California Police Issue Safety Warning About Pedobear

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Hahaha really? This is a cartoon. People use it so liberally they'd have to arrest half the fucking Internet.

PaulaG

Jun 16, 2009
benbenthegamerman said:
Logic 0 said:
The police forgot to mention that pedobear is also a master of disguise.
http://verydemotivational.com/2010/09/07/demotivational-posters-pedobear-3/

couldn't resist XD
Awesome.....this was just awesome
OT: Seriously though...maybe the california police should be putting out notice on Pokemon too, since I've seen that used in forums along the same lines....sigh. This article made me hurt inside my brain

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Can we PLEASE make California secede from the United States? All the BS seems to be coming from there. We can let them be there own silly little country.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I love, love, LOVE this overreaction from the CA police, because it means some idiot /b/tard is going to be harassed and driven to distraction by some cop, and I'm always in favor of /b/tards getting shit on by society at large. Not only is it sweet justice for their asshole behavior on the Internet, it also tends to piss them off, driving them to greater feats of humorous hey-look-at-me stupidity, reinforcing the stereotype and starting the cycle (and the comedy) afresh.

Onionman

Feb 23, 2010
Lawl they recognize pedo bear as a national threat omg =D. I guess the state of California has finally proven the existence of pedo bear (first he was a meme and now he comes to real life. Gg california police I laugh at you =P)

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
benbenthegamerman said:
Logic 0 said:
The police forgot to mention that pedobear is also a master of disguise.
http://verydemotivational.com/2010/09/07/demotivational-posters-pedobear-3/

couldn't resist XD
I fell out of my chair laughing LOL. Nice find!

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
When I went to PAX this year (Prime-2010, my first PAX) I saw some asshole dressed up as pedobear right outside they where they check your badges after you get up the escalators. There was what looked like a fully grown women dressed to look like a little girl posing by him and a bunch of people standing around taking pictures. I was walking past the badge checkers (showing them my three-day pass, of course), one of them, an older woman maybe in her 70s or so was looking at pedobear. I swear to God this is true, I overheard her talking to another WA States convention center employee saying

"...I don't know either, they seem to think it's funny..."

I actually think that it's not funny and really stupid. I get that it's a reference to the 404 error pages of The Website That Will Not Be Named, but there's really nothing amusing about the reference itself besides the pure shock value, which gets old fast. I think what that guy did at the Comic-con is totally wrong because those kids are going to be really creeped out by those photos of them with pedobear when they are old enough to understand it.

EDIT: Further thoughts:

I do find it kind of ironic that California has more pedo bears than grizzly bears, despite the latter being on our state's goddamn flag. In case you don't know, hunters killed off all the grizzlies more than a century ago, and what was once the symbol of our state's greatness is now extinct here. Whoops.

EDIT X2: I found pictures of the PAX pedobear I saw:

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
I needed a good laugh like this today. Thank you California police, thank you for making me laugh.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
night_chrono said:
Did they mention his bitter rivalry with Chris Hansen?
What are you talking about they're the best of friends...

Edit: Most excellent response in the actual article page:

Folks, watch out for this dangerous arsonist. He shows up wherever forest fires are common.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
AW come on Cali! It's bad enough you have to rub the Lakers and your crapload of beaches in our faces, but now you have to police the internet and seek to let the government play babysitter when it comes to video games?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Judas Iscariot said:
Lets just hope my sister never hears of this... My niece and nephew love the plush toy I sent them.

Oh yes. They are real. And they are awesome!

Link to plush [http://shop.desutoys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=dt0001]
12" Pedobear Plush Doll
It's Pedobear, the Pedestrian Bear! See him walk! Running bear!
He marches, determined! Where is he going? To YOUR home! NOW!
And this is an exact example of how Pedobear is used as a comedy prop.
Deeply twisted "humor," but as much as I don't like it, I don't see any pedophilia here.

Still, a pedobear bumpersticker is a likely "Anti-date" sign...

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Judas Iscariot said:
Lets just hope my sister never hears of this... My niece and nephew love the plush toy I sent them.

Oh yes. They are real. And they are awesome!

Link to plush [http://shop.desutoys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=dt0001]
12" Pedobear Plush Doll
It's Pedobear, the Pedestrian Bear! See him walk! Running bear!
He marches, determined! Where is he going? To YOUR home! NOW!
This thread keeps getting better and better

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Bon_Clay said:
Oh yes because real child predators have been waiting all theses years for a proper mascot to announcing to the public their intentions to rape children. Unless its some kind of reverse psychology.

Cop: "Oh if he's got pedobear on his car he can't POSSIBLY be a real pedophile, no one would be THAT stupid"

Guy in car: "Just as planned...." DUN DUN DUN

The mainstream media really need to get a grip on how the internet works, or just stop reporting on things related to it because they keep making fools of themselves.
Or they could just beat the crap out of him and let him be on his way...

OT: Now I have a legit reason for wanting to buy a automatic weapon:

Gun Shop Owner: Now what kind of gun are you looking for?
Me: Automatic, preferably a rifle.
Why!?
In case of Pedobear...
*hands me assault rifle*
Gods speed, bother!

You know, I never had a reason to write this conversation before now...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I can't wait until someone gets beat up because some kid put a pedobear decal on their car or something, and the police are perplexed as to why it happened.

Pedobear is unfunny and all, but a pedophile's mascot?

Shale_Dirk

Mar 23, 2010
This seems way too early to be an April Fools' joke.

Therefore, /b/ has succeeded in trolling the masses, once again.