Bumhug Parade #13

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
Not funny, but very good. "Emotionally stirring" is a phrase that comes to mind.

Also, Bach wrote a canon for 2 violins where the first violin plays the one melody, and the second part, played at the same time, is the first violin's part backwards.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Lesson to be learned: Don't be so quick to dismiss the idea of little miracles. They happen every day; all you have to do is look for them.

Amazing comic, this. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who felt a little sad at the end. I didn't always "get" Bumhug Parade, but I'm still sorry to see it end. So long, and thanks for all the fish funny.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
that was sad, it made me sad, i don't like it.

getting over my sadness.

it was a brilliant comic, i thought the last part was a little over the top, cut out the last two boxes and it would have been a little better in my opinion.

EDIT:
by the way, i am truly amazed by the progress you have made in only 13 strips, i really didn't care for the first couple of strips, but the last few have been awesome.

Leels

Feb 13, 2010
Ola,

Every other week your work has been nothing but a delight to see. Your style is unique, fun and most importantly, completely your own. Your beautiful artwork coupled with your great sense of humor is brilliant and enjoyable. I have looked through your website a number of times and I must say that your work as a whole is incredible. I'm so impressed by your experimentation and curiosity. That is so important as an artist.

I cannot think of a better way of you to leave the Sunday funnies. This comic is a perfect example of who you are as an artist. Work like this also gives me hope for the world of artists in general. You're a visionary which is something I feel a lot of people have forgotten about this day in age. Too many "artists" are too busy making art for the sake of making art as oppose to just making art as a result of being engaged with the world. While you have the sense of humor to make quick little poop jokes, you also have the capacity for work with deep thought that can leave your viewers in awe. As an artist myself (student at the time) I can't tell you how much I appreciate the rare moments like this. I'm actually quite jealous of your ability to communicate so clearly though your work. I hope that one day I'll be lucky enough to be able to do the same even half as well.

I've always felt that if you want to make something great you have to make it your own. Your comic has been a perfect example of this for the past 6 months. Especially since I feel that mine has been turning into another random comic that could easily be thrown into the pile of Penny Arcade and CAD.
I'm sad to see you go, but I'm glad that you decided to do it this way.
I wish you the best of success for your work in the future. I'm sure you're going to do great things.

Cheers
LeeLee

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
For once I give this comic props. That was one of the most touching web comic's I've had the pleasure of reading. Very well done!

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Someone's been reading A Lesson Is Learned... [http://www.alessonislearned.com/]

I kid, but I've always felt like Bumhug has had a lot of influences in comics I have enjoyed, and this one felt a lot like part of one of their comics. Very sentimental but in a sort of bizarre way... Anyways, it's great! This is my favorite of these extra comics, I'm glad The Escapist didn't go with just one.

Edit: Wow, I didn't realize that the Sunday funnies were ending! I just read the comics and had to post a comment, but then I noticed someone said it was the last one and then I read your little message on the main post... Dang, it's a shame, but now that I have your site bookmarked I'll be checking it out for more stuff! Thanks for the good times!

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Wow, that was a lot deeper than I was expecting. Kinda took me by surprise there. And it makes the fact that it was your last comic here at the Escapist all the more a shame in my eyes. I'll check out your site though, you've really piqued my interest.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
That was nice. It reminds me a lot of the style of Juan Santapau's Secret Knots [http://www.thesecretknots.com/].

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I... uh... wow. Hell of a series finale. That was a surprisingly great comic!

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I spent that entire strip waiting for it to turn back into Bumhug Parade, but it worked out well anyway.

Thanks for doing these, and good luck with whatever else you do :)