Bullshit!

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
So so many bullshit moments, I'd like to say it's just because we get into the games so much but really it's just sometimes the game decides, fuck it I want to hurt you today.

My most recent Bullshit moment was playing Battlefield, bloody defenders in our attacking spawn... We still got the objective but I couldn't help being stuck in a loop of death with the rest of my squad.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Klagermeister said:
Julianking93 said:
the infamous "ending" to Super Ghouls and Ghosts. It's even worse than "Our princess is in another castle"
Oh god... Don't even remind me of that.
I shouted "BULLSHIT!" when I reached that part and realized I had to go back to the beginning.
My parents heard it. I explained why to them, and they understood.
Luckily I beat the game later that day, but still...
When I got to that the first time, I actually refused to play anymore.

I threw down the controller and just shouted "FUCK THAT BULLSHIT!!!" and left.

I eventually beat it, but still...

^=ash=^

Sep 23, 2009
In MW2 when you kill someone, keep walking and they've spawned infront of you just around the next corner. Payback to them and raaaaaaaage to me.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Dante from DMC 4 on Dante Must Die difficulty. I don't care who you are, what game you're playing, or what difficulty mode you're running, Dante is the single most obnoxious boss from anything ever. Stunlock attacks? Check. One-hit kills? Yep. All the weapons you unlocked on the previous playthroughs? You know it.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Well back when i played MW2 it made me call Bullshit every hour or so, but everyone who played knows that so i won't elaborate.

The by far worst Bullshit! moment ever are in San Andreas. Both me and some of my friends have had planes crash on top of us while driving on the highway near the large mountain. You absolutely cannot defend yourself from it, and the whole notion of a plane dropping are so random that you do aboslutely not expect it.

Just imagine having to replay 2 hours because a plane randomly crashed on your car. That's a crystal clear FUUUU- moment.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Prince of Persia 2008 - the Concubine

Bullshit attacks that knock you down and get priority even if you attacked first

Hit you again as you get up and before you have a chance to counter

Blackens out the screen and hits you while you can't fucking see (WTF Ubisoft)

Regains 2/3 of her health if you screw up once...

...and then you have to do it all over again five times.

Melancholy_Ocelot

Feb 2, 2009
Playing KoToR II

Made it to the last planet but I didn't clear out all of the high level enemies. I just made a mad dash to the Sith Academy.

Unfortunately I forgot that you take control of the Bau-Durs tiny, piss ant, worthless, remote. I had to revert to a far older save file and kill everything on Malachor 5.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
well playing mario kart double dash and i am on the second to last lap of the All Tour Cup,
when i am speeding for the finish line (daisy's cruiser track) a fucking blue shell hits me right before i go over the finish.
i recover and the moment i am ready to drive and win the match......all of a sudden fucking BOWSER and DK ram my ass with a turbo boost!
AND THEY WIN! RUINING MY PERFECT SCORE!!! RAAAAAAAAAAGE and rampant BULLSHIT!

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPS!

phew......got that out of my system.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
Supreme Commander. I slip my nuclear armed submarines close to the enemies island and i fire off the payload of 3 warheads. 1 is shot down which i expected. One flies off the map and the third lands in the middle of my base destroying about 85% of it and 60% of my forces. One of my allies is already almost destroyed from a simmalar incident when the nuke he fired detonated as it left the silo destroying everything except is acu and his small ass navy and my other ally is fighting off all 3 enemy computers on his own because me and my other ally are nearly destroyed. The computer fires 5 nukes and each one lands on it's target. One on me, one on my crippled ally and 3 on my now destroyed but was valiently holding them off ally. Bull freaking shit.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Aiden_the-Joker1 said:
I was playing mass effect again recently. I played with auto save on and continued playing everything was fine until I died fighting matriarch Benezia, I wasn't really bothered by it until I realised that the game never auto saved in the past four hours I had to load it back to the last auto save that worked and do it all again.
I know! I finally got around to playing that game, and the first thing that struck me (in addition to how much combat sucks early on in the game) was how few the auto-saves are. I mean, if you're going to have an auto-save system in your game, then you should use it!! This way just sucks.

Despite that, I really did love the game once I got past the first 3 hours or so. I still like number two a bit better...

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Zeromaeus said:
I can't think of anything to say other than being unable to kill Ocelot in MGS3. I tried many times. Every chance I got.

BTW, I love that show...
ninja'd I tend to scream bullshit when someone takes a joke out from under me, or when I literally fall out of a game's world and plunge into endless darkness without the ability to save.

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
Chamale said:
I had a 55-battle winning streak in Battle Tower in Pokemon Heartgold, playing co-op with a friend. The better you do, the more the RNG cheats to favour the AI.

Gyarados used Waterfall (100% accuracy)! Gyarados' attack missed!
Torterra used Leaf Storm (90% accuracy)! Torterra's attack missed!
The foe's Aerodactyl used Thunder Fang (95% accuracy)! Critical hit (5% chance)!
Gyarados fainted!
The foe's Dugtrio used Magnitude! Magnitude 10 (5% chance)! Critical hit (5% chance)!
Torterra fainted.

Go, Alakazam!
Go, Machamp!

Alakazam used Psychic (100% accuracy)! Alakazam's attack missed!
Dugtrio used Magnitude! Magnitude 10 (5% chance)! Critical hit (5% chance) on Machamp!

Machamp fainted!
Alakazam fainted!

The random-number generator in the Battle Frontier is coded to cheat in favour of the AI. I've never seen it act so blatantly, though.
Yeah something similar kept happening to me involving a magneton and a sharpedo. It seems that whenever that fucking sharpedo comes out and uses swagger, I get to lose my streak, because i have a fucking 0% chance or something to not punch myself in the face and kill myself off.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Last level of Heli Assault on Saints Row 2 - I'd just spent nigh-on 10 minutes chasing an inept drug dealer and his would-be assassins through the city, avoiding skyscrapers and stray missiles as appropriate, and we were coming up to the last stop.
Suddenly, the van pulls over.
"We're outta fuel!"
ME: "What."
"Can 'chu pick us up?"
ME: "Double what."
As it happened 'picking them up' was a literal instruction: I had to lower the helicopter skids to a VERY PRECISE level off the ground - maybe 10 feet high or so - which they then superjump'd onto and held on. My task from there was to slowly drop them off at a hospital for some reason.
Taking off? Yes. Blowing shit up? Hell yes. Landing? Maybe, on a good day. But landing exactly 10 feet away from heavy traffic in a built-up urban district? Not a fucking chance.
My attack chopper suddenly veered into the hospital which then, ironically, was responsible for my death. The titular expletive was hence screamed.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Jak 3 during the first race with the lizard things. "Oh you're about to win, we can't have that. Now let's attack you with our invisible damaging-and-stopping-you-for-3-seconds-lazer devices."

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
Saint's Row II. You're on a boat. You need to chase another boat. And Dodge an attack chopper. I call foul!
Also the police station chopper escape was lamecakes.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
My brother was playing a spec ops mission in Modern Warfare 2 in which you must kill 10 juggernauts to win. I didn't think it would be that hard for him until I saw that juggernauts could take several rockets to the face without dying. What kind of realistic military shooter has a foot solider that's tougher than a tank?

The couple of missions in Saints Row 2 where you have to fight Attack Helicopters. (I believe they are mentioned in the post above this one.) They can fly pretty fast and have one hit kill heat-seeking missiles. Unless you have a heat-seeking rocket launcher.. you're screwed.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
Seth on Street Fighter 4, you take the 1st win then all of a sudden he becomes impossible to block, uses cheap moves and manages to get 2 victories back to back without you causing much damage.

I've played quite a few racing games too where, from a 5-10 second lead all of a sudden the AI cars come back and beat you over the finish. This is probably worst in Mario Kart Wii, I've called bullshit on those blue shells and lazer accurate green shells so many times.

Hurray Forums

Jun 4, 2008
SpaceJam89 said:
Armored Core for Answer there is one mission where its you and a crappy pilot vs four (five if your playing hard) other pilots. By the the time you shot 1 of them down your your already dead.
Screw that mission :(. I couldn't even carry enough ammo to kill them all because they dodge so much and you can't really stop to aim. Ended up having to go duel blades and slice them to pieces while dodging like a maniac. Even that took me a bazillion tries because trying to melee a robot flying around at 516541405 mph while in another robot flying around at 516541405 mph while his 4 robot buddies shoot a wall of missiles, lasers, and bullets at you is just insane.