But all is not well in Hoofington (A MLP FiM Rp, 3 slots open, PM GM if interested.)

DragonofDecay86

Sep 26, 2009
Shadow awoke to bright light streaming into the windows of his small house on the edge of town. Shadow yawned and climbed out of bed slowly, his muscles aching from the different tools he had been asked to make for the Summer Festival. Normally, making a few things wasn't very tiring on Shadow, but the sheer amount of people requesting items was overwhelming. It had been this way for a little while now, different ponies always requesting different things and then changing their minds half-way through the project.

Shadow sighed and looked back at his bed, the horn on his head glowing a dark maroon color as the blankets picked themselves up and tucked themselves neatly back onto his bed. Normally Shadow would have made his own bed, but this morning he felt lazy and wished for nothing more than to sleep again.

After a hasty breakfast of oats, Shadow left his small abode and found himself wandering down the twisting trail that led back to the village. It was a trail Shadow frequently found himself walking, and one that he actually enjoyed to walk. The path led back from his house down to a narrow stream with a makeshift bridge that allowed him safe passage. That bridge hadn't been there when Shadow had first moved in, Shadow had built it himself so that he didn't have to jump over the little creek every time he wanted to get into town.

The air outside was warm, with the scent of apples on the wind. The sun was out and shining, casting a glow on Shadow's dark pelt, yet even with the warmth and the sun there still seemed to be something ominous about the morning. Storm clouds rumbled in from the plains, and despite how far away they were from Hoofington, Shadow still didn't like the look of them.

Shadow made it into town rather quickly, only to see Gearwork, the only other blacksmith pony in Hoofington, collapsed on the ground. Shadow sighed and shook his head, his hair not moving an inch. Shadow looked up to see a white pony with a fiery mane, and decided to walk over to her.

"What happened to Gearwork?" Shadow asked, avoiding catching the ponies gaze.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
The quill shop was, yet again, completely deserted. Rather unsurprising, considering the demand the feathery instruments carried in the small town.

Regardless of the complete lack of customers, an azure unicorn manned the counter, if one could consider listlessly slumping across the wooden partition equatable to managing it. Behind the square frames of his spectacles, Last Second's bored eyes flicked back and forth, soundlessly staring at the dusty tome floating in front of the pony. An ethereal, emerald aura engulfed the large book as it hovered, occasionally moving to surround and flip a page.

"Something dark is headed this way! We have to do something!!"

Last's gaze was drawn away from his sole source of entertainment by the excited shout; blinking in surprise, the unicorn watched as a jet-black pony rushed past his shop window, screaming about some horrid disaster that would undoubtedly destroy the town and all who inhabited it.

Well, it's bound to be more interesting then staying here.

Methodically, Last set the ponderous tome down, inserting a bookmark before allowing the old, musty pages to slam shut. Ducking under the counter, he shot a quick glance around the entirety of his shop, ensuring that it was indeed empty. "Anypony mind if I close for lunch?"

The silence that answered Last's query was fairly clear. Sticking a CLOSED sign to a window, the unicorn stepped outside, locked the door behind him, and began to trot in the direction Gearwork had been frantically bolting. If this was like any of the other "disasters" that had almost destroyed life as he knew it, then odds were it'd still be there no matter how fast or slow he walked.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
"Hey." came a casual voice to Last's side. The had already jumped in surprise a moment ago, so now the question was how long, exactly, had Windsock been trotting along beside him. However long it was, either the pegasus thought nothing of it or he was deliberately avoiding calling attention to his arrival, in pursuit of some self-amusement.

"So," he said, addressing the current situation. "is there some kind of parade coming? I saw Gearwork heading this way, and then you were following him, so I figured there must be something going on. And since, you know, it's Summer Send-Off coming up..."

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Midnight exited his observatory, his starry cloak, he had with him a green potion that had the consistency of tomato soup, and a similar smell, but combined with a bitter scent.
"Ok this pony is in need of what I call wake-up juice, this bitter drink is known to heal many illnesses, though it is not pleasant for consumption, I learned it from a tribe of buffalo people, see I was after a rare cactus flower that when picked under the full moon had super natural properties, but I found i had contracted something the locals call deep sleep fever, where the pony is sleeping for long periods of time and when occasionaly awake is so fatigued that they can barely stand the natives kindly assisted me and gave me this bitter drink to which I decided to name it wake up juice since it filled me with vigor-"
"JUST GIVE HIM THE POTION ALREADY" Last second burst out, he had been using his spell and could see that Midnight would have kept going on for several hours without stopping
"Oh, um.... so sorry I got carried away I haven't slept in a while so I;m not very good at focusing- see there I go again," he shook his head, opened Gearworks mouth and poured the green drink down his throat.
"should wake up any second now"
they waited
"any second now"
It's morning, a new day has started and theres an ussue because while there was a storm Midnight hasn't been telling anyone, and now he's upset because someone entered his place without his permission, he hates that, he loves his privacy, maybe I should have mentioned that.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
[b/]"Something dark is headed this way![/b] Some pony screamed, flying past the window of Bookworm's small cottage. Bookworm looked up from her writing, distracted by the screaming and made her way to the window. It's called [u/]Something Wicked This Way Comes[/u], not "something dark" - that's just a silly name for..." she stopped as she noticed the weather, dark and all encompassing, exceedingly eerie in every aspect. It cast a dark shadow over all Hoofington, like a black specter from their deepest nightmares. It blocked out the sun, throwing darkness over creation as far as a pony could see, threatening destruction of all that might hold good within it.

"When did it become daytime?" she asked, confused with how time had passed. A moment later, a thought occurred to her. The storm, the pony screaming about danger, the hurried running of all the pony's around her - how could she have missed it - this would make a great chapter for her next publishing! Without a moments delay, she grabbed her bag, stuffed it full of paper, quills, and ink, stopped for a quick snack, made her bed, grabbed her shopping list, and finally bolted out after the pony that had moved past her window.

A quick flight later, she arrived at the town-hall, where Gearwork had collapsed. Bookworm hustled inside, joining the group of ponies already staring at the unconscious Stallion. She looked on with shock and horror - what kind of writer would have a main character fall unconscious in a [u/]SAFE[/u] location, not surrounded by danger, adventure, or drama. it was just sloppy wordsmithing.

Then she heard the thunder and saw the flash of lightning. "Statement retracted." she mumbled, taking liberal notes.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
Alright, so it's only dark out because of the oncoming storm? Cool, good to know.

Also, it looks like I should explain Last Second's ability a bit more thoroughly: Instead of traditional clairvoyance or future-sight, which (Depending on the series) could allow you to see anywhere from minutes to years in the future, Last's mind is just permanently stuck five seconds ahead of everything else, no more and no less.

For example, while he can easily tell what somebody will say right before they say it, he has no way of knowing just how long they'd carry on talking.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Speedie was laying out on a cloud she'd moved to a more secluded region of Hoofsville. She didn't feel like helping with the Summer Send-off this year and she just couldn't bring herself to hiding entirely. She was comfortable until the clouds started rolling in and there was nothing anypony could do about them.The entire Weather Corp would have had to have been mobilized to deal with even a fraction of them. So she did the smart thing, and left her cloud behind. She arrived at the safehouse, where everypony not already inside gathered.

Speedie attempted to stay on the outskirts of the group of ponies, slightly scrunched up to hide the fact that she was leggier than most and her bracelets she wore. She couldn't remember exactly why she'd started wearing them in the first place, it made ponies stare at her and she didn't like it, except when she did.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Midnight was in fact confused that none of the Weather corp. were trying to fight the storm.
he had only one option he's have to go up to them, but that required the ability to walk on clouds, which was only Pegasus ponies had.
however Midnight of of a spell that allowed him to walk on clouds, and someone had went into his place so one turn deserved another.
The other ponies could see midnight running with a book in his satchel, and was running to Gearwork's shop, they didn't know his plan was to obtain of of Gearworks greatest inventions.
a device that was the envy of any earth pony and even of unicorns.
a metal set of wings that gave flight.

DragonofDecay86

Sep 26, 2009
Shadow stared in disbelief as the other ponies around him ran frantically, trying to avoid an unseen danger. Shadow let out a snort of laughter before seeing one of the Weather corps members at the back of the crowd. A bright yellow pony with vivid green hair spiked back just like his. Four bracelets adorned either set of legs, and each had a different colored gem. Shadow made his way back to the other pony, stopping beside her as he continued to watch the commotion around him.

"I don't believe I know you, but it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Shadow. I was wondering if there was any real reason to be panicking like this?" Shadow said with a smile as he enjoyed the other ponies reactions.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
Really? REALLY?

Last Second barely resisted the urge to facehoof, as he watched Midnight gallop off to Celestia knows where. Midnight had claimed his oddly colored potion would revive Gearwork, but judging by the inventor's immobile state the bespectacled unicorn was willing to bet that the eccentric astronomer had failed quite miserably.

Sighing, Last turned to Windsock. The prankster pegasus might be a tad wearisome at times, but at least he hadn't been sent into a full-blown panic by a gloomy sky. "Don't suppose you can help me carry him to the hospital?"

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Bookworm watched the crowd of ponies, keeping an eye out for the tell tale [s/]heart[/s] signs of mane characters. Gearwork was the obvious answer, having flown through town, spreading word of their coming doom. Another pair of options were Last Second and Windsock, now trying to carry the injured Gearwork to the nearest hospital - very heroic actions in the story and, what more, "Last Second" was a great name for a hero, all be it a bit corny. Windsock... well... humorous sidekick maybe? the next possibility was Speedie Pranks, who was one of the few calm people in the crowd and one of the Weather Troop - all the right credentials to save the town. She was talking to Shadow - a mysterious stranger, another great archetype. Finally, there was Midnight who was running out into the storm, to try and do something. As he passed Bookworm, she saw the look in his eye and made up her mind - he had a plan: only a real protagonist would have a plan!

As such, she noted the others in case this was a multi-protagonist story, and bolted after the unicorn, flying with all her might in the winds of the storm, yelling "Wait! I want to see the next chapter too!"

[spoiler="OOC"/]Bookworm is becoming dangerously genre savvy, but I'm pretty sure that's her character so I'm running (or more accurately flying) with it.[/spoiler]

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
"I don't believe I know you, but it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Shadow. I was wondering if there was any real reason to be panicking like this?"

Speedie's attempts to appear inconspicuous had obviously failed and she covered herself with her wings as best she could while speaking with the new black pony.

"M-Midnight normally lets us know when any storms crop up. This one just appeared out of nowhere. We can't deal with it, there's too few Weather Ponies in Hoofington for this." She stumbled over her words, she just wasn't good with ponies outside of work.

DragonofDecay86

Sep 26, 2009
"No need to be shy, I won't bite." Shadow laughed, "I normally don't talk to ponies here, but I figure that it is best to know about the situations we find ourselves in don't you?"

Shadow watched as two other pegasi carried the unconscious Gearwork away to the hospital. Another bright pink pegasus darted away after the two astronomer, and Shadow let out an inaudible sigh. The town was all in a cluster, and nobody seemed to want to sit down and get a clear explanation from anyone about what was actually going on.

"Well maybe my magic can be of some use to you Ms. Pegasus, although I mostly work with metals." Shadow smiled, turning to regard the yellow pegasus once again.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Midnight listened as the strange Pegasi was following him and saying something about chapters.
"Your a Pegasus aren't you? get all the Pegasi in the air we need to handle this storm, I have a plan but I need all the Pegasi to handle this storm, it's too big for me to handle alone. Midnight kept running, he entered gears shop which had also been unlocked, he searched and searched until he found it, the metal wings that Gearworks used to fly like a Pegasi, Midnight then looked around to make sure no one could see him
"lapidi virtutis robore ades. Da splendent deorum vim. Antiquis lapides de potentia, miscere tua magicis cum mea, et me fulgebunt sicut lucem sanctam." with that a powerful glow emanated from within his satchel the glow was like that of a swirling golden mist which surrounded his horn. he then took to the air, to any who looked they could see his eyes glowing white, and his horn's magic had gone from indigo to gold. his voice was booming and authorial.
"Pegasi of Hoofington, follow my lead, try your best to clear out this storm, Unicorns, use your magic to divert all this water, get it into the nearby lake. Earth ponies, I want you to get all the little ones into someplace safe, then hide there yourself so they won't be scared.
I do realize how strange this is, the weird Magic however is part of the plot, and this storm also has weight, the storm is big enough to cause a dilemma and while my sheet didn't mention this, that was because I didn't want to go to deep and the first encounter with midnight was supposed to be very very different however he does have a thing for epicness, I didn't say so earlier because well organic writing.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
"Don't suppose you can help me carry him to the hospital?"

"Oh, er, what?" Windsock asked, shaking his head as he took in his surroundings. Last could tell fairly easily that the pegasus hadn't been paying a single bit of attention to what had happened. Finally seeing the immobile pony, his eyes bugged out a bit. "Oh, wow! That guy's zonked! What did you say, again?"

After repeating himself, Last saw Windsock happily nod his head. "Yeah, I can carry him, just help him get on my back!"

After a minute of loading, the unconscious stallion was placed squarely on the happy pegasus' back, who gave a quick "Let's go!" and stepped behind his acquaintance to follow.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
Appearance:

A raccoon from the magical forest. For much of his life he was saddened by feelings of uselessness, surrounded by dragons and unicorns and magical creatures. As a raccoon, he didn't have magic. All this changed in adulthood, as he spent every waking moment designing bombs. He crafted himself a big bazooka and a stockpile of missiles. However, in his pursuit of greater and greater explosions, he failed to take the necessary precautions, and an accident occurred. The blast leveled his house and hurled him a tremendous distance, landing near Hoofington.

He also likes eating your garbage.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
"Pegasi of Hoofington, follow my lead, try your best to clear out this storm,

The words rebounded over the small hamlet, and Speedie and the rest of the Weather Corp made way for the door, a few of them(Speedie included) were flying before they crossed the threshold out into the storm once more.

The dozen or so Pegasi of the Weather Ponies each took a pegasi pony and gave them a crash course in cloud clearing.

"Come on, everypony, show this storm what we feel about them ruining our Summer Send-Off!" She yelled over the storm,"Buttersweet, help the new ponies out over there! Rododendrum, give your back to pushing back that cloud!" Speedie herself charged at several faster,smaller clouds, throwing them across the skies.

Soon enough they'd cleared a small patch of sky, and a cheery ray of sunshine shown through to the safe house. Then it slowly closed, covered by more thunderclouds.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
"Let's go!"

As Windsock began to happily trot towards the hospital, Last fell in behind him, his horn alight with an emerald aura. A similarly colored contrail surrounded most of Gearwork's still quite limp body, taking a bit of the weight off the cherry pegasus; Last Second was not going to allow Windsock to carry the unicorn all by himself.

A few moments passed as the pair of ponies left the town meeting hall, moving at a decent clip towards Hoofington's sole hospital. In a larger town or city, the small building would have been labeled a clinic, at best, but for the small village it was enough to get by.

Last stepped forward, and raised a hoof to knock of the glass door leading into the building, when Midnight's booming voice shook through the sky: "Pegasi of Hoofington, follow my lead, try your best to clear out this storm, Unicorns, use your magic to divert all this water, get it into the nearby lake. Earth ponies, I want you to get all the little ones into someplace safe, then hide there yourself so they won't be scared."

Biting back a curse, Last grumbled to himself in a dark tone, a few of his more tasteful words including "bloody moron" and... you know, the rest of it really shouldn't be repeated where foals might be able to hear.

Turning his gaze skyward, Last Second began shouting out, "For Luna's sake, it's just a freak... storm?" The unicorn's voice softly trailed off, his eyes widening as they took in the pitch-black clouds overhead. He hadn't actually bothered to observe the storm front that everypony seemed to be talking about, passing off what had to be hyperbole as the citizenry's tendency to panic over the slightest detail. Still, looking up at the looming thunderheads and the swiftly approaching sheets of rain, Last began to see what the big deal was.

Suddenly jerking back to reality, the unicorn poked his head inside the hospital, shouting at the alabaster mare sitting behind the reception desk. "Oi, we could use a hoof with this guy!"

While the startled receptionist began to flail around, nearly knocked out of her seat by Last's panicked cry, the blue-furred unicorn turned to help lift Gearwork off Windsock's back, before suddenly flinching.

"And watch out for the," CRRRRRSSSSSHHHH! "...Shelf."

DragonofDecay86

Sep 26, 2009
At the bizarre sight around him, Shadow couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the moment. After being completely ignored by the bright yellow mare, Shadow left the meeting hall in a slightly less than average mood, which was only brought lower by the rain now pouring down on Hoofington. The storm had come faster then Shadow had first thought, bringing with it the chilling rain and crackle of thunder that promised hard times for Hoofington. Shadow started a soft gallop, making sure to help the few remaining straggling ponies into their houses before leaving for his workshop after many nervous exchanges between Shadow and the other ponies. Shadow managed to make it into his workshop just as the Weather Corps managed to cut a small hole in the black sky, only to have it close itself almost immediately. Shadow saw the bright yellow mare flying in circles, and giving orders to the other pegasi, and for a few seconds Shadow wished there was a way for him to help, but of course there wasn't. Not unless Shadow miraculously managed to grow wings.

Shadow shook his head, letting raindrops fall onto the straw covered floor of his workshop. It was a small place, with just enough room for a furnace, and a rack of different ores and pic-axes. Shadow mainly built the pics for people who dared to go into the gemstone mine at the edge of town, although he advised against such course of action. Of course no pony ever listened to Shadow, preferring to go off into the mine and risk their lives for the riches held inside.

I wonder what is in that mine though, to make dozens of ponies want to risk everything to explore it... Shadow wondered as he pulled on his blacksmiths apron. Shadow looked over at the wall, his horn glowing faintly as a large black hammer lifted itself off the wall over to an anvil shaped like a dragon's head. Both of these things were gifts from Canterlot, given to him by the blacksmith there who had admired Shadow's work before. The hammer was engraved with a salamander head on one side and on the other, the same symbol as his cutie mark.

"I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I had accepted her offer and never left Canterlot." Shadow said with longing in his eyes. Shadow's horn shone a darker red as the hammer reared back and struck a thin piece of metal, bending the material into shape. Each hammer smash was followed by a clap of thunder that echoed in the small workshop.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
I have two solutions to this problem
A: Midnight Gaze see's the storm is too powerful to b fixed and so they have to hide in the caves and now the whole town is mad because he didn't warn them
or B: Midnight shows the extent of his weird magic's power and the stom is removed

I'm sort fof liking the former because its less OP and it makes better character plot. but I'm goign to let you guys think it over between yourselves.
also remember Midnight himself told them don';t go into the caves it's dangerous.

However I won't be around for a while, It's night time and I really gotta go to bed, good night.