California Police Issue Safety Warning About Pedobear

Bloodysoldier

Jun 9, 2009
sigh... morons...

This reminds me of something that I have heard in many churchs... "Has god touched your child yet?" or "GOD touches you and your children every day" or "have you been touched by jesus yet?"

I think there is something in the bible that says 'and god had came down and touched his son' or something along those lines.

From the looks of this who should we be more afraid of for being a child toucher?

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
Libellous I say! How dare they level these accusations at me?! My predilection for paedophilia is perfectly normal!

EDIT: Before some moron takes me seriously, let me state here that I am not a paedophile and that the Californian police should really lurk more.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
Oh California! You never seem to disappoint us when it comes to being dirt-stupid! What's coming next? Is Anonymous going to be put on the FBI's Most Wanted List? Will 'lolz' and 'Gentlemen' be added to the Words You Can't Say On Television? Will the Caramelldansen be an act punishable by execution?

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I think california is a little bit behind the times... They're just now talking about pedobear?

Next year: "LOLcats! The new internet sensation!"

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Pedobear is not "new" and honestly it surprises me that they are just now "noticing" this in any form even a poorly understood one, especially after high profile incidents like him "sneaking into" the mascot artwork for the Olympics in Canada.

In reality Pedobear is used to sort of mock pedophilles and the entire situation (including people who go to ridiculous lengths to witch hunt pedos, or create pedo-contreversy when there shouldn't be any). Not as a symbol for Pedophilles to communicate with each other.

What's more I believe a lot of "children" and teens on the internet use him as a joke intentionally to mock their own alleged innocence. I've seen artwork and pictures taken/shopped with Pedobear that were intentionally set up at jokes. Pedobear walking around comics con, posing for pictures, and handing out of candy is a sort of dark bit of humor, and I doubt the guy in the costume was a pedo or that the kids posing with him were really all that naive and instead were doing it for the lulz. :p

In general when Pedobear "approves" of something typically it's said in response to some sicko who is trying to justify a pedo-centric position as a way of poking fun of it. Anoher good example of how it's used (for the naive) is when (as mentioned above) someone like Chris Hanson is "trying too hard" and themselves becoming a freak. The whole Pedobear/Chris Hanson rivalry joke (which is kind of old now) pokes fun at the idea that he's arguably become just as obnoxious with Pedo-baiting as the Pedos themselves.

At any rate, all rambling aside, this is funny, but it's also disturbing that law enforcement could be this far out of touch. No Pedo would be likely to use "Pedobear" because in the end the whole character exists to mock everything they are about.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Pedophiles cant steal that mascot. It ours.

I own a shirt with pedobear on it. This should be fun.

KingKamor

Jul 8, 2008
Californian here. I honestly was close to falling out of my chair at this news from laughing so hard. These guys are such idiots that it makes me want to move to Maine or something. At least they have awesome snow up there.

SlasherX

Jul 8, 2009
OMFG I wish every single law-maker in Calfornia would just STFU or go away forever or become paralyzed from the scalp down, like REALLY? see http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/1961-Free-Speech and the Governator

Wildcard5

Jun 27, 2010
Pedobear has now been spotted fleeing his natural habitat of California in his "Candy Van". He is considered armed and creepy.

I think that there are already ways to handle pedobear...
http://motivateurself.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/4chan-party-van.jpg

NSGrendel

Jul 1, 2010
Fear the paedobear. He does not seek senate approval before hurting little children.

Respectable men ensure majority backing before maiming or killing small children to achieve their goals. It's the American way.

mythicdawn12

Mar 23, 2010
Macgyvercas said:
Doesn't California have anything better to do than attack the Internet and the games industry? No offense to anyone who lives in California, but that state is really annoying me lately.
Trust me, we intelligent people unfortunate enough to live in this cesspit hate it more than you can ever know.

mythicdawn12

Mar 23, 2010
ishist said:
Based on this information California might want to put all their military bases on high alert. Word has it that a villain called Cats has declared that all their base are belong to him.

[link]http://www.virtualreality.ca/allyourbase.gif[/link]
I lol'd, especially imagining them all panicking about it.

Ultra_Caboose

Aug 25, 2008
I can understand where the police are coming from. Sure, they're overreacting, but it's understandable. Pedophilia is Pedobear's schtick, so used tongue-in-cheek or not, it's really hard to rationalize him to the people out of the loop.

Still hilarious, though.