Burned Alive During 18th Birthday

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
This piece of shit gets three years for setting a kid on fire, killing him, and those two football shitheads only get a year in juvie after gang raping that girl and bragging about it? What the fuck is up with the criminal justice system?

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
krazykidd said:
SecretNegative said:
If he set another guy on fire adn got 3,5 years and the minimum for manslaughter is five years...what?

I really can't tell if 3.5 years is long enough, since I've never been to a prison in my whole life, or even met a criminal (or atleast, someone who said they were a criminal).

Prison is about rehabilitation, and if he can rehabilitate in 3.5 years, then it's long enough.
Yeah but , rehabilitation from what? It's a prank gone wrong . An accident if you will . You know teenagers , dumb as bricks . I blame Jackass . Anyways . I think this is fair . It was an accident , but the fact that he fled from the scene , instead of , you know , doing something is punishable by law ( as far as i know ) .

Also , while iv'e never been to prison , 3 years is a long time . People don't seem to realise that .
Maybe you and I were reading different stories but the one I read a group of kids crashed his party, made him strip naked, wrote stuff on him and lit his groin on fire.

They probably weren't intending on killing him but it's not a prank. This was some pretty harsh bullying.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Frankly, I think the guy should be stripped naked, have hateful slurs written on his body, get sprayed in oil, be lit on fire, and then have everyone nearby run off.

It's only fair.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I think I'd like to see this from a less sketchy source. While either way this is a terrible thing, it's clear the media is wanting to tell a story and at this point they have no evidence to prove their narrative has any truth to is. I'll admit writing taunts on somebody, covering them in oil, and lighting their crotch on fire seems like a terrible thing to do to someone on their birthday, but stranger things have happened and there's no use ruining two lives because we wanted to be the first ones to vilify this kid.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
krazykidd said:
SecretNegative said:
If he set another guy on fire adn got 3,5 years and the minimum for manslaughter is five years...what?

I really can't tell if 3.5 years is long enough, since I've never been to a prison in my whole life, or even met a criminal (or atleast, someone who said they were a criminal).

Prison is about rehabilitation, and if he can rehabilitate in 3.5 years, then it's long enough.
Yeah but , rehabilitation from what? It's a prank gone wrong . An accident if you will . You know teenagers , dumb as bricks . I blame Jackass . Anyways . I think this is fair . It was an accident , but the fact that he fled from the scene , instead of , you know , doing something is punishable by law ( as far as i know ) .

Also , while iv'e never been to prison , 3 years is a long time . People don't seem to realise that .
You both DO realize he died right? They covered him in tanning oil and BURNT HIM TO DEATH.

"Sheard later tried to claim the vulnerable teenager set himself alight.
He eventually admitted starting the fire but claimed it was horseplay gone wrong."

He was bullied into stripping naked and had tanning oil poured over him. They then lit him on fire. And his excuse for murder is "Oh We were just messing around". I'm sorry I cannot fathom how the two of you could be ok with a 3.5 year sentence.

The guy bullied and then killed him.

Sep 14, 2009
so essentially it goes down to the kid being bullied and burned ALIVE on his birthday?

I think i'm gonna be sick, that is fucking horrible, I do not feel 3.5 years is enough to show this man how horrible of a thing this was, this was beyond murder.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
krazykidd said:
3 years is a long time. It's tough to say if that's a sufficient time, however.

Plus, as there's a lot of Americans on this site, you'll see a lot of punishment fetishists.

DrunkenMonkey

Sep 17, 2012
SecretNegative said:

Just to clarify, the U.S. prison system's primary goal is not rehabilitation, it's primary goal is to keep people incarcerated and out of the public. It should be rehabilitation but it's not, because, 3.5 years is just enough time for the kid to ruin his life and fall into the crimonogenic effect, where the odds are that he will be back to prison will be high enough.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
I'm 100 percent for sending this kid to jail for three and a half years at the very least...

Normally, I'm against excessively harsh bullying punishments, but a 20 year old guy lighting an 18 year old asperger's kid on fire (even by mistake) and then not helping him deserves to serve at least a fucking nickle.

This is quite literally one of the most fucked up things I've ever heard in my life.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
I don't know. I'm familiar with the criminal sentencing process and I still think three and half years for manslaughter is too low.

There must have been mitigating factors that the media aren't aware of. The only other answer is that the judge was incredibly lenient.

Edit: Okay, I read a bit about it and it seems like the guy entered a guilty plea. There was obviously some sort of plea bargaining going on.

That's still pretty messed up, but for different reasons.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Maybe someone will light him on fire in jail. You know, just as a prank. I'm shocked that he got so little time in jail for killing someone in such a horrible way when it looks like a serious hate crime, not a joke-gone-wrong.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
That's beyond fucked up. On the kids fucking birthday no less. Christ, how do you accidentally set someone on fire?

Death Penalty. Only fair thing.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Guh, that's beyond disgusting...just everything about it. Killing somebody on their 18th party because he's fucking different to you? And with fucking fire, which I can only imagine is an incredibly painful way to go, then fucking running away, trying to blame the victim....and only getting 3 and a half years? I don't even know. I can't comprehend how people can be this sick in the head and have no or little remorse for an action like this. I'm very flustered right now >=/

Newby_Newb

Jul 8, 2010
What kind of fucked up court would only give this person 3.5 years?

He should have been charged with much more than that.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
SlaveNumber23 said:
krazykidd said:
It's a prank gone wrong . An accident if you will .
Come on, according to the news story the guy and his buddies crashed this poor autistic kid's 18th birthday, made him strip naked, wrote all kinds of homophobic crap all over his body and then held a lighter to his groin, not to mention the piece of shit fled like a coward instead of trying to help when he realized what he'd done.

Sure they might have never intended to kill or harm him but in my eyes that is WAY too far for a prank and this piece of shit deserves to burn in hell, or at least be imprisoned for significantly longer than 3.5 years.
I'm going to have to agree with you on this matter 200%. No matter whether he intended to kill him or not, he certainly intended to both physically and emotionally harm that poor boy. This wasn't just schoolyard bullying, this was intented to be grievous physical harm at the least. And it ended up killing the victim.

As far as I'm concerned, the guy is a twisted, disgusting murderer and deserves nothing less than a life sentence. A sick fuck like that is only going to come out of prison ever more twisted than when he entered. And the poor family of the victim are going to have to know that the man that tortured and killed their son will be out on the streets again in less than four years.

This is a grievous miscarriage of justice and it makes me sick to the stomach that I have a share in the same gene pool that he oozed his way out of.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
soren7550 said:
This piece of shit gets three years for setting a kid on fire, killing him, and those two football shitheads only get a year in juvie after gang raping that girl and bragging about it? What the fuck is up with the criminal justice system?
DrunkenMonkey said:
Just to clarify, the U.S. prison system's primary goal is not rehabilitation, it's primary goal is to keep people incarcerated and out of the public. It should be rehabilitation but it's not, because, 3.5 years is just enough time for the kid to ruin his life and fall into the crimonogenic effect, where the odds are that he will be back to prison will be high enough.
It should be remembered that the US gained independance from British rule some 250 ish years ago, and is now a separate country with it's own legal system.

lSHaDoW-FoXl said:
In fact, here's what a prank is. A prank is covering someone in tar and chicken feathers. Not fire and oil. Seriously.
Back when "tar" was basically glue, yes. Nowdays tarring and feathering involves hot molten asphalt.

Yan007

Jan 31, 2011
Well that guy is lucky he didn't do this to someone close to me or in my family. Yes, 3.5 years is a long time, but it would be a long time for ME to wait for HIM to come out so I can resolve our misunderstanding, Saw-style.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
DrunkenMonkey said:
SecretNegative said:

This is the problem i have with our legal system. If he had a life sentance (Which he deserves, for taking somebody elses) He's not going to back to prison because he's staying in there. Sure, like you said if he's released chances are he is going to end up back in there, but how? Through being convicted for petty theft, or another hate related crime?

For the record, i'm all for the americans version of 'life'. Isn't it only 25-30 years over here? I remember seeing something about a guy that killed 3 people in the states and racked up 500 years.

Atrocious Joystick

May 5, 2011
latiasracer said:
DrunkenMonkey said:
SecretNegative said:

This is the problem i have with our legal system. If he had a life sentance (Which he deserves, for taking somebody elses) He's not going to back to prison because he's staying in there. Sure, like you said if he's released chances are he is going to end up back in there, but how? Through being convicted for petty theft, or another hate related crime?

For the record, i'm all for the americans version of 'life'. Isn't it only 25-30 years over here? I remember seeing something about a guy that killed 3 people in the states and racked up 500 years.
I'm not sure about the UK system so don't trust me on this. But I know over here in Sweden "life" is actually "prison for an undeterminate time" that can after ten years be made determined. Making most life sentences actually around 25-30 years. Perhaps the UK uses a similar system seeing as we are probably quite similar in many things?

But I agree with your view that this guy should have faced a life sentence or similar. I'm going to assume that this isn't a prank gone wrong as much as downright bullying gone wrong. Which means this probably was not the first encounter these two young men had. Which chalks it up to bullying and then a very gruesome murder, bordering on torture. Because yes, you should know that covering someone in oil and then setting them on fire will kill them. Choosing to do it anyway means murder, not manslaughter.