Bought a game for its BAD reviews?

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Lost Via Domus! Waste of 35 dirhams and about as bad as the TV show it's based on. Which is quite a lot.

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
Daedalus1942 said:
jaketheripper said:
i loved shadowrun :p and its called renting, i have never actually bought one
Show me a place I can rent it on PC and I will!
Piratebay :O jk, im a console gamer, but try gamefly? i know you need the activation code, but if that doesnt work steams your only hope for games :p

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
jaketheripper said:
Daedalus1942 said:
jaketheripper said:
i loved shadowrun :p and its called renting, i have never actually bought one
Show me a place I can rent it on PC and I will!
Piratebay :O jk, im a console gamer, but try gamefly? i know you need the activation code, but if that doesnt work steams your only hope for games :p
I already bought it ages ago. It was crap, a complete waste of my time and I wasted $15.

DarkGargoyle

Nov 18, 2009
Witcher, because Yahtzee said it was so boring it made him do his laundry. I wanted a game I wouldn't be tempted to play except when I could afford to.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Maquette said:
Sometimes I'll buy games that have had poor reviews despite them, not often because of them.
This. If I had passed on getting games because of bad reviews, I wouldn't have bought games that I ended up having a lot of fun with, reviews be damned.

However, I recently did consider buying Vampire Rain solely because of the bashing it was submited to, and the fact that it was really cheap, but sanity prevailed in the end.

XoXoButterflyXoXo

Apr 14, 2010
Zarokima said:
I found Superman 64 for $2 at a used game shop. It was...interesting.

While not a purchase (good luck finding it anywhere), I did download a copy of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Hilarity ensued for a few minutes. It's winner!
I saw that superman game on AVGN and i bought it to try it lol it was soooooooo funny XD

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I bought Shaq Fu for £15 on eBay out of curiosity, played it once then put it back in the box and it hasn't been played since.