Brink Review

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
MrGFunk said:
I don't like Team Fortress 2 so still unsure if this is gameplay I can really enjoy. More of an Unreal tournament guy - which of course was ruined with a load of 'protect the node' levels.
I don't know, both faction have lots of objecties which are basically prevent the other team from putting a breaching charge on this door for 10 minutes, or prevent the enemy spies from hacking your terminal for 10 minutes.

I haven't played TF2 enough to compare the games. I know that they're similar in terms of the fact that they have classes and stuff, but I don't know how the pacing of the games compares.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Heh, they DO look like the puppets from Land of Confusion.

Now they need to make one that looks like Peter Gabriel's claymation videos.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I'm definitely wanting to look into the multiplayer (if just for experimentation) with this sort of set up, even if initially I was hoping for a really strong single player experience that fully utilized the SMART system (the trailer was AWESOME, parkour parkour).

Lenin211

Apr 22, 2011
If I were looking for a multiplayer class based shooter, I would buy TF2 for $10 on Steam, rather than get an inferior game of the same type for $40

(I wanted to make a "Hardcore Parkour" joke, but I thought my comment was too negative.)

Arctarus'sCookie

May 9, 2011
ZodiacBraves said:
Still deciding whether or not to buy this game. I was really looking forward to it but don't know if I want to drop 50-60 bucks on it right now.
Why not rent it? (if you can)

Arctarus'sCookie

May 9, 2011
Well, while there is almost no storyline whatsoever (which is a real shame because a place like the Ark would hold lots of interesting tales) there are audio logs to get more of a personal story if you're into that. The gameplay is good. The only thing that personaly pissed me off was waiting for those damn medics when I'm right at the objective, but then I bought the medics self-revive move and everything was fine. If you want a good type of gun for the game a smg would be a reasonable choice. A good balance of power and ammo. I found the Operative to be fun to play (hacking turrets to trick enemies and spotting mines and such). Even though no class is most important, you can choose a prefered class to play as at the beginning of a match. Brink had a lot of potential, but the developers didn't really work towards it. It's a GOOD game, all those other drawbacks keep it from being GREAT. I'm still playing it though.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
So I've noticed that the Xbox 360 version of this game is down to $10...is it worth a purchase at $10? I assume it'll last me longer than a $10 meal but would it be a better use of my money to spend said $10 on food? Or Alpha Protocol for a dollar more? To clarify, if I buy this it would be STRICTLY for single player. Which reminds me, are there bot matches in this? Like, the single-player equivalent of multiplayer only with X bots on each team?