Brawlers

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wonder if it will play better then the first game. Granted I didn't play the full release but the pre-release demo just fell flat for me.
I hoping as well. I heard that after some patches, the first game plays much better. Plus, there some mechanics I didn't like. Certain enemies could regain health, if you didn't kill them a specific way, and that's what turned me off.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
On one hand, cool, on the other, ewww 3d graphics.
The game does look rough, but I will still give it a shot. Hopefully, the graphics can get a decent polish. It's pretty clear they're working on a low budget. I don't know much about the developer, City Connection, but it looks like they develop retro and retro style games. How they got the license from Jaleco, I don't know, yet it looks like they care enough to try something. Rushing Beat was always C-tier Streets of Rage, but I did like the comic book charm of Ran, and Shura is the pinnacle of the franchise. Here's hoping they can do a HD collection while they are at it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reminds me of Spikeout and Slash Out. This game got announced two years ago. Varvarion is on my must play list.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hrmm... Neat, but I'm not sure about that graphic style. I think I like the old pixel art more, but then again, I love good pixel art.
I guess people were expecting a pixel to pixel remake a la Ninja Warriors Once Again. Honestly, the reception is kind of reminded me of Ultra Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix. At the time, there was some mixed reception, but over time most people grew to like it or didn't have a problem with it. What probably helps is that when it got re-released on Switch, it allowed the options for the original visuals or the HD version. Then again, that one had some additional modes as well and two new characters.

Looking at Night Slashers, it's going to go up to four players instead of the arcade version's three. So we might see a new character. The game is definitely adding new combat and refined combat mechanics in combos. That much is obvious. I do wish that they allow you to revert to original style for those that want it. I do appreciate that you're allowed to change the colors of characters outfits. That's an option I always appreciate.

BTW, did you ever get to Ninja Warriors Once Again/Ninja Saviors yet? No rush if you haven't yet. I know the game is still at $20, so if that's too much for you, I won't blame you on waiting for a sale.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I guess people were expecting a pixel to pixel remake a la Ninja Warriors Once Again. Honestly, the reception is kind of reminded me of Ultra Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix. At the time, there was some mixed reception, but over time most people grew to like it or didn't have a problem with it. What probably helps is that when it got re-released on Switch, it allowed the options for the original visuals or the HD version. Then again, that one had some additional modes as well and two new characters.

Looking at Night Slashers, it's going to go up to four players instead of the arcade version's three. So we might see a new character. The game is definitely adding new combat and refined combat mechanics in combos. That much is obvious. I do wish that they allow you to revert to original style for those that want it. I do appreciate that you're allowed to change the colors of characters outfits. That's an option I always appreciate.

BTW, did you ever get to Ninja Warriors Once Again/Ninja Saviors yet? No rush if you haven't yet. I know the game is still at $20, so if that's too much for you, I won't blame you on waiting for a sale.
I've been keeping my eye on Ninja Saviors, I'm guessing it will be on sale soon, so I'll grab it then. I would prefer the pixels on Night Slashers since to me the new graphics look stiff. Awhile back I found a modded version of Ninja Saviors that adds Ash from Evil Dead as a playable character.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@Worgen, I just found this out from one of comments on the Night Slashers Remake video page.

@cubansupreme
@cubansupreme
8 days ago
On a sort of related note, it seems that the original Night Slashers game that is part of the "Johnny Turbo" series of arcade games on the Nintendo Switch eShop have recently been delisted for reasons unknown. Not just Night Slashers, every single "Johnny Turbo" game has been delisted from the Switch eShop as well. Thankfully, I got all those games before this happen but I thought I should let everyone else who don't have these games know.
That sucks. I still have my digital copy. That is always the problem when it comes to a digital service only or game is only available digitally. Copyright be a biatch. I don't have the other games under the Johnny Turbo brand, but it does not matter much for me, as some of those games were under the Data East Arcade Collection (Wii). Which I still have.