Bulletstorm Trailer Kicks Us Into an Exploding Cactus

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
FactualSquirrel said:
It was from People Can Fly, it was bound to be absolutely mental with stupid guns.

Who's gonna complain?
Kenjitsuka said:
People can Fly is a superb developer!
Even Yahtzee loved Painkiller ;)
POLISH POWER! POLISH POWER!

;d Looks damn awesome. Finally an FPS with lots of explosions, guns, proper physics (i.e. fun, not realistic) and destructible environment.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
So Zeno Clash meets Borderlands with more insanity and more frantic violence? When can I pre-order this?

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Abedeus said:
FactualSquirrel said:
It was from People Can Fly, it was bound to be absolutely mental with stupid guns.

Who's gonna complain?
Kenjitsuka said:
People can Fly is a superb developer!
Even Yahtzee loved Painkiller ;)
POLISH POWER! POLISH POWER!

;d Looks damn awesome. Finally an FPS with lots of explosions, guns, proper physics (i.e. fun, not realistic) and destructible environment.
Agreed.

I wonder how many people here would have no idea who they were without Yahtzee.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Ekonk said:
Yeah, I know. That could be awesome, but also repetitive if not mixed with different types of enemies, settings, environmental hazards/conditions, weapons, et cetera. And so far the only things I've seen are guys with guns as enemies, a deserted paradise-town as a setting, and cactusses as environmental hazards. And of course the exploding barrels. If that's all than it is going to get boring very quickly. Then again, it's just a short trailer.
And kicking. Seriously, why all the kicking? Is that essential to get the highest scores? Do I have to kick every single thing before I shoot it? That's not stylish, it's just stale. I'll wait for more info and hope for some other melee options to add to combos than just a boot to the face.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008

Wow, I have alot of opportunities to use Tristan today!

OT: THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! People Can Fly have clearly looked at Modern Warfare, and said "Lets make a game which is nothing like that." Then they proceeded to play Devil May Cry and do drugs until BulletStorm Emerged.

Calumon: o_O Too... Much... info...

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Looks intriguing! Like Borderlands, but with more elegant combat. This game sort of flew under the radar the past couple of months, but I'd be pleased to see if it's at least as good as Borderlands was, if not more so.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Seems like boatloads of fun, but...

...is it just me, or do the lead character models look completely uninteresting?

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Now, normally I can't stand playing FPS's but God damnit that trailer makes me want to play it! So many interesting-looking ways to kill peeps...

Looks like a good time.

Warstratigier

Mar 28, 2009
I get the feeling there is some painkiller touch in the guns...I mean the gun in the end looks like it shoots bear traps....that explodes.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Okay, I can see how the meeting for the development of this trailer might have gone.

People Can Fly CEO: "Alright, people, listen up. I've installed a seismograph in my office. I want this trailer to make jaws hit the floor so hard that it registers. Get to work."

And, well... *thud*

People Can Fly have proven that they can handle frantic old-school shootery goodness. It looks like they've gnawed on the likes of Borderlands and the MW series; let's hope they can distill that down into some extra-awesome gameplay. Gunplay juggle combos? I'm all for it!

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
"I think I just shat myself."-cookie for original reference

This is like if Mass effect and Gears of War had a child together. Freakin awesome.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Looks fun. I love creative killing... But then again.. It's not creative if the developers already thought of it... Noooooooo!

I'd play it, especially since it has no technicolor cellshading graphics to make me hurl.