Counter Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2: Special Forces
Battlefield 2: Euro Force
Battlefield 2: Armored Fury
Battlefield: Bad Company

and the Golden - Call of Duty 4

You want to know why developers make WW2 games? because its the only fucking war that wasn't piss easy, the Nazi's where actually formidable enemy's not a bunch of Arabs with out dated equip fight US marines with the fucking navy and air force backing them, how many planes / boats do you hear that the Tali Ban have destroyed? NONE.

And for all you bitching about the same old locations in WW2 games, i don't really think the desert/ some building is any better then forest/beach/euro country side. And i personally thought COD3 was a great game, you got to play as the Americans and British + the Polish Tank devision and AS FUCKING CANADIANS ( Anarchemitis should be happy with this, as was I )

The point that i'm making here is that all FPS's are the same, you shoot people, and as long as its an FPS your going to always be shooting people, no matter the setting.

And on a side note i enjoyed COD4, particularly the part where the nuclear explosion goes off, its shows that Americans aren't untouchable.

TheCountBlackMetal

Jun 24, 2008
Why o why are they making another ww2 game can they not go and make one about ww1? I cant think of one game about it,

Yeha ill only be happy if i can be a german.

TheCount.

chaostheory

May 14, 2008
Skrapt said:
It's different because in CoD4, the story actually tried to show several sides to the story, it was a different setting and completely different tactics to win. And when they go back to WWII you know it's back to a game that is basically a piece of propaganda trying to preach that America was the only country in WW2 and that they were saviours of everyone else or something. It's tired and boring, and people want something new, a pacific game is going to make no difference because as already said I bet it completely ignores every other countries efforts in the same area. So unless they can come up with something genuinely new and good and let us play as the Japanese to give us some perspective, I will not be buying it.
This new Call of Duty has both the American and Russian perspectives. Also I can not imagine this having an extreamly pro-american ending because most of the pacific campain became pointless the moment they decided to use the atomic bomb. The island hopping would only have been useful in the case of an invasion of Japan.

I am willing to give this game a chance. COD3 was okay, at least on the PS3/360 version, and Treyarch only had 8 months to make it as opposed to 2 years for World at War. Also the Pacific campain was very different than the Atlantic. Tropical island enviroments and dense foilage means more close range combat. Japanese actually were often armed with katanas and Americans were often armed with flamethrowers. Also the Japanese are very different cultrually than the Germans, something I hope is reflected in the AI, with thier willingness to sacrifice themselves and the fact that they would never retreat. There also is space for some intresting set pieces, such as kamakazi attacks

I do not think it is going to be as good as COD4 because the lack of an original story and because Infinity Ward is a more proven developer than Treyarch. I am worried about them adding vehicles to multiplayer, because it could unballance the perk system.

Sorry about he edit I accidentally hit the post button instead of the preview button.

Nov 28, 2007
TheNecroswanson said:
PurpleRain said:
Anarchemitis said:
I hope they put friggen Canadian soldiers in there. We did our part too! And join before US!
[/anger and possible flaming]
As with us (Australia). Yet, America seems to be the ONLY heroes of the war.

I was hoping that CoD5 would be set in the distant future. Warhammer 40000 run off the CoD4 engine.
That's because America makes it... And you know how we are. *Mua mua muaaaaaaaaaaa.*

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with it... Oh wait... yes I do... Aren't we on year 70 of that war being over?
No, we are on year 63. Or 64, depending on whether you count 1945 as Year 1.

Wolves

Feb 18, 2008
TheCountBlackMetal said:
Why o why are they making another ww2 game can they not go and make one about ww1? I cant think of one game about it,

TheCount.
A WW1 game would be either running out into machine gun fire and getting killed, sitting in trenches and getting diseases, or operating the machine gun. The last one is viable, but it would play like this game:http://www.addictinggames.com/stormthehouse2.html.

TheCountBlackMetal

Jun 24, 2008
DarkPDX said:
TheCountBlackMetal said:

TheCount.
A WW1 game would be either running out into machine gun fire and getting killed, sitting in trenches and getting diseases, or operating the machine gun. The last one is viable, but it would play like this game:http://www.addictinggames.com/stormthehouse2.html.
Thats why it would be so awesome, no heroism whats it like to be in a real war.

TheCount