Brooding Purposes

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
I brood so hard my eyes bleed eye juice.

But still nothing.

Points for this, however.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I guess both "Ashley" (I guess it's one of those bi-gender names that I NEVER hear given to a man) and Erin were both affected by some boss character in Bioshock Infinite.

Also, thanks for clarifying how Erin blushes. When she's actually blushing, her cheeks turn tomato-red instead of her natural - yet not really natural - faint pink.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
That music put to the sound of rain is amazing. I really should see that film again.

But it doesn't do anything to make that man look like any less of a slimy troglodyte. Then again, maybe it's just lost on me because I'm not female or gay.

I'd love my own brooding piano though.

OfficialJab

Jan 14, 2012
Khanht Cope said:
I heard 1 or 2 years ago that Piers was now priming for corporate TV in America, and in-line with a majority of Brits, my reaction "well the yanks can have him, hopefully he'll stay there."

I'd got the impression he'd gone down a little better than he did in Britain though, where did it go wrong for Piers Morgan?
I dunno, I like him most of the time. His interviews are usually quite personal and revealing, and he has good rapport with most of his guests. Also, he caused Christine O'Donnell to walk away mid-interview, which was outstanding.

I hate his Guns In America 'campaign', though. Whenever there's a shooting I start to dislike him more afterwards.

Also, the TV makes him look a lot better. I think if I met him in person, it would feel like looking into the ark.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Xman490 said:
I guess both "Ashley" (I guess it's one of those bi-gender names that I NEVER hear given to a man) and Erin were both affected by some boss character in Bioshock Infinite.

Also, thanks for clarifying how Erin blushes. When she's actually blushing, her cheeks turn tomato-red instead of her natural - yet not really natural - faint pink.
Our resident Daystar Clarion's name is Ashley. :D

It's apparently more commonly a male name over in Europe.

OT: That explains why Batman always gets all the girls, despite Adam West, rubber suits, Robin, and bat-nipples.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Brooding only works if the guy is attractive already. If the guy is shorter than 5'10" or is fat + neckbeard then no amount of "darkness" will win the ladies over.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
I can't stop reading everything and hearing everything in that suave detective voice T_T .......I can still hear the music and the rain.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
snekadid said:
rofltehcat said:
Rain sound + bladerunner blues...
now I want to play Shadowrun so bad :(
Mentioning shadowrun...... Now I want to play shadowrun so bad.......

I would punch a baby for a decent Shadowrun game, which would not be hard if we could just keep EA away from it.....

OT: IDK if that would work on anyone except erin, she obviously goes for the crazy..... but who am I to judge, crazy is hawt.
You mean this? http://harebrained-schemes.com/shadowrun/

On the note of the comic; Il have to remember my high backed leather chair and dark suit in future in case of emergency brooding.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
maninahat said:
I feel it's worth posting this brilliant, 24hr competition winning comic [http://english.bouletcorp.com/2012/02/01/darkness/], which takes the exact same concept and runs with it.
Wow. That's bloody brilliant. Makes me feel kind of shit in comparison.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
rofltehcat said:
Rain sound + bladerunner blues...
now I want to play Shadowrun so bad :(
Ditto, but it's a pain to get a group together and I'm not that good at running games yet.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Calibanbutcher said:
So brooding purposes serve breeding purposes?
You can get a real grand piano for a mac?
Yes you brood to breed to start a brood as it were.[sub]Words are fun[/sub]

I agree with this comic wholeheartedly. Being moody and complex has never ceased to keep me in chicks and scotch/sarcasm.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
snekadid said:
OT: IDK if that would work on anyone except erin, she obviously goes for the crazy..... but who am I to judge, crazy is hawt.
Erin's not the best judge of character, or much else, and as a critic it's her job to judge things!
OT: Who's this Ashley douchebag? He reminds me of one of my worst roommates from college. When was he last seen brooding all over this comic with his fake angst?

iamjonah

Feb 19, 2010
I said,
Well, I can have a dark side
If you want me to
I can have a dark side
I can develop my brooding potential
If pain's what you want in a man
Pain I can do
I can have a dark side, too

Tim Minchin: Dark Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQmJ_vxHB4

UrinalDook

Jan 7, 2013
Holy crap! I've known for years that I love Blade Runner Blues. And I've known for even longer that I love the sound of rain. Never before had it ever occurred to me to put them together. I can't wait till bedtime...

Grey, you sodding genius.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
And here I thought this was going to be about Starcraft 2. Damn you Blizzard for forever fusing "brood" to "zerg" in my mind.