Buyers regret.

Scarecrow1001

Jun 27, 2011
Once, many moons ago, I pre-ordered Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. I played it, and quite enjoyed the first two levels. Then I finished it that night. Just... take everything good about the first one, set it on fire, remove half the ash, then sell the rest at the same price. Genius. But I bought the Collector's edition... found it two weeks later for literally half what I paid.
Also, about half the games on my PS3 in general. I bought heaps on sales, resulting in me owning about 1/3 of everything released for it. There was some real crap.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
My Sennhieser's broke so I got some Skull Candys. The next day I took them straight back and got a $20 pair of Sonys that work really well.

I recently bought a cheap electric guitar on a whim, knowing full well I don't have the self-discipline, mental capacity, or finger independence to play one. I stare at it every day with remorse in my heart.

Childe

Jun 20, 2012
Mine was a dota 2 purchase, specifically PA's arcana. faceplamed just about the literal second after i hit buy.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
Bought a super expensive (relatively) shoulder rest for my violin and after spending about a billion hours trying to find a position that worked I'm now forced to sell it for a fraction of it's cost.
It's not like it's a lot of money or i can't spare it but being the sort of person who heavily researches even the most basic purchases and have it do nothing but waste my time is annoying.

EHKOS said:
I recently bought a cheap electric guitar on a whim, knowing full well I don't have the self-discipline, mental capacity, or finger independence to play one. I stare at it every day with remorse in my heart.
don't give up you would be surprised how quickly you develop musical skill if you just devote a few minuets a day to it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The first things that spring to mind are Fable 3 and, Dragon Age 2. Fable 3 was the last game I've ever pre-ordered and Dragon Age 2 was the last game, not released by Nintendo, that I bought on day one. Fable 2 was actually a game that I enjoyed, it wasn't what Fable was promised to be and it certainly wasn't what was promised but I still had fun with Fable 2. I actually kind of liked the ending; I thought it was funny that Reaver does his thing if you remain inactive. Fable 3 however was an incredible failure; like the other two it wasn't optimized for the console it exclusively launched on, Befriending and marrying NPCs went from absurdly easy to absurdly obtuse and downright pointless. The pause...rooms...are probably a factor that contributed to the game running as slowly as it ran...it just felt like a huge waste of time to me...Angry Joe's video still applies to that piece of shit game.

Dragon Age 2 was just lazy. Consider this: Dragon Age: Origins had an expansion with a subtitle and Dragon Age 3 has a subtitle. DA2 is the only game in the series without and that's just the beginning of the laziness present in this piece of crap game. Re-used dungeons, boring combat, boring enemy types, sudden retconning of what one of the species are (although I do like how they're not just large humans now), unlikable side characters...it's just a game that I had no fun with. I liked how the story was reigned in a bit but since the scale of the conflicts was pulled back, not a single threat seemed too big until the end when it looked like a civil war was breaking out. Then the story shoots itself in the leg by saying 'screw it, the guys who are morally right are going to decide to be evil now and give in to the bubble-gum demons within them'. Yep...thanks for making sure to impress upon me that I made the wrong choice of allies you assholes.

Scarecrow1001 said:
Once, many moons ago, I pre-ordered Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. I played it, and quite enjoyed the first two levels. Then I finished it that night. Just... take everything good about the first one, set it on fire, remove half the ash, then sell the rest at the same price. Genius. But I bought the Collector's edition... found it two weeks later for literally half what I paid.
Also, about half the games on my PS3 in general. I bought heaps on sales, resulting in me owning about 1/3 of everything released for it. There was some real crap.
I got the collectors edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines for the PS3 for roughly the price of a Pizza recently...it's not a good game but I think I'm enjoying it more than Dragon Age 2 at least. I loves me a good turd.

xorldain

Feb 13, 2012
As far as video games go, I had two impulse steam buys that were big mistakes Day One: Garry's Incident and 7 Days to Die.
In my childhood of buying games I immediately regretted buying Megaman Network Transmission, I did not do my research and it was terrible.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
EHKOS said:
Hahaha, I know that feel.

A friend of mine moved to another country temporarily and left some stuff with me to keep for him until he comes back. One of those things is a guitar, so I thought "oh cool, I might learn to play a guitar while he's gone, I have tons of spare time."

I go on youtube, find a series of guitar lesson videos. Play the first video

"Step 1: Tune the guitar"

I put down the guitar and never picked it up again.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
I don't entirely regret it but I did buy something without looking into what I was actually buying today. I wanted to get the Hotline Miami 2 OST and on Steam I saw it was 15 bucks, same price as the base game, but then I saw there was a "Deluxe" edition of HM2, and for 5 bucks I could upgrade my base copy of the game. I assumed that since this deluxe thingy required the base game, the deluxe one was the OST and would save me 10 bucks. It isn't, in fact, I have no idea what I bought, I checked my file folder and there is a "remix" folder which I think is new, and contains 6 remixes of tracks from the game, but it wasn't what I was looking for. Still don't exactly regret it because I want to support the game. Still wish I had googled it though before I spent the money.

I double checked my steam library and there aren't any games that stuck out to me as being major regrets, because the games I have that I don't play are ones I got on steam sales for dirt cheap and are games I at least believe I will get to eventually.

That said, Mass Effect 3 is the one game I truly regret. I regret getting it so much, I actually regret the first two games, which I enjoyed, because due to my distaste for ME3's ending, I will never be able to play the first two again. 60 bucks preorder for a game I didn't like while I spent 10 bucks for ME1 and ME2 and I really enjoyed them.

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
My headset. Dumped 10,000yen into a really sexy Corsair gaming headset that...sounds worse than my speakers (despite reviews!) and never see much use outside of skype calls.