Bosses/Enemies/Puzzles that Made You Want to Stab Your Screen

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
berault said:
An older original XBOX game "Sudeki" had a giant robot-spider boss you fought in a lab, this robot-spider shot lasers, and there was only one place you can shoot that actually dealt damage, and it was the same robot-eye that shot the lasers, you can tell how well that works out.

Also any Demon in Demon's Souls, besides the ridiculously easy Phalanx Demon.
The bosses in Demon's souls are actually pretty easy with the exception of False King, Flamelurker and possibly others. I didn't die once fighting Phallanx (lol), Fool's Idol, Vanguard, Leechmonger, Armor Spider, Tower Knight, Penetrator, Adjudicator,or the Dragon God.

False King is currently kicking me in the balls REALLY hard right now. I only had one attack left before I could kill him when he pulled a fucking huge AoE explosion attack out of his ass and insta-killed me at full health. Stab the screen? HA! I wanted to nuke the disc.

berault

Nov 5, 2009
Xyphon said:
berault said:
An older original XBOX game "Sudeki" had a giant robot-spider boss you fought in a lab, this robot-spider shot lasers, and there was only one place you can shoot that actually dealt damage, and it was the same robot-eye that shot the lasers, you can tell how well that works out.

The bosses in Demon's souls are actually pretty easy with the exception of False King, Flamelurker and possibly others. I didn't die once fighting Phallanx (lol), Fool's Idol, Vanguard, Leechmonger, Armor Spider, Tower Knight, Penetrator, Adjudicator,or the Dragon God.

False King is currently kicking me in the balls REALLY hard right now. I only had one attack left before I could kill him when he pulled a fucking huge AoE explosion attack out of his ass and insta-killed me at full health. Stab the screen? HA! I wanted to nuke the disc.
I forgot how easy Armored Spider was as well, but honestly, Flamelurker made me take what I think might be a permanent break from that game.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
General RAAM on the hardest difficulty. I eventually just used a glitch to take him down for the achievements.

Gauntes

Jun 22, 2009
Any boss that has more than one form and doesn't hesitate to send you back through immense amount of cutscenes and script that are apparently unskippable.

DSEZ

Aug 8, 2009
Sir Kemper said:
Wesker was annoying in Resi5, but not as bad as that FUCKING UROBOROS BOSS ON THE TANKER SHIP!

God fucking damm it that was an annoying boss!
this

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
poiumty said:
The Colossus from ME2....
You're shitting me. I didn't get hit once on any of my 3 playthroughs (and one was on hardcore). FYI, there's a thing called cover in that game.

On-topic: Devil May Cry 3's Vergil. You fought him 3 times, and damn was he hard. Especially if starting at normal difficulty without going through easy first.
Do you like your sanity?

If you answered no, play it on Heaven or Hell mode, God damn that was one of the hardest games of my life

[sub][sub]*maniacal giggle*[/sub][/sub]

Erandur

Feb 9, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
After last night, Chaos in Final Fantasy: Dissidia. The fucker practically rapes me, and then when I do finally beat him I find I have to fight him again, right away with no restoration of health or anything. And to put a cherry on it, after I manage to get through those 2 battles, I find I have fight him a third time (possibly more, 'cause it's at that point I gave up), again no restoration or anything. And the real kicker of all this is if I die I have restart this whole sequence of battles all over again. AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!
Gotta agree with this, after lvl 90 the enemies WILL hit 10x harder then even your critcals can manage, and the absolute final boss is a super cranked up lvl110 Chaos, who again WILL hit 15x harder the you despite a 10lvl difference, goes through 3 forms getting stronger and stronger and WILL kill you dozens of times with some cheap ass combo. Must annoying boss i've ever gone against.

Carbonic Penguin

Jul 7, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
After last night, Chaos in Final Fantasy: Dissidia. The fucker practically rapes me, and then when I do finally beat him I find I have to fight him again, right away with no restoration of health or anything. And to put a cherry on it, after I manage to get through those 2 battles, I find I have fight him a third time (possibly more, 'cause it's at that point I gave up), again no restoration or anything. And the real kicker of all this is if I die I have restart this whole sequence of battles all over again. AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!
Sounds like your up to the level 47 endboss... after you beat that, you get inverse chaos, where you fight through every character, ranging from level 97-110, and then fight a level 110 Chaos... when the max level cap is 100. I tried 100 times.... I'll try again soon. Oh, and Blitz's from Devil May Cry 4, alone they're not so bad... but when with other enemies... and in Legendary Dark Knight mode...

EDIT: ninja'd on Chaos... talking about cheap ass combos, he broke me, bravery went up to 4000, used Shinryu, bravery X1.5, used shinryu immediately after, bravery X1.5, used shinryu immediately after AGAIN, bravery frozen... over 9000 bravery that was frozen...then HP spammage...

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
berault said:
Xyphon said:
berault said:

I forgot how easy Armored Spider was as well, but honestly, Flamelurker made me take what I think might be a permanent break from that game.
I just gave up trying to dodge his ass and used a glitch spot. It's right by the entrance to the Dragon God's hall to the left of the fog. Just stand there and range/mage the crap out of him. He'll rarely come at you and if he does, just run to the other side of the room and back to that spot..

Ormick

Jan 7, 2009
Kevdamon said:
Any boss that has more than one form and doesn't hesitate to send you back through immense amount of cutscenes and script that are apparently unskippable.
I hear you. Although it's not the multiple forms that are annoying so much as the huge amounts of dialogue and script that accompany them. If the game let you skip all that, then it's not so bad. Kind of like a gauntlet boss where you have to manage your resources wisely. As much as I despise the story/characters/concept/almost everything about Kingdom Hearts, they did do the multi-part bosses well.

Someperson307

Dec 19, 2008
berault said:

*CoughArmorSpidercough*
And Penetrator is easy if you have that one big guy. As for annoying things, the first boss in RE5 was really bad. I was always running through the furnace, pressing the button, and watching Sheva get incinerated with the boss right outside the furnace.

Maibus

Aug 8, 2009
Darth Vader in The Force Unleashed, I mean yeah he's Darth fucking Vader, but COME ON its said explicitly in the books that a single bolt of Force lightning would fry the delicate life support systems in his armor, and I mean both fights too, though that second one was near impossible for me. Also in [Prototype] that last boss fight, I swear, never have I had to face a boss fight that god awful before... with the exception of Vader.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Carbonic Penguin said:
canadamus_prime said:
Sounds like your up to the level 47 endboss... after you beat that, you get inverse chaos, where you fight through every character, ranging from level 97-110, and then fight a level 110 Chaos... when the max level cap is 100. I tried 100 times.... I'll try again soon. Oh, and Blitz's from Devil May Cry 4, alone they're not so bad... but when with other enemies... and in Legendary Dark Knight mode...
You mean there's more after that??? ...*faints*...
Carbonic Penguin said:
EDIT: ninja'd on Chaos... talking about cheap ass combos, he broke me, bravery went up to 4000, used Shinryu, bravery X1.5, used shinryu immediately after, bravery X1.5, used shinryu immediately after AGAIN, bravery frozen... over 9000 bravery that was frozen...then HP spammage...
Yeah I noticed he likes to do that. You say "HP spammage", but really when he boosts his bravery like that all he has to do is pretty much breath on you and it's Game Over.