Brütal Legend to Feature Prince of Darkness Himself

Fallswhale

Mar 19, 2009
So Tim Shafer(psychonauts) got Jack Black(Tenacious D/Over the top actor)to voice a roadie drawn into a fantasy world that uses a guitar to summon spells of epic proportion.

Awesomeness potential is strong here.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Well of course, ti wouldn't be Metal if it didn't have Mr. Mumbles in it.

The song Crazy Train just started playing in my head all of a sudden.......

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
Simon Hadow said:
When I read this, I screamed like a little girl in joy, but managed to convert it to a Manly Metal Laugh of Ultimate Metality!
I just gave an UMMDGUMM
[small](Ultimate Manly Metal Death Growl of Ultimate Manly Metality.)[/small]

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
bue519 said:
Gormourn said:
Heh, I just saw that in E3 coverage.

Neat. I doubt I'll play the game though.

We'll see.
But its Tim Schafer. Your the reason theres no Psychonauts 2.
That's the great thing about Tim Schafer. The only sequel he has ever made has been Day of the Tentacle.

I'm not into metal, but being a massive Schafer fan I will have to buy this.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Awesome, some potential for funny exploitation of his tendency to mumble.

Can't wait for this game. Who cares if the gameplay isn't great? That's not what everyone's going to be playing it for. As long as it's just not completely unplayable, it should be great.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Crazyyy...but that's how it goooooes....

Can it get anymore awesome? Heck, I'm already giggling like a little girl over the prospect of Lemmy.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Ozzy: Muhguth ur ath ahh na thou couts pissed agahn ahh foucking hell sharon wherr the fouk you got ta ahhh jesous crist.

Eddie: ...What?

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
harhol said:
TaborMallory said:
As awesome as this game looks, I doubt it will have anything going for it in the gameplay department.
This. Everyone will be like "Brutal Legend omg automatic G.O.T.Y. doodz" and then come release day the silence will be deafening.
Yep, that's what I think. Psychonauts was relatively weak in the plattform department and I don't even want to imagine how hard the action gameplay could blow in this one.

Schaefer just go back to making Point&Click, please...

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
"Oh, right, I better let you in then. Where's the key? Where's the fookin' key!? SHARON! Have you seen the fookin' key?"

"It's on the table you daft git!"

"Well I didn't know that now did I?..fookin' hell!"

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Ernstige Jan said:
I'm not doubting this game will have awesome gameplay, I just think it'll be overlooked by 90% of the gaming community.
I find that hard to believe, considering how much it's being advertised. In fact, that concerns me a little considering the relative lackluster showcasing there was for past Schaefer games; I'm worried they're compensating for something.

I will probably get it though, despite Ozzy's appearance. Unless he happens to be somehow comprehensible or, as suggested, there are subtitles though, that's not much of a drawing point at all.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
bue519 said:
But its Tim Schafer. Your the reason theres no Psychonauts 2.
Actually I'm pretty sure the reason there's no Psychonauts 2 has to do with these reasons:
1. Double Fine is tiny and has a crew that can only work on one game at a time. After Psychonauts they went on to Brutal Legend.
2. Tim Schafer may not feel the need to water down a series with a sequel.
3. The game doesn't need a fucking sequel.

On topic I'm becoming slowly more and more excited for Brutal Legend.
...and that foxy nun demon.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
coldfrog said:
Ernstige Jan said:
I'm not doubting this game will have awesome gameplay, I just think it'll be overlooked by 90% of the gaming community.
I find that hard to believe, considering how much it's being advertised. In fact, that concerns me a little considering the relative lackluster showcasing there was for past Schaefer games; I'm worried they're compensating for something.

I will probably get it though, despite Ozzy's appearance. Unless he happens to be somehow comprehensible or, as suggested, there are subtitles though, that's not much of a drawing point at all.
The trick will be to cast him as a character that only speaks in song form.

Drakenian

Jul 25, 2008
Oh...my...God!

The Prince of Darkness will be lending his voice to Brutal Legend?!? I am getting that game for sure now! It's gonna be the most metal thing since the "Battle With the Devil" scene from Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny!

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Yea- wait, WHAT?

Fuck! This means no Maiden, and no Dickinson.
Look on the bright side, we have fucking Ozzy Ozbourne! What more could you want (except for the two you mentioned).

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
Just when I thought this game couldn't get any more awesome, it does. Ozzy too? The game might explode the system from the concentrated AWESOME!