Bungie Day fail

Benefactor

Jul 5, 2010
tehbeard said:
OP, they bought back Blood Gulch.

What more could you want from Bungie and Reach?
Spoiler Alert: Not much else.

I thought I was done with Halo after I played ODST and found myself not enjoying it, but Reach looks pretty amazing. Then again some of my college friends who are your stereotypical FPS fans are probably making me more excited for it than I should be.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
BGH122 said:
You're talking about the company that paved the way for mass micro-payments with their map packs and you're surprised they aren't being good to their fans? Bungie have never given a hoot about the fans.
I wouldn't exactly call 20 bucks for 6 maps (most of which are re-makes) "micro payments". More like cash grabs. Other than that detail I agree with you, I can't recall anybody else doing this buy new maps bullshit until Bungie came along

firemark

Sep 8, 2009
Ok, so I really want to know if that's a real armor ability, because clearly some of the other stuff in there is fake; Sarge carrying the flag while using a jetpack is one example. Plus what would you do with it aside from scout? It seems kind of odd and too easy to fake for the sake of the video. But if not that's pretty original! Also:

darthzew said:
They brought back THAT map?!?! I LOVE YOU, BUNGIE!!
Yes, THANK YOU BUNGIE! You made it BIGGER!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
They brought back Blood Gulch and made it bigger. What more do you fucking want?

Calumon: I want Cake!

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
Trivun said:
Ummmmmm, the countless books and other spinoffs of Halo, that have only ever been produced for the fans (and indeed by the fans, they specifically spoke to fans of the series in their respective fields to do the books, comics, anime, etc,...)? The same company who almost single-handedly kept the original support for XBL for Halo 2 alive for as long as they could?

I'm sorry, but if you think Bungie don't care about their fans, then you're pretty damn ignorant.
Yes, as I said above, I am quite ignorant regarding Bungie and Halo since neither really tickle my fancy.

Trivun said:
No offence meant to you, but Bungie do care deeply about their fans, and with regards to the microtransaction thing, they are by no means the only company to do so. Indeed, you're basically calling them out for doing what companies are supposed to do, which is make money. That doesn't mean they don't give a damn about the fans.
No, this wasn't my point; please don't distort my arguments. I stated that Bungie lead the way in microtransactions. It is for this reason that I call them out. I did not say 'Bungie use microtransactions and so do other companies therefore Bungie are bad', they are bad because before their map packs paved the way for this greedy and immoral business practice there were no microtransactions in mainstream gaming. Now, rather than release full, free updates to games companies only release new content, regardless of how pithy or insignificant, for an overpriced fee. This was Bungie's doing and only they could have made it mainstream since back when they did so (Halo 2, back when I still trusted them somewhat and played their games) they were the only mainstream game with that kind of fanbase.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
What the heck is a Bungie day, and why is it expected of them to give everybody a gift on that day? It's like going to your friends birthday and saying "Now where the f*** is my present?"

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
BGH122 said:
You're talking about the company that paved the way for mass micro-payments with their map packs and you're surprised they aren't being good to their fans? Bungie have never given a hoot about the fans.
Yeah, but neither does Valve, I guess.

Patton662

Apr 4, 2010
So basically you just want free shit for no reason because you say so? Why would Bungie have their day anyway ? There isn't an Activision day or a Valve day so why Bungie ?

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Wow TC COMPLETELY missed the point. Bungie have given us blood gulch back! BLOOD FUCKING GULCH! I could not be happier about that.

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
rockingnic said:
BGH122 said:
Yeah, but neither does Valve, I guess.
Probably true, but that's not really what's being debated.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Remember: today up until July 6th next year is the official Geldonyetich day, an important annual holiday.

Flame Sama

Mar 3, 2010
PoliceBox63 said:
So for the second year in a row Bungie fail to give their fans any sweet free goodies in honour of B-Day. No Gpics, no themes. Sad face. What's the problem, Bungie? All they did to even acknowledge B-Day was a stupid RvB video which frankly wasn't very entertaining and a "thank you" to 7th Column. Well "thank you" too Bungie... -_-

It's shows that they care, they didn't HAVE TO do anything and instead could have let us keep speculating. Instead they reveal new weapons and features.

Oh and you know, that map that's been requested to return since Halo: CE came out.

And to the people trying to be smartasses about it, a lot of Bungie stories and game elements center around the number seven. Seven Halo rings, 343 Guilty Spark (7^3), 2401 Penitent Tangent (7^4), etc. So Bungie finds 07/07-July 7th, to be special. A few Bungie Days ago they released Cold Storage for free on Bungie Day, and that was the seventh downloadable map to be released. (For more Seven references in Halo: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_"Seven"_References_in_Halo)

Taking it for granted that Bungie has to give you free swag for the occasion is making you the badguy, not them.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
PoliceBox63 said:
So for the second year in a row Bungie fail to give their fans any sweet free goodies in honour of B-Day. No Gpics, no themes. Sad face. What's the problem, Bungie? All they did to even acknowledge B-Day was a stupid RvB video which frankly wasn't very entertaining and a "thank you" to 7th Column. Well "thank you" too Bungie... -_-

This is the first time ever I heard someone else for gifts on THEIR birthday. Besides, they don't HAVE to give you anything. In fact, for this behavior, they shouldn't get you anything.

You're like a spoiled brat, not content with what is given to you with no expenses made by you.

Greedy bastard.

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
PoliceBox63 said:

I think they gave you whiners quite enough, they gave you some massive info on the new map, and you act like its nothing.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
Dfskelleton said:
What the heck is a Bungie day, and why is it expected of them to give everybody a gift on that day? It's like going to your friends birthday and saying "Now where the f*** is my present?"
Simply because of tradition. They always give out free avatars and/or xbox dashboard themes, last year they gave a map, last-last year a map pack became free, or something. Yeah, shit goes down on the 7th of the 7th, but not this year apparently.