Bungie Won't Leave Halo: Reach Players in the Cold

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
While I find the Halo series to be above average, I have to admit that Bungie is very good with their online community. They seem to care about what their community says. I respect any gaming developer that actually cares about what the gamers think.

imgunagitusucka

Apr 20, 2010
Bungie couldn't stop M$ from canning halo2's online MP and won't be able to stop them from canning H3 and H:Reach down the line. If M$ do decide to make a halo without bungie, why wouldn't they take out what would be direct competition to their new game. "hey kids, a brand new halo(yaaaaaay!) and guess what, it's now the only halo!(WTF?!?)"

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Just like Harmonix said they weren't going to abandon GH2 for the 360. Expect one map pack from Bungie at most.

Of course the sheep believe everything Bungie's PR rep says.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
I don't think I get the point of the announcement... so they are saying that they are going to do the same thing for all big game releases from MS? I find it suspect that if this is going to be "the official" last Halo game to come out, why aren't they pushing that fact more in order to drive up pre-orders? I've heard the rumors about them revisiting the franchise in the future so I'm not sure why they are making statements about Reach being the last game.
So what is the rumor mill about the new project from Bungie? Obviously it won't be a Halo MMO since we know that would pretty well stink. As long as they aren't putting Master Chief armor DLC in WoW, then more power to them.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
GodKlown said:
I don't think I get the point of the announcement... so they are saying that they are going to do the same thing for all big game releases from MS? I find it suspect that if this is going to be "the official" last Halo game to come out, why aren't they pushing that fact more in order to drive up pre-orders? I've heard the rumors about them revisiting the franchise in the future so I'm not sure why they are making statements about Reach being the last game.
So what is the rumor mill about the new project from Bungie? Obviously it won't be a Halo MMO since we know that would pretty well stink. As long as they aren't putting Master Chief armor DLC in WoW, then more power to them.
Bungie don't own Halo anymore, they can't do anything with Halo or any trademarks therein unless Microsoft says they can, and they've just entered a ten year publishing deal with Activision. Hypothetically, Microsoft could ask them to make a new Halo game in the future, but I doubt Bungie is going to be doing much Microsoft-exclusive work while they're connected to Activision.

If you don't think that this being Bungie's last Halo game hasn't been hyped, I am wondering what exactly you are using to post here that is so different from the internet I am using.
Also, bear in mind we don't even have a release date yet and we're probably still at least four months away.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
FUCK!

I'm glad for Bungie and all but it hadn't sunk in that Bungie won't be working on the return of Master Chief...

Goddamn it! So much bad news today...THQ creator dies, the Chief will never return to his true glory...

(I don't have a Xbox, but the Chief is one of my favourite Protagonists and when he does come back into the fray in about 3 years time, it should be in style and well done.)

real life potato

Jul 7, 2009
Teddy Roosevelt said:
Stubee said:
Why do pieces of shit like FF and Zelda get a bajillion sequels and we get stuck with only 4 Halo games :( That makes me a saaaaaaad panda
The Zelda franchise is amazing, that's why, save Wind Waker. I don't regard that game very highly at all, but in the case of Ocarina of Time, that game is the highest rated of all, so using the only universal rating system in existence (I know it's pretty a pretty crappy system of comparing every single game, but it's all we've got) it is the best game ever. Adding opinions to that, it's still impossible for it to be a bad or sucky game in the eyes of anyone with credibility toward his opinion.

Also, old timey graphics isn't a legitimate arguement. Visual quality is different from the fun of the gameplay, a fact a commonly disregarded and as such has led to games like Modern Warfare 2, a game that, like Charles Dickens' Great Expectations, fell way short.
Ocarina of Time is EASILY one of the best games in the history of gaming. Halo, however.... I can see Halo being rated highly, but after that, the Halo series de-evolved into the same tactics, the same shooting styles. Nothing really developed out of it. Sure, there's Halo Wars, and there will soon be Reach, but how far can this franchise go? Why can't they let it die a graceful death?

sam13lfc

Oct 29, 2008
That's why I love Bungie, they care loads about their fans and games. But I DESPISE Activision. Hopefully Bungie can bring some awesome to them though.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
real life potato said:
Teddy Roosevelt said:
Stubee said:
Why do pieces of shit like FF and Zelda get a bajillion sequels and we get stuck with only 4 Halo games :( That makes me a saaaaaaad panda
The Zelda franchise is amazing, that's why, save Wind Waker. I don't regard that game very highly at all, but in the case of Ocarina of Time, that game is the highest rated of all, so using the only universal rating system in existence (I know it's pretty a pretty crappy system of comparing every single game, but it's all we've got) it is the best game ever. Adding opinions to that, it's still impossible for it to be a bad or sucky game in the eyes of anyone with credibility toward his opinion.

Also, old timey graphics isn't a legitimate arguement. Visual quality is different from the fun of the gameplay, a fact a commonly disregarded and as such has led to games like Modern Warfare 2, a game that, like Charles Dickens' Great Expectations, fell way short.
Ocarina of Time is EASILY one of the best games in the history of gaming. Halo, however.... I can see Halo being rated highly, but after that, the Halo series de-evolved into the same tactics, the same shooting styles. Nothing really developed out of it. Sure, there's Halo Wars, and there will soon be Reach, but how far can this franchise go? Why can't they let it die a graceful death?
Mhmm, Halo has become repetitive while Zelda is still the greatest series of games in the history of games. So how's that water temple, collected the master sword yet, assembled the triforce, ready to fight Ganon? Now since you know so much about Zelda, tell me which game I just described.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Silver Patriot said:
duchaked said:
(R.I.P. Infinity Ward...)
I find this funny considering the name of their new company. (It's Respawn)
yeah I know... hopefully what's left of IW can get their bonuses and escape

and fingers crossed that Respawn gets the Modern Warfare license

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
HG131 said:
Nurb said:
Will it be a full game or a full priced expansion?
Full game with MP, Full campaign, Forge, Theater, Customs and (maybe) Firefight.
And somehow they outdid all expectations.

Full Campagain, Multiplayer, Theater, Custom Games, Firefight, Firefight Verses [http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1106753p1.html], Forge, Forge World [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCcmrL29WII].

duchaked said:
Silver Patriot said:
duchaked said:
(R.I.P. Infinity Ward...)
I find this funny considering the name of their new company. (It's Respawn)
yeah I know... hopefully what's left of IW can get their bonuses and escape

and fingers crossed that Respawn gets the Modern Warfare license
Here's hoping. I think Respawn could do a lot more with it. Besides Activision originally didn't want it anyway [http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2009/10/07/activision-didn-t-want-modern-warfare/1], so why should they have it now that it is popular?

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
Timbydude said:
Halo, Final Fantasy, and Zelda are ALL amazing series. Does it really matter which one each person thinks is better?
Let's all give CoD the smacking it rightly deserves tallyho!