Buggiest game you ever played?

calmego

Oct 5, 2010
I have a toss up, its between Gothic 3 and Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. However I still go back and play Vampire, regardless of all the glitches.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
LOL, new games. Let me present to you a game from back in the 90's :

Requiem: The Avenging Angel
The conversation sounds tends to overlap
one another every single time. Some connected areas had points of no return because elevators/doors wont come back/open and need to no clip to return to areas that you are supposed to go back or just need to because you dont have items progress with the game. Gameplay and Story Segregation at his finest when you are supposed to use a spell of resurrection on a dead person that its critical for the plot but not used anywhere else for all the others plot relevant people. Death sounds gets repeated over and over by the enemies non stop.

And those are in the first hours of the game. Surelly the critics trashed this game back then right???

"The highest praise for the game came from PC Zone, in a review by Charlie Brooker. Brooker praised the game's variety of well-designed character models, and its advanced animation system, stating that the game had "impressive character models that move in all kinds of unpleasantly believable ways". The game achieved a "recommended" award and was given 89% by the publication.[1]

IGN claimed that the level design was boring and uninspired, and although the game had a competent single player experience, multiplayer was lacking. It gave the game 6.7/10, a "passable" rating.[2] GameSpot commends the game's innovative angelic powers available for use, comparing them favourably with the force powers in Jedi Knight. However, it states that although the game has several attractive features, in the end, it was just a typical shoot 'em up with no groundbreaking elements, awarding the game a rating of 7.3/10."
From Wikipedia

WTF o_O CHARLE BROOKER?? CHARLIE Screenwipe Brooker????? WHO MADE THIS GAME?? Develop by Cyclone Studios and published by 3DO and Ubisoft?? 3DO from Heroes 3 of Might and Magic?? How could they let this happen???

DrunkPickle

Sep 16, 2011
Risen. The whole game can break if you turn in quests in the wrong order - and I'm not just talking about the main storyline, even the side quests are affected. Also, it lags on all platforms.

It's such a shame. I had so much fun with the game, until it broke that is (5 hours in).

Medimorpho

Apr 11, 2011
Can't think of a whole lot right now, but it would be either Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, or Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. In PoP: T2T, there were parts where the sound would cut out. I think the same for WW.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Really? People voting on Fallout: New Vegas? I mean, sure, it's a Bethy game, and they always bug (Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, lal) but it's never bugged for me! Well..Maybe some glitching texture, but otherwise, no.

I think Fallout 3 was worse.

Magnus

Dec 12, 2011
Definitely Hellgate:London - mostly falling through floors,enemys jumping at me and falling through the floor and reappearing somewhere else, and numerous game breaking bugs like the one where I had to pick up 4 parts for a train to be repaired where I decided to induvidually break the boxes they were in to save time and having the game stop me from picking up the last one which changed into the first item I picked up and not being able to remove it from my inventory stopping me from continuing. Arrrgh!

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
idarkphoenixi said:
I don't think any game in the world could be worse than Big Rigs. It's almost unplayable
yea Big Rigs isint so much a game as it is a highschool project someone gave up on 3 weeks in

as for me
Saints row 2 i cant tell you how many times ive seen thing just randomly fall out of the sky
ive had the car i was driveing rocket up in the air(few times). Fallen into the map.

greyghost81

Dec 5, 2010
Probably Fallout: New Vegas, but to be honest I didn't encounter nearly as many problems with that one as other people reported.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
I played the Starship Troopers game for PC.
There were a ton of bugs in that game.
But I shot 'em all.

luke10123

Jan 9, 2010
You are Empty, man that game was really buggy, but I had fun slaying killer chocobos =D

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Oblivion, unmodded it was completely unplayable, with loads of mods, I still fell through the floor earlier and was swimming around in some weird pit under the land full of water and NPCs.

Bob_Marley42

Apr 8, 2009
Jurassic Park: Trespasser.

Good god this game was nowhere near ready for release and it shows but damn if I don't love it.

If you fancy checking it out without buying why not watch Research Indicates Let's Play?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0058A651EB882B48