Call Me Ishmael

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
...Hum ...I don't seem to see a joke. She's a *****, I guess? Is that funny? She's a persistent *****? Erin is acting oblivious? She shouted "fat" out a window and that's not what people usually do? Nope, don't get it.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
There's a girl who does this to me.

The rest of my family act like I'm a ***** for avoiding her like the plague. I do not understand why.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Buzz Killington said:
deathbydeath said:
is the title an intentional reference to the freeman's mind episode where he kills the alien shark?

The_root_of_all_evil and Somebloke have already said it, but it's almost certainly a Moby Dick reference instead. Witness the peril of a small reference pool [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmallReferencePools].
The_root_of_all_evil said:
deathbydeath said:
is the title an intentional reference to the freeman's mind episode where he kills the alien shark?
I think Freeman's mind is already referencing something else...
Somebloke said:
deathbydeath said:
...which itself is a reference to Moby Dick.

I suppose there is meant to be a likening to the size of certain aquatic mammals there... :7

EDIT: I guess Erin is just too big a girl to bite. ;PP
wow, you guys are pros at missing the point. at the time of writing the comment that triggered said responses, i was aware of the literary allusion to moby dick that freeman's mind made, and I was curious if the title of the comic was alluding to that episode, something else, or ignoring that episode and possibly others and simply going after the original work itself.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
xXxJessicaxXx said:

The rest of my family act like I'm a ***** for avoiding her like the plague. I do not understand why.
Maybe they are also concerned for your weight and are thankful someone is impolite enough to voice it.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Don Reba said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:

Maybe they are also concerned for your weight and are thankful someone is impolite enough to voice it.
Gee Thanks... way to get in on the Sharon action >_>

But really I'm not THAT fat and I'm sure if my family was concerned they would tell me themselves. :p

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Don Reba said:

But really I'm not THAT fat and I'm sure if my family was concerned they would tell me themselves. :p
You probably aren't. I have no idea; only thought it fitted with an avatar holding a food basket. :)

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Don Reba said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Don Reba said:

You probably aren't. I have no idea; only thought it fitted with an avatar holding a food basket. :)
Haha

These cookies are for my grandma I swear! :3

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Yeah, Erin's doing pretty much what you're supposed to do when someone is just overtly trying to be an unprovoked douche.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
I'm most certainly not a member of the wealthy in this country, but the occupy movement and all the garbage and trash surrounding it most certainly DO NOT represent me. It pushes buttons in me everytime I see anything thats not calling it for what it is... garbage.