But all is not well in Hoofington (A MLP FiM Rp, 3 slots open, PM GM if interested.)

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
No stop yes you who's about to flame this thread stop right there, I know some of you don't like the show so you know what? don't watch the show and leave this RP alone.

Sorry about that.
anyways
In the town of Hoofington, a simple village with an orchard for food, and simple local shops, not much in the way of trade however far off there may or may not be a tunnel full of gemstones but the local unicorn has advised they avoid it, in case of powerful dangerous magic. however said unicorn has recently become a recluse, it usually wasn't uncommon to not see him but he'd be around at least 3 day a week. but he hasn't been around at all.
Hoofington is a town similar to Ponyvillle, except the name and none of the main characters are there and the mentioned mine of gems, there also isn't the Everfree forest, in fact that cave replaces the forest.
Name
Appearance
[img/][/img]
basic personality:

Character rules:
1:you can't be any of the mane cast from MLP you could take a design from one of the background characters.
2: Don't try to be a Pegasus and Unicorn cross, near as I can tell only very powerful royalty are like that
3: not much of a rule but with unicorns its very rare for unicorns to have a wide variety of magic, they usually only know a bit of magic, to help with what they do
4: no perfect all mighty, Mary Sue powers, omnipotence is boring

RP rules:
1: Your post should advance plot or character, and your post shouldn't completely negate the post above
2: all out of character posts should be in OOC spoilers if you don't know how to make one here's and example
copy this save it
3: you may partially control other characters in your posts but they must stay in character and your control is limited.
4: DO understand theres a level of soe story telling going on, but its not super serious, I want people who can understand yes this is all fun and stories.
5: No swearing, inappropriate actions, etc. good behavior, other wise you'll get in trouble and maybe kicked out I'm not mean tho, just remember to be decent, I don't lay down the banhammer for a few spelling errors.
6: on that note though do try to use decent grammar and spelling.
7: Have fun
8: absolutelt positively
[HEADING=1]NO SPAMMING[/HEADING]
http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904
useful tool for pony creation

I apologize if the story is vague bu all I really can tell is the setting and the first intrigue because the story is based off revealing events that happen

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
avouleance2nd said:
Interested
Might put something together.
Just to check what sort of power levels are you looking for in magic and also how diverse? Assuming I submit a unicorn that is.
power levels, it varies but you shouldn't be able to do any very powerful magic unless its helpful to your job/talent
Rarity can manipulate multiple objects as an example which was usefull since she usual;ly needs several things to be held when dress making.
most unicorns can move objects its a simple spell and almost anyone can do it.
as for diversity there's a good mix of each, it wa sfounded by earth ponies but the unicorns came for the gemstones and the pegasi to help with weather.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
...Eh, why not.

Name: Windsock
Appearance:

Consider the cutie mark to be a cream pie. I couldn't find a good enough image to import.

Basic Personality: Bright, cheery, and overbearing to the nth degree. He is always quite giddy, regardless of the situation, and everypony is going to notice. A bit dim, but makes up for it in sheer exuberance and determination.
Occupation: Mail pony, with work as a stand-up comedian in his free time.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Name:Speedie Prank

Basic Personality: A bit shy, but likes being paid attention to. When she starts working however, her shyness disappears and she can become a bit abrasive, if not downright mean. Nice, but loves pranks and jokes.

Cutie Mark: Twin lightning bolts, symbolizing her sometimes conflicting personalities and her love of the weather, especially storms.

Occupation: Weather Pony, family and local joke shop most of the rest of the time.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Name: Midnight-gaze
Appearance
[img/]http://oi47.tinypic.com/b4xqf5.jpg[/img]
Basic personality: A bit of a recluse, though while not exactly good with other ponies, this is mostly due to his habit of rambling on and on and on, though this isn't being inconsiderate, he just isn't good at reading emotions. he tends to get high strung the more stress the harder it is for him to calm down.
Occupation: Astronomer, he spends most of time in an observatory often talks to Pegasi to warn them of incoming storms, he also can supply magic herbs salves, and tonics that were picked at a certain lunar cycle giving them supernatural properties.
Cutie mark
A blue moon with an eye inside it, with five white stars inside it forming a pentagon: this represents his love of stars and his affiliation with magic.
Magic ability: He has a few spells a bit more than others like advanced telekinesis, teleportation or as he calls it blinking out, not spells but he does have Alchemical knowledge of herbs and potions, however his magic ability is hard to gage and some days he can do lots of magic the next he can barely conjure a spark. he has never expalined to anyone this making the excuse of being 'tired'

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Name: Bookworm
Appearance:

Basic Personality: Bookworm is eclectic on the best of days, using non-sequitur's in her speech and drawing inspiration for new writings on a daily basis. She tends to have her head buried in a book whenever feasible, and sometimes when it's a tad-bit dangerous such as when crossing streets. She is usually a reserved pony, but when she cuts loose (see below), this is not always the case. She is highly intelligent, but tends to make logical leaps that go over some pony's heads

Occupation: Author - Bookworm spends her time either sopenaed by her editor, DueDate, in a quiet room - writing, buried in research for her next story, or reading the latest works of her favorite authors (she is currently re-reading Harry Trotter and the Half-Blood Stallion) When the workload becomes too much and she feels the need to cut loose, she runs off to try something she has never done before so she can use the night as inspiration for her next story. She is currently writing a monthly story in The Canterlot Review - one chapter per month - called The Limit of Infinity (OOC: couldn't resist [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.376903-Limit-of-Infinity-A-Shadowrun-RP-Game-thread] ^_^) about a grand magical adventure in the big city of Sesaddle

Cutie Mark: Open book with stars shooting out

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
if we get the other two possible members character sheets I think we'll have enough to get started. I do hope this story gets to go forward I intend on going on an organic writing approach where the story has an end goal and a general direction but the PC's yourself make the story and your choices actually affect the world around you.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Name: Last Second

Personality: Though he's typically agreeable enough, it is rather easy to annoy Last, due mostly to his inordinately long list of pet-peeves. Nevertheless, he always tries to keep a smile, however sincere or fake it might be, on his face. Possesses a decent enough understanding of social norms, though he does have a tendency to wax sarcastic.

Occupation: Most certainly not a Guardian of Time. Nope, that's not his job at all. Who said Time needs protecting? Nopony, that's who. And don't you forget it. He's totally a, uh... Quill salespony! Yeah, he sells quills. And does nothing else.

Cutie Mark: A cracked, albeit still functioning, hourglass.

Magical Ability: Beyond the standard Unicorn tricks, such as telekinesis, Last really only has one special skill up his metaphorical sleeve: While his body remains planted firmly in the present, his mind permanently lives a full five seconds in the future, allowing Last to see and hear the world as it will be in a few heartbeats. Though such a time span is actually pretty useless when it comes to life-altering actions and decisions, it's been quite some time since Last stubbed a hoof or accidentally knocked over a vase.

Note: Despite being based on an idea for a Dr. Whooves fanfic, I'm fairly certain that Last is a far cry from an almighty Gary Stu. That said, if GM discretion demands it, I'm more than happy to retract him.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Pappytech said:
Character sheet upcoming. Give me a few minutes to actually write it.

Note: Despite being based on an idea for a Dr. Whooves fanfic, I'm fairly certain that Last is a far cry from an almighty Gary Stu. That said, if GM discretion demands it, I'm more than happy to retract him.
I don't see a problem, besides I've learned that unicorn magic isn't always unstoppable, one noteworthy moment is when Sweetie-belle slaps Rarity's horn canceling the levitation spell she was using to hide Sweetie belle's bag behind her back.
anyways I can also imagine being able to know 5 seconds in the future being disadvantageous, like say when someone tries to talk to him.

DragonofDecay86

Sep 26, 2009
Eh, why not I suppose.

Name: Shadow

Imagine his mark as a hammer striking an anvil.

Basic Personality: Shadow is very quiet around other ponies, not really knowing any of them since Shadow had just moved to Hoofington a week or two before. Once someone get's to know Shadow, it is found out that he is an incredibly loyal friend and a very caring pony. Shadow is hardworking and very talented at the magic he practices. Shadow is extremely talented in ironwork and his magic reflects just that.

Occupation:Shadow works as a night guard for the town of Hoofington, but during the day he works as either a blacksmith/farmhand.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
All right with six characters and a 7th possibly on the way, I think we should get started we also have a relatively good mix, in fact we 2 of each race, (Pegasi, unicorn earth pony) not including my character, but lets get this going.

In the town of Hoofington the day starts with the sun slowly rising, as it rose the Observatory, a tall building in the east cast a dark monolithic shadow over the town, but only for a moment as the sun continued to rise though the shadow passed.
a bright and sunny day was to come except for some reason a few of the Weather Pegasi could notice some nasty black storm clouds on the way, hey weren't near by any means but they would be here at least tomorrow, now the storm itself wasn't a problem but usually the unicorn working the observatory would have told them this at least a week ago.

however any question would have to wait, the summer send off festival was two weeks away and they were in the planning stages. The summer send off similar to the winter wrap up up, was a time when summer ended and Autumn began, and Hoofington was founded by earth ponies so they couldn't just zap the leaves orange, this meant that instead of having to make Autumn happen they just had a party and let it happen.
and so the day began.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Here's mine
Name: Gearwork Hastemaker

Appearance:

Cutie Mark: would be a trio of silver gears

Basic Personality: A very kind if somewhat eccentric pony. Is very knowledgeable when it comes to giving advice. Even though he has lived in Hoofington for 5 years, and is still a social outcast. He has very few friends, but is an incredibly loyal trustworhty friend A very caring and helpful pony, he will often offer help to anypony that needs it, and usually never expects anything in return. Seen as a little nuts but is seen as one of the more sane ponies in the town. He is also seen as one of the most patient ponies in town. Is gifted in many different types of magic including: metalworking, technical design, and machinery; and has mastered most of them.

A mechanical genius, can invent mechines that are incrediby helpful to the citizens of Hoofington. A unicorn but has created a pair of mechanical wings that he can use for brief periods of time. A gifted inventor, he has created many mechinations that are used in the mines by the citizens of Hoofington.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Korak the Mad said:
Here's mine

Appearance:
Not to be nit picky but, why is he both a pegasus and unicorn? the rest is fine except I suspect he might be a bit OP, fist off above question ands secondly ponies have problems because of an aura? I'll let you in, I'll even let you keep the pega/corn mix if you explain it but your on watch.
Edit thank yu now would someone kindly advance the story i made that vague opeing to allow the day to start, so just do what youd think your pony would do

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Orinon said:
Korak the Mad said:
Here's mine

Appearance:
Not to be nit picky but, why is he both a pegasus and unicorn? the rest is fine except I suspect he might be a bit OP, fist off above question ands secondly ponies have problems because of an aura? I'll let you in, I'll even let you keep the pega/corn mix if you explain it but your on watch.
Edit thank yu now would someone kindly advance the story i made that vague opeing to allow the day to start, so just do what youd think your pony would do
I'll edit it for you, remove a few abilities, then I'll give the next piece of the story.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Speedie Pranks woke early in the morning as was her custom and got out of bed, flapping her wings to get dressed for the day, where she put on her vest and rings and tip-hoofed out of the house so as not to awaken anypony still asleep.

Once outside however, she opened her wings and began flying, moving clouds to let the sunshine through for the Summer Send-Off preparation. They couldn't have it dark on a day meant for gathering and setting up. The storm clouds worried her briefly, but if they were anything but normal storm clouds, Midnight Gaze would have let the rest of the Weather Ponies know about it. She continued to work in silence with her fellow ponies that were clearing the skies.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Onwards with the story:

As the day progrssed the stormclouds grew at an unnatural rate, and the light of the sun dwindled more and more by the hour. By noon, the sky was almost as dark as it would be at night.

Gearwork was in his workshed working on a new piece of equipment that would help the other ponies with the celebration. He had noticed the dark clouds that had appeared on the horizon during the morning, but thought nothing of it. As the day progrssed he felt more and more uneasy, and by noon he had to see what was going on. He put down his project and headed outside.

What awaited him was disturbing. It seemed that it was almost as dark as night, and there was an unnatural presence that permeated from the clouds. He looked and saw that many of the creatures that lived near the town were trembling with fear. Gearwork grabbed a lantern that had a glowing crystal inside, these were used mainly inside the mine to help light the deeper caverns inside and help maintain a steady flow of oxygen for the miners. What he noticed was that the crystal, which normally glowed with an intense greenish-blue light almost made no indent on the shadows, as if they were part of a tangible being.

So gearwork headed into town to see how the other ponies were doing.

When he arrived he expected to see the houses lit up with candles and the light crystals and that everypony was preparing for the Summer Send-off festival. Yet there were no lights, or that there were no strong visible light. There were a few other ponies around but they looked as though they were in very uneasy. Gearwork came up to the nearest pony and asked "Where is everypony? I know there should be more ponies around, so do you know they could be?" The pony , a dark green stallion with a light blue mane and tail blankly looked at him for a moment before responding "Home. They are resting." With that the pony continued working.

Gearwork shrugged and headed to the observitory to see if anypony up there could explain this bizarre weather. He remembered how the animals were behaving and he quickened his pace. When he arrived he saw that it looked like it had been abandoned in quite a hurry. The doors were left open and that there were papers strewn about. Gearwork entered and causiously made his way to the telescope and looked through it.

What he saw caused him to scream and he bolted his way back into town. He ran until he reached the town hall where upon entering he saw six or seven other ponies, who looked a little uneasy but not as extreme as the ponies who were outside looked. As soon as he saw them, he yelled "Something dark is headed this way! We have to do something!!" Gearwork then collapsed into unconsciousness.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
A pony, swaddled in a dark violet cloak approached the unconscious pony, a hood made it had to see their face but by the way the hooves hit the ground hard, and the posture of the pony it waseasy to tell it was rather angry that this pony had entered the observatory, they could also see it had a basket full of roots leaves,and other plants.
"Who are you to enter my home? while in the forest I do roam,
I went to gather Bay leaves, Briony, Castor, Cypress, Columbo root, and other herbs needed and you decided to enter my place of work? I ought to, to-" the pony grumbled loudly, to help the unconscious pony he used his magic to unscrew the cap from a canteen he had been carrying and splashed it in the pony's face, he then walked past him and locked the observatory. it was unlikely they'd leave it open again.