Brawlers

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
We have a number of fighting game threads. But they seem to be titled for a specific game, here is a general thread for brawlers.

Anyway. Hey @BrawlMan check this out.

Reactions: gorfias

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Is Asterix well known outside the french world? All I can think of is one gag in the Simpsons about it

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Is Asterix well known outside the french world? All I can think of is one gag in the Simpsons about it
Yes, but they're still niche in America. Thought not as niche compared to the 90s and early 2000s.

@Worgen, I do thank you so much. I did try and start a similar thread, but no one responded. Don't worry, we're keeping the thread you made up by all means possible.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I thought it was pretty popular in Europe in general?

@Worgen, I do thank you so much. I did try and start a similar thread, but no one responded. Don't worry, we're keeping the thread you made up by all means possible.
We shall overcome and use our brawler skills to keep this one going, forever.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I thought it was pretty popular in Europe in general?
Asterix is pretty well known in Europe, yeah, tho perhaps not as much as it once was.

I like the look of that Slap the All game. Very faithful to Uderzo's art. Not sure how much confidence I have in Microids tho. They are wildly meh.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Speaking from Oz? Short answer is "maybe."

Long answer is that when I was in my teen years, I'd say Asterix was pretty well known. I certainly spent no shortage of time reading them, and at least some of my fellow students were aware of the series. If we're talking about now, however, that's harder to say. The libraries I work at have Asterix graphic novels, but I don't see them entering the returns that often. Certainly not compared to many other series.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So someone made a mod that turns og Doom into a 3d brawler.

No idea if it's any good, but you know, props for the idea.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Spotted this. Art style gives me "Archer: The Beat Em Up" twinges.

Come to think of it that WOULD be pretty awesome. Could only see Sterling, Lana and coked up Pam as playable tho :p

Sad to learn that my most anticipated fisticuffs, Midnight Fight Express, got moved to summer of 22.

Also curious to see how this one turns out

I still have yet to try The Friends of Ringo Ishakawa, but just from the footage of Yeo's games, I really dig him. He's clearly going for his own niche and style.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I really wish Sega would port these games to digital stores. It would take them minimal effort to do so.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs needs more love. Since its licensed we will never see a rerelease so you need to play it anyway you can, but its a damn good beat em up and you can make dinosaurs your friends.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Did anyone get the Asterix game? On steam it looks like its got middling reviews and I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This a fun brawler. It was made in the 90s and made by the same team that did the Raiden games. This is their only brawler. You can find Zero Team on Arcade Archives label on all consoles digital stores.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This a fun brawler. It was made in the 90s and made by the same team that did the Raiden games. This is their only brawler. You can find Zero Team on Arcade Archives label on all consoles digital stores.
That does look pretty cool.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Someone made a 3 player hack/mod for Final Fight a few years ago. Why didn't Capcom ever think of that?!