Breaking: ModernWarfare4.com Kidnappers Speak Out

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Love it. This man deserves[/I] a promo copy.

As ive said before, Any man that can hijack a plane with a pair of tweasers Deserves[/B] the plane.

Its the same thing.

somekindarobot

Jul 29, 2009
Damn you, Chicago Ted! How did you figure out my Powers of Domain-Standoff Unfunness(TM) were susceptible to cease and desist orders?

In all seriousness (HA! Seriousness, the opposite of fun! I have not begun to fight!) I appreciate the official welcome.

somekindarobot

Jul 29, 2009
somekindarobot said:
Damn you, Chicago Ted! How did you figure out my Powers of Domain-Standoff Unfunness(TM) were susceptible to cease and desist orders?

In all seriousness (HA! Seriousness, the opposite of fun! I have not begun to fight!) I appreciate the official welcome.
Chicago Ted said:
somekindarobot said:
Anyone else considering that Infinity Ward could simply get the domain modernwarfarefour.com?
I am issueing you a cease and desist on you. You are currently ruining the fun. However, since you are new here I shall leave you with a warning and the words 'Welcome to the Escapist'!

Arikuza

Apr 21, 2009
TheFacelessOne said:
Hah!

If I was IW I would at least give them a little souvenir of sorts to the community just for brightening up my day.

Maybe an in-game gun of choice with a colorful clown texture, or an in-game costume with a red afro.
Or maybe they could make a clown skin purchasable online, with a free action figure of it :D

ZiiPJester

Jul 30, 2009
Kalezian said:
Thunderhorse said:
Hahahah I really like these guys. It all seems in good fun.

I hope infinity ward plays their little game. Might be some good PR.
I could imagine a Tie-In that involves the main characters of MW4 invading a small sub-urban home only to find a stereotypical computer geek at his desk, hilarity ensues.
Hey! I resemble that remark! :p

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Ranooth said:
Am i the only one that would love Infinity Ward to turn this into the idea for a level?

Mission 4353 RESCUE THAT DAMM CLOWN!
Either that or they could hide a clown in every level, either a random civilian or some graffiti etc.
Hm..like the CoD4 Intel?

Not a bad Idea =3

hansari

May 31, 2009
Arikuza said:
Or maybe they could make a clown skin purchasable online, with a free action figure of it :D
Ranooth said:
Am i the only one that would love Infinity Ward to turn this into the idea for a level?

Mission 4353 RESCUE THAT DAMM CLOWN!
Both awesome ideas...IW should definitely pay homage to this event somehow. I'm leaning more towards a bizarre bonus mission reminiscent of "mile high club."

ZiiPJester

Jul 30, 2009
Remember - A real clowns life is on the line here.

We've decided to let him express a few words on the website today...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
SnootyEnglishman said:
This is pretty funny but i predict IW wont think that as much
Actually, the guys at Infinity Ward have fantastic senses of humor. I'm guessing they're getting quite a kick out of this. :)

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
I think IW should insert "Ziip the Clown" into MW2. He could just be a clown that threatens his audience with physical harm. They could put him on a TV somewhere in one of the levels. The name ZiiP sorta sounds like it could be an eastern-european accented pronunciation of "Zip," anyways. And you know that IW loves Eastern European accents.

I'll bet IW has a great sense of humor, by the by. There're bikes in like every game (and possibly in every level in CoD2, though I didn't have the patience to confirm it) purely because one of the level designers likes bicycles. I mean, come on, they definitely don't mind jokes.

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
If they really want MW4, they'll have to kill the clown. Otherwise IW will just think they're bluffing...I wonder how hard it would be to abduct another clown...hmmm...

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Malygris said:
"Infinity Ward released Call of Duty, then COD2, then something went sort of awry and they released COD4:MW - I guess it was very late in the night by this point and something jokingly inside my head made me think that maybe IW were superstitious about the number 3 and that they'd miss it again with the Modern Warfare sequels,"
Like they missed it the first time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795349/

Oh.

ActualOvaltine

Jul 1, 2009
Evil Tim said:
Malygris said:
"Infinity Ward released Call of Duty, then COD2, then something went sort of awry and they released COD4:MW - I guess it was very late in the night by this point and something jokingly inside my head made me think that maybe IW were superstitious about the number 3 and that they'd miss it again with the Modern Warfare sequels,"
Like they missed it the first time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795349/

Oh.
But Infinity Ward did not make that game so technically, he is right. They skipped 3.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
ActualOvaltine said:
But Infinity Ward did not make that game so technically, he is right. They skipped 3.
No, technically he's wrong because there was still a game called 3, so even under that logic there would still be a Modern Warfare 3. It's either an error or a joke that trips over itself.

ZiiPJester

Jul 30, 2009
No - Technically it wasn't a PC release, and as at the time we were soley a PC based multiplayer community, we didn't consider it.