Boxxy's InuYasha messenger bag currently selling on Ebay for $999,999.99

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
So it's just come to my attention that Boxxy's personal InuYasha messenger bag that she has been pictured with in the past is currently on sale on Ebay, and the current bid is one cent shy of a million dollars USD. Seriously. [http://cgi.ebay.com/Boxxys-OwnCollectible-InuYasha-Shoulder-Mail-Book-Bag-/180589595629?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0bfa8bed] Oh and it seems it's not just a bag: the bag contains a photograph of her with the bag signed by Boxxy herself.

All I can say is...wow. There is either a persistent troll on the loose, or a very creepy millionaire just wasted a lot of money. What are your thoughts on this? Does this seem legit?

I originally found out about this on Knowyourmeme.com, [http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/boxxy] where they're tracking the updates.

EDIT: For those of you who don't know about Boxxy, here is a short informational video on the Boxxy phenomenon.

And here is a video of Boxxy herself, doing all the things that made people either worship or loath her.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Dammit, I can't match that. I'm sorry Boxxy but I guess I can't own your Inuyasha bag.

Seriously though, I can't believe someone would actually pay that much.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Dango said:
Well I'm just confused as to why I don't know who Boxxy is.
Boxxy was a 4chan camwhore from early 2009. I'm sure there's a whole lot of drama involved, but I didn't keep up on it and don't care to look into it now.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I don't know who Boxxy was or why that Inuyasha bag is better than any other, or why someone would want to own an Inuyasha bag, or why someone blew nearly a million dollars on it.

I don't know a lot of things, truthfully.

THAC0

Aug 12, 2009
Way to go Boxxy.

haters gonna hate. seriously, i wish i had something i could sell for that much money.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Agayek said:
Dango said:
Boxxy was a 4chan camwhore from early 2009. I'm sure there's a whole lot of drama involved, but I didn't keep up on it and don't care to look into it now.
And good luck actually finding anything... I just spent 10 mins trying to figure it all out I have less of on idea now than I did before :S

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
How did a $9.99 listing go for over a million? What is this madness? I'm really confused on why someone would even bid this much.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
XinfiniteX said:
Agayek said:
Dango said:
And good luck actually finding anything... I just spent 10 mins trying to figure it all out I have less of on idea now than I did before :S
I edited the first post and threw in a couple of videos to help you out :) The first one just talks about Boxxy's rise to fame, and the second is one of her most infamous videos.

But to just sum it up: her obnoxious mannerisms exhibited in the second video caused her to be one of the most talked about girls on the Internet, particularly 4chan. People loved or hated her. A full on war broke out on 4chan between the haters and lovers of Boxxy. Finally she faded into obscurity and she hasn't put out an official video since that last one I posted. Rumors even spread that she was dead.

But now all this is starting to happen, and I think we're going to hear from Boxxy again soon...whether or not anybody likes it.

Litchhunter

Apr 16, 2010
I'm going to have to call troll on this, Boxxy is the "queen" of /b/, there is no way anything that incudes her can happen without at least 20 trolls being involved.