Bungie's Break from Microsoft Sets Up "World Domination" Push

DiscoAtThePanic

Sep 3, 2010
John Funk said:
DiscoAtThePanic said:
Having not been a fan of Halo, I had not paid too much attention to Bungie leaving Microsoft, but to move to Activision? When has Bobby K ever been willing to give a studio freedom when its much more fun to break and ruin them?
Being owned by a publisher =/= working with a publisher.

Bungie was owned by Microsoft. Bungie has a partnership contract with Activision.

Do you really not understand the difference?
How many lawsuits has Activision had with people that have just done business with them over the last few years? And Don't get trollish, Johnny. You set a bad example.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
DiscoAtThePanic said:
John Funk said:
DiscoAtThePanic said:
Having not been a fan of Halo, I had not paid too much attention to Bungie leaving Microsoft, but to move to Activision? When has Bobby K ever been willing to give a studio freedom when its much more fun to break and ruin them?

Bungie was owned by Microsoft. Bungie has a partnership contract with Activision.

How many lawsuits has Activision had with people that have just done business with them over the last few years? And Don't get trollish, Johnny. You set a bad example.
I'm just saying that knee-jerk reactions are hardly impartial. Bungie bought itself freedom from a major publisher before. Do you really think that it would so willingly clamp shackles around its own wrists again? You can bet that Bungie's lawyers were going over contracts with fine-toothed combs.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
How is this news? I'm pretty sure they said that in their end game credits for Halo 3.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Bungie Staff: Gee Brain, what do you wanna do tonight?
Brian J: The same thing we do every night Bungie. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
Bungie Staff: NARFF

FoxyStig

Aug 28, 2009

*crossesfingers*
c'mon, bungie! Make another Marathon game!
This guy's cooler than the Master Chief!

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
DiscoAtThePanic said:
John Funk said:
DiscoAtThePanic said:

I agree with you, I love Bungie, and I hate to think of the possibility of them getting screwed over like Infinity Ward.

goodwithwords08

Jul 8, 2009
Well Bungie has a lot of other video game companies to go through including my own (insert evil laugh)

*cough cough* sorry about that but in all reality I really respect Bungie and to be honest it was Bungie that inspired me to start my own video game company

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
Avayu said:
I see an army of 13 year old Halo-fans. The world is doomed!

In all seriousness, the man either has a strange sense of humour or had a little bit awkward choice of words. Or it is really true ...
.............I have trained all my life for that moment.....I WILL PIMP SMACK A LITTLE KID!!!!

Canadian Briton

May 1, 2010
Hah! they can try to combat my Robot gorilla army, but they will never stop my doomsday rocket! If I can't have the earth then noone can!

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
DiscoAtThePanic said:
Oh, Nevermind, its Tom so he won't mention anything bad about activision.
Of course not, Bobby Kotick is my uncle.
... I'm sorry...

OT: Erm, good for them I guess? Hard for me to really think/say anything else when I don't care much for Bungie or Microsoft (and their, "if it ain't broke, we need to break" it theory of application developement. Yes, I'm look at you Office 2007) and growing to hate Activision more and more over the past few years.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Kalezian said:
CosmicCommander said:
Don't worry, the foundations of the resistance movement are already in place...

....Wait... Oh... I forgot, Jack Thompson was disbarred...

...Oh well, civilization as we know it is doomed.
not really, in fighting between the CoD-tards and the Halosers over which is a better game will weaken their defenses, thats when the Barbie Horse Adventures Special Operations Team will dismantel Bungie and Activision.

Our future is in safe......hands.........I guess..........
you know not everyone that plays those games is a dumb tosser that insists one is better than the other. I actuallly enjoy both franchises equally (MW2&Halo Wars not withstanding)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I am sure they can do great on there own too! They an epic stuido, with some great titles, well, series behind them

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Jiefu said:
I, for one, welcome our new teabagging overlords.

This idea of taking over the world goes back a long time. Way before Halo if I remember correctly.