Boy in Chile Kills Brother for Turning On PlayStation

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
Well, clearly it is the 18 year old's fault. He TURNED IT ON, GUYS!
That's just asking for a knife to the chest.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Just Five years?! For Murder with no good reason except a piece of plastic?!

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
tomtom94 said:
Psychopaths get let off lightly.
Call me controversial, but I think it's really counter-intuitive to let people with mental issues off.

"Hmmmm... we've discovered a gene that makes people more likely to kill others! Let's give these guys a shorter sentence... because they're more likely to kill people when they get out?"

What the hell?
The darker side of the plea of insanity.

Apr 28, 2008
They blame it on the console because thats the easy thing to do and it strips all responsibility from those who should be held accountable.

In short, its the easy way out because no one wants to take responsibility. Plus it gives them more "ratings" or "hits" if you will.

Its a sad thing really, when parents abandon their children...

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
8bitmaster said:
wow first a murder over hacking in counterstrike in china and now another murder over turning on a stinking console? What is with people on other continents getting violent over games? Was it our fault?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but... you missed a few stories between then and now.

Se7enUpMustang

Apr 7, 2010
OK, thats enough, i have a hard time beliving this one, the kid that killed his dad with a hammer when he took his keyboard maybe but thats because he was a pc gamer. I think this is just anti-video game bullshit made up by some hippe twat.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
You could blame this on the kid no "Letting go my eggo."

Seriously, they blame a game for something and what did the console do? Nothing. Not a thing. Kid would have snapped anyway it seems. Don't blame the playstation.

Wait they don't know what Model it is....so what your saying this could be a PS1, old, hand me down...no even a excuse to kill for older games and all? Yeah, you know what I call BS on it.

Bout as credible as the kid who blamed Bevis and Butt head about HIM burning down his trailer for saying fire. Even though the snotling was cause over two dozen times playing with matches and lighters and his trailer didn't have cable to watch said show...

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
No doubt fox news writers have gotten their writing erections and have already warped the story to involve a part where the PS3 talked him into it.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
You shouldn't be so quick to write this guy off as a nutjob, you'd be suprised at what you can do when you're angry or when adrenaline is going through your body. Not to mention the age. What was it? 16? Young men's hormones rage harder than an amazoness warrior on PMS, so he probably took quite some time to actually realise what he's done. I know i've gotten so angry that i nearly did a few VERY regretful things one time or another. I'm sure there are times where you've said 'i'll fucking kill you!' and probably meant it 100%, but had the benefit of self-control when you calmed down a bit. I guess to some people it's worth ignoring the consequences and just going for it. If you hate someone just that much, you would. To be honest, it's nothing to do with the playstation, it could have been a fight over who gets to drive a car, or who has the last pack of crisps, and so on. It just HAPPENED to be about a video game console. I really don't think it's that important to the murder, it just happened to be the trigger.

TheRealGoochman

Apr 7, 2010
*sigh*
What the hell is wrong with people.......that kid has mental issues.........first the crazy kid in Russia beating his father to death in his sleep and now this mental idiot. I for one do not blame the system or games at all, I blame the kid's mental condition and whatever allowed him to actually lose control.

What is with these cases (RARE cases).....*sigh*

And he better be put in a mental institution instantly after his 5 years are up

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Gralian said:
You shouldn't be so quick to write this guy off as a nutjob, you'd be suprised at what you can do when you're angry or when adrenaline is going through your body. Not to mention the age. What was it? 16? Young men's hormones rage harder than an amazoness warrior on PMS, so he probably took quite some time to actually realise what he's done. I know i've gotten so angry that i nearly did a few VERY regretful things one time or another. I'm sure there are times where you've said 'i'll fucking kill you!' and probably meant it 100%, but had the benefit of self-control when you calmed down a bit. I guess to some people it's worth ignoring the consequences and just going for it. If you hate someone just that much, you would.
I am sorry, but nothing beats an amazoness warrior on PMS!! :p

Yes rage is a b***, and you wont be able to amend his choice.

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
This just shows that PS3 is evil and drives people to murder.

I mean, the 360 hasn't made anyone kill someone else yet just by merely touching the thing, right?

(For those of you who can't see a joke when it's staring you in the face, this is one :D )

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Blame the plastic! It's eeeevil.

OT: *sigh* Another psycho. I'm annoyed at the fact that there are thousands of psychos being admitted to mental hospitals, yet everyone gets their panties in a twist just because some cases include the gaming media. People here at least have the common knowledge to know that games have nothing to do with it.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Hm. Had the argument been over anything but this season's thing to pick on then the story would probably be far less widespread. But no, a video game and/or gaming system was involved. Therefore we MUST BLAME THE GAMES [sub]What a crap rhyme.[/sub]

Nonetheless, that's slightly creepy. What could he have wanted to play that was that damn important?

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
Just like I said with the boy that killed his dad with a keyboard or something like that, I find it a great tragedy that video games are going to be blamed for this. Not because it reflects poorly on the industry in the eyes of the world (which it does) but because this kid (and others like him) isn't going to get the help he needs while Drs and other authority figures blame the games.

laserwulf

Dec 30, 2007
Has Hugo Chavez chimed in yet? He already blames video games for Venezuela's problems, so it's probably just a matter of time before he points at their neighbors as an 'example' of the evils of GTAIV.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Brother murders are generally frowned upon even more than regular murders, so it's odd that he only gets 5 years, which is by far not enough.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Jail. For at least 15 years. Possibly life.

5 years is nothing.
Exactly. This isn't even close to fair. The way I see it it's a life for a life and just because he's 16 doesn't make it ok for him.