Bumhug Parade #13

The Random One

May 29, 2008
That was excellent. This was and remains my favourite comic on the Escapist, and unlike others that I shall not name I'm sad to see it go. I'll definitively be following your website. Good luck.

Truehare

Nov 2, 2009
This... this is... just...

Hold on a second, let me catch my breath.

Ok. Bumhug Parade has been steadily growing into my favorite Sunday Funny (it had a headstart, of course). I just love the chaos of it all, the way no two strips are even remotely alike, the completely different art styles, the surreal silliness of most of the stories... And then, out of the blue, comes this swan song, this poetic goodbye, so different in tone from the rest of the series and yet so alike in the experimental feel it has all over.

I can only thank you, Ola. I'm gonna miss your comic, especially now that I've seen how broad its universe really is.

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
EVERYTHING pales in comparison to Bumhug Parade. Everything even related to this series is phenomenal.

The Journey

Jul 12, 2010
Lysgaard said:
And with that, Bumhug Parade is done!
Thanks for all the kind words, guys. If you want to see more stuff by me, check out my website olalys.com [www.olalys.com], there is a lot of drawings there, but not that many comics yet. I'll try to translate some of the stuff I got lying around one of these days.
It's been a good run.

-Ola Lysgaard
This strip was touching and not what I expected at all, leaving me all the sadder for the fact that it's the last one. Good luck for the future and kudos for such a great run and fantastic send off.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Very nice.

Reminds me of the Aborigonal creation myth where greater beings named their creation through song. After they went to sleep the people needed to sing those songs lest the parts they describe will be undone from reality. Thus giving man not ownership of the Earth, but rather the responsibility for it.

That fascinated the heck out of me the first time I heard that (from the Planetary comic btw) and so does this.

The comic could've been more consice perhaps but it is a very potent piece indeed.

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
That was really nice, if a little sad! Very touching :)

I'm a soppy soul, now I'm going to have to straighten myself out after reading that. Back to work! *sniff*