Bullet Storm, An overall ..meh

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
RowdyRodimus said:
I'm really not trying to troll here since this is an honest question from an outsider (aka, not a FPS player) but what can a FPS do that hasn't been done? Other than the guns, settings and enemy types aren't they pretty much the same no matter if it's a WWII or Sci-fi FPS? I mean really, what did you expect to be different this time? (That last question was a real question and not a "Duh, what'd you expect, dumbass" type statement. Sometimes that type of question is read wrong when typed. Like I said, not trolling just curious.)
"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. patent office, 1899

It seems like everything has been done, but there is always something new that could be made, even if it takes a lot of work to uncover that new thing.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Omikron009 said:
I was under the impression that any complaint about the dialogue being cheesy or vulgar was automatically invalid. They used the word "dicktits" in one of the ads. Come on, what did you expect? If you buy a game that's supposed to be entirely about mindless over the top violence and profanity, it's a bit foolish to be disappointed when that's what you get.
Having only played the prologue and 1 1/2 chapters at a friends place, the problem doesn't seem to be the dialogue style attemting to rip off the old Duke Nukems. The problem is that the game can't decide whether it's juvenile "humor" that basically means doing everything offensive, regardless on whether it's funny or not...

Or a hyper dramatic tale of tragedy, which this game seems to interpret as "supporting character we spent 5 minutes with dies and we have to feel bad about it".

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Pyrokinesis said:
The ending is SUCH trash. For the love of god do game designers know what the word closure is anymore? %#*&in squealitis.
Oh, they do, but by not providing you with closure it allows us to screw with your head for all the crap you gave me on that game... I mean them!

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
Hectix777 said:
Pyrokinesis said:
The ending is SUCH trash. For the love of god do game designers know what the word closure is anymore? %#*&in squealitis.
Oh, they do, but by not providing you with closure it allows us to screw with your head for all the crap you gave me on that game... I mean them!
Just got to the end of it. Bit of a let-down. The QTE boss fight was kind of crap, but I briefly held out hope that they'd end the game on a high-note with a firefight on falling platforms... I was seriously getting myself ready for some Vertigo action and cut to the planet surface for a standard issue race against the clock.

Kind of funny, the two timed events in the final chapter, I lost precious seconds being confused and managed to slip by as the final second ticked off the clock. Couldn't have planned either better if I had tried.

It's easy enough to end these things with some sort of closure and set up the sequel. You just have to slip in a few comments that suggest that someone higher up the food chain was really behind it all... maybe even a closing video of a new character upset that Gray is still alive and now out to get him.

But over-all, I was happy with the game and thought the story held it together reasonably well. Very tempted to restart the game on the next highest difficulty. First time in a long, long, long time that's happened.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
When i first heard of bulletstorm, people, like on the escapist and on roosterteeth, made it sound awesome. then i found the demo, and tried it myself. and... meh. it was alright but not that great... i can kinda see how some other people might really enjoy it, but for me, the gameplay just really didn't do it for me.

EDIT: also, the climbover button is annoying as hell, and just doesn't work well. even my friend who came over and tried the demo was annoyed with it

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Just finished the entire campaign and had a ton of fun. Pausing mid-battle to check what skillshots to get next? What the fuck? Just be creative. I never once checked that damn list, figuring stuff out on your own is 299292944839 times more fun and keeps the game going at the fast pace it was meant at. Dayum.