Boycott Scotland

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
Maraveno said:
Trivun said:
Hah, as an Englishman and proud of it, I've always loved the Scots despite our early difficulties. This is just hilarious. Blame Brown, not the Scots in general. And that's all I have to say on the matter. :)
early difficulties ?? hah Scotland will be a free nation yet
just needs some rebels to get things started :p

OK laying off the jokes (or not)

Nobody is going to boycott just because some American idiot says so
There are a lot of americans in general - even if a small portion of em are idiots, its still a lot of idiots, and the are the ones constantly representing america to the world. Its beyond facepalming, there are awesome americans I just wish they would scream and shout as loud ans the idiots and tell them to STFU.

Durahan2

Mar 12, 2009
But guys haven't you heard on fox news(snicker) the scots are a bunch of terrorist loveing freedom haters. :( Fox news never lies! (/sarcasm)

Ok now I won't mind this aslong as it won't turn into an "America sucks europe rocks lululz" thing. But yeah I don't how this would effect anything. Boycotts never really work in this day in age, because EVERYONE is a greedy sonvabitch and we want what we want damnit and no rightwing idiot is going to keep me from my fine scottish imports....whatever they are....

Oh and we would shout louder but the idiots cut holes in their necks so they sound like fog horns. How can you compete with that?!

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Wadders said:
I'm surprised you haven't heard, do you live in a hole? :p
I don't watch crap.
This includes all reality TV and the news.
Fair enough. Good job I told ya then eh? :p

But yeah, I don't really watch TV at all, most of it is pointless drivel interspersed with mind numbing adverts and then the occasional good bit of programming that struggles against the tide of crap. I do like to keep myself reasonably well informed on current events though :p

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Seriously?

Scotland releases one (admitedly very nasty, but horribly dieing) guy and Americans go apeshit. What about all the people they're holding without trial in Cuba? For all Americans (the stupid ones, not the rest of you) babble one about freedom enlightenment and this that the other, they're still yet to understand concepts as basic as compassion and justice.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
wilted_orchid said:
...Are we thinking of the same country? When I go to stay with my dad, just outside Glasgow we can't go up to the precinct after 4pm, just incase we get stabbed. All the same, I was listening to a shock jock talking about that on Galaxy (scottish radio station) and he made a good point, saying that surely, if Scotland can show kindness to this man in his last days, does that not say more about Scotland being a good place, a democratic place? It was a man named Scottie McClue...I think.
Up the precint? What kind of crazy mixed up language is this!? :p 4pm is quite early, I always thought the stabbings didn't start till much later on. Anyway, is Scotty McClure (if that was his name) still on the go? Last time I heard him, he was on Scot FM. That was a while back....

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
Laughing Man said:
Let's remember this is the country that had to rename French Fries as Freedom Fries because of their boycott of France for not following them mindlessly in to an illegal war.

As much as I love blaming Gordon Brown it was actually not his fault this time, it was some minister for something or other in Scotland, I believe Gordon Brown actually disagreed with the decision and was appalled that the people welcoming Abdel Baset al-Megrahi home were waving Scottish flags.
Oh my god, how WRONG you are. The foundations for this release were laid by Tony Blair when he met Ghadaffi to secure the BP oil rights in Libya. The Scottish Justice Minister who released him was effectively tying up the loose ends of the deal brokered and started by the Labour government whilst under Blair's leadership. So Brown coming out against it is just pathetic since it was his party that effectively started the whole thing.
Something tells me that being in the same party in what is an effectivly 2-3 party system is a pretty flimsy argument

Orlana

Jul 30, 2008
Jirlond said:
there are awesome americans I just wish they would scream and shout as loud ans the idiots and tell them to STFU.
We do, but it doesn't get us anywhere. Unless you count being called traitors, unpatriotic, terrorist lovers, and all manner of other vile, incorrect labels. If you know anything about The Red Scare, it's basically the same thing. God forbid you say one negative thing about what our country does to the wrong individual. It won't get you arrested, but you'll be a social outcast because these people won't let it go.

What's worse, try hating this war but falling for a soldier. There's a lot of us in that position, myself included. It's hard as hell to be able to express any negativity while wanting to support him and knowing if you open your mouth it can ruin his career. I fully support the troops, just not the war itself, but the latter of that can screw me over in a heartbeat.

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
I'm Scottish!!!!!!! Yeah! Personally if someone gave me a gun I'd shoot the guy with a clear conscience and a grin on my face.

Have fun boycotting us ya dafties.

Fudgo

Apr 11, 2009
I lol'd hard at that site. Thanks for that.

Now I really want to see how this turns out...

PumpActionJesus

Feb 6, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
I have not heard about this, nor do I particularly care.
So some dude...uh...what did he do, exactly?

Well, whatever.
He hjckd a plane "lockerbie" or something, and killed alot of people.

But he has cancer now, so they let him out for 5 days til he keels over

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
i don't know a damn thing about this supposed boycott and i don't care. what i do know is that this guy was convicted of murdering 270 people. he served less than two weeks for each person he killed, and the families of the people who never got off that plane got to watch him land safely in Libya.

i'm not going to take part in a stupid, ineffectual boycott, but the fact that this man was released is shameful.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
cobra_ky said:
i don't know a damn thing about this supposed boycott and i don't care. what i do know is that this guy was convicted of murdering 270 people. he served less than two weeks for each person he killed, and the families of the people who never got off that plane got to watch him land safely in Libya.

i'm not going to take part in a stupid, ineffectual boycott, but the fact that this man was released is shameful.
A large portion of scotland pacepalmed as soon as they heard the news. I agree that the boycott is a silly idea and it seems every escapist will ignore it.

GOOD GOING CHAPS!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions_and_discoveries

Looks like the list includes the overhead valve engine, radar and logarithms. Any people trying to take a boycott on Scotland seriously are screwed.

I won't be one of them, though. I deeply respect Scotland for its inventions and its people.
They invented logarithms?

BOYCOTT SCOTLAND, BOYCOTT LOGARITHMS!!!