you entertained

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
All these Breaking Bad mentions warm my heart. It goes to show you that if a fanbase pesters everyone enough, then we can convert the world! Now if only the same thing could happen for Terriers...

SteakHeart said:
Lost (Flame shield activated!)
Not necessary. Sure the show had its down moments (or, as we call them, "Kate episodes"), but it had 100x as many truly memorable moments. The scene in which the hatch lights up is forever imprinted in my memory.

Aussie502

Apr 19, 2011
If you're a fan of Joss Whedon, Angel is his next best show behind Firefly.

Misfits, the British comedy/drama is also gold.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
The League is pretty funny. It has Jon LaJoie, so if you like his shit on Youtube you'll probably like this too. Archer is just awesome. It's by the same guys who did Sealab 2021 and Frisky Dingo.

Rucknar

Man of few words.
Jun 6, 2008
The Wire, like everyone said is great.
Burn Notice, one of the better spy TV shows around.
Flashforward, only lasted one season, should have lasted for years!
V, great sci fi show.
Human Target, one of the better action TV shows around.
The Good Guys, one of the funniest cop shows ever!